• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

WHO AM I ?

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟472,661.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
I need to find out who i am ,because i never grew up with a sense of who i am
i label myself with illness or something am not who i thought i am my mother is toxic she brought me up with no way of knowing who i am other than a attetion seeker (her label for me ) i am not what my mother calls me i am not my illnesses its apart of me yes ...but my name isnt OCD my name IS ALEX and that is who i am my name isnt alcoholic been dress as a boy when am really born a girl how do i do this how do i become me
the person who is hurt and is hiding from the bad things MY mother and others did to me WHO AM I

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟472,661.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Can i ask for prayers please ...i believe in Jesus and am reading the bible and listening to a christian radio
i look other places i go from one to another faith i need to stop that i will stay with Jesus
looking for help to do so

• Prayers
Reactions: forlovingHim
Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,505,834.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
red-strawberry-hat-wool-beret-girls-winter-wear20667.jpg

MOD HAT ON
This thread has been moved to the General Struggles forum.
Recovery Guidelines

The site wide rules give the outline for what is and what is not acceptable in the Recovery, Mental Health, and Physical Health forums. These Forum-specific guidelines clarify those rules specifically for this area of the site.​
Recovery is a place for member peer support and encouragement, not as a substitute for professional care, nor a place for ethical/moral discussions. Only those who are seeking help may start threads in the recovery forums. Informational posts may be submitted to the recovery library for review to be posted.
Recovery Staff feel very strongly that members need to seek out real life licensed professional services and local pastoral care in addition to asking for support and advice here.​
These things are considered off topic and will not be allowed in the Recovery forums:
Promoting yourself as an expert in your posts, or in your user title
Diagnosing anyone's symptoms​
Offering treatment or any kind to other members​
Prescribing/promoting medications of any kind, including over the counter or herbal remedies​
Discouraging someone from taking prescribed medications, using or seeking professional services, using hotlines or crisis lines.​
Ethical and moral discussions are dealt with in other areas of the forum. These discussions will be removed from recovery or moved to another area if possible.​
Any posts dealing with, instructing or suggesting the need for spiritual warfare will be removed. Insinuating that members are possessed or that their Mental, Emotional or Physical health issues are caused by demonic or spiritual issues are not permitted. This includes the "devil is the whole problem" or "You need to get right with God" or "You do not have enough faith" type of statements would be examples of these types of posts. Linking to sites offline that address spiritual warfare are not permitted as well.​
Asking or requesting that members engage in research topics or volunteer as research subjects, or links directing web-traffic to another site for this purpose is not appropriate and will be removed. Requests to post a research topic in other areas of CF need to be brought up in Support for permission and if granted, the most appropriate forum for posting it.
No polls or surveys are allowed.​
Endorsement of certain topics - This is not allowed and staff will remove any posts which endorse or encourage any of the following behaviors/topics.​
  • abortion​
  • alcohol and/or drug use/abuse​
  • bisexuality​
  • extramarital or premarital sexual activity​
  • gambling​
  • harmful and/or hurtful behaviors of any nature​
  • homosexuality​
  • polygamy​
  • transsexuality​
  • suicide​
  • violence​
Recovery is a place people come to get support and encouragement in the process of stopping these behaviors/lifestyles and using the Christian faith to help cope with problems. Other areas of CF can be used for discussions of many of these behaviors/topics. Included in this rule is posting triggers to harmful behaviors.​
Over the Counter & Alternative Remedies
  • Over the counter remedies can interact with prescription medications. Because of that, do not recommend what someone should take, including alternative medications. Limit discussion to your experience with a medication.​
  • Cannabis (Marijuana) is an illegal drug in many states though some states have made it legal for medical purposes only. If you live in an area where it is legal for minor use or medical use, you may find more information about the drug from your physician. Discussion to promote it as an alternative drug not permitted in the recovery or main areas of CF, as this should be addressed with your physician.​
Harmful or hurtful posts:
The Recovery Team Staff will remove posts or threads that we think could be harmful in any way to any member or group of members, Even if the post or thread might not be intentionally harmful. Members will receive notification if it is the only post removed or edited. If there are a group of posts being removed or edited, the thread will have a post that advises of this and states why they were removed/edited (not who specifically).​

The Recovery Team Staff will edit or remove posts that we see as being a trigger for someone who is trying to stop doing some behavior. For example, a post that "argues a member should do x, y or z anyways because it doesn't matter" or "I'm just going to drink myself sick."
Because of the risk of triggering suicidal thoughts in others, we remove threats and/or endorsements of suicide. This includes posting that another member others know have killed him/herself. If you are having thoughts about suicide but have no immediate plans or intentions your posts may be able to show. Make sure to **Trigger Warn** the title and the top of your post. If you are having serious issues, log off now and contact 800-SUICIDE in the US, www.imalive.org online in the US, or www.befrienders.org for international crisis centers (found in the upper right hand corner of their site).​
We want to allow you to have support from others but we must be careful not to have posts that might trigger others to follow suit. Staff will err on the side of safety and caution for other members in these situations. Please utilize local professional services such as calling 911, going to the emergency room or to a local medical clinic.​
When Staff remove these suicidal posts or self harm posts of any threat or description from view we are encouraging the members to seek professional services in their local area and provide phone numbers to local crisis lines if available. Christian Forums is NOT a crisis center, nor are the Recovery Team members trained in Suicidal Intervention. Members continuing to post outside these guidelines may be banned temporarily to seek help offline.​
Please note, the Eating Disorders forum may not have numbers in any format in posts, and they will be edited out without notice.​
Posts that are graphic in the description of a type of event (such as in trauma that was quite abusive, details of substance use or graphic descriptions of surgery) will be edited or removed to protect others. Our site is open to those who are as young as 16, and may be read by individuals who are younger than 16.​
MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

Giacinta

Jul 12, 2015
✟18,228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Can i ask for prayers please ...i believe in Jesus and am reading the bible and listening to a christian radio
i look other places i go from one to another faith i need to stop that i will stay with Jesus
looking for help to do so

Praying will lead you to well being in the long term. Ask the Blessed Virgin Mary to help you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Drifter Kybe Scythe Kane

Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2017
boston
✟50,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
i label myself with illness or something am not who i thought i am my mother is toxic she brought me up with no way of knowing who i am other than a attetion seeker (her label for me ) i am not what my mother calls me i am not my illnesses its apart of me yes ...but my name isnt OCD my name IS ALEX and that is who i am my name isnt alcoholic been dress as a boy when am really born a girl how do i do this how do i become me
the person who is hurt and is hiding from the bad things MY mother and others did to me WHO AM I
hi alex...nice to meet you...i'm not christian so i can't exactly relate but i'll try my best to help...i advise to choose harmony as your foundation to guide you and of course your religion...choices are always there...tactics...side approaches to life with strategy...i really don't know ways of christianity to the fullest or the higher mysteries of the religion...forgive me...i will not leave you...i will also be by your side...no one is alone...people here in the christian forums stand beside you...don't worry...you deserve respect and comfortability and freedom...there are echoes of solutions to everything...if you have defeat in life...learn from it...not every setback will teach you so be wise...don't hesitate to emerge with confidence and feeling comfortable with yourself...like i always say...with life, there's hope always...these are dark times but never forget corruption has lost already...accept yourself...relate to yourself times of happiness and success and maybe you will find who you are...look into your past if you must if you have any happy times...trust in yourself...you posses beauty...try to let yourself know comfortable times are expecting you if you can just believe in yourself...when there are things to learn...expand it into branches of positive different things and you can learn like a lot and learn well...keep your guard up out there...for it is a dark world...lucifer, right?...that's what the devil or else called super demon if i recall right is called?...well, anyways, if you wanna call it lucifer or whatever, there is an invisible enemy of corruption out there...do what you what you need to do...i mean no offense...just trying to relate...don't cause suffering to yourself by not being alone obviously...but don't isolate...isolation can teach in the way of regret, pain, and passion to do something but try to be balanced about things...with god too if you want...remember...kind words can be misleading and just accept people who affects only your harmony in you meaning what sings to you in the name of harmony as the foundation like i always stress with everyone before other sides of life are found...but i mean being christian, i'm sure being morally right is the way...don't be ignorant of yourself and don't be ignorant of what you think you can say to people with your honest thoughts without giving things away...just don't apologize for who you are but at the same time don't i advise at least don't apologize for who you are without having true truth trajectories and true power pathways and future harmonious foundational ways as benefits throughout things as a whole in time...between you and your mother...what do you have in common between you both where she can accept you if she doesn't already?...if you ever have to forgive yourself which i hope you don't need to...you can if you want...see the truth about yourself...you have beauty...just understand the threat of corruption...with harmony as your foundation...you will see the theme out in the world with revenge, violence decision making, getting back at each other...it's all fake...

if you have alcoholic problems...prove to others you can stop if you haven't...try not to give yourself justifications on the wrong things but the things in which can make you more true to yourself and the world around you harmoniously...just know people are gonna try to get you to get into alcoholism every time you're not in it...i don't drink beer so i don't know but i can only imagine...give yourself good things...serve to stabilize yourself and keep other things in life which sing to you...don't abandon any innocent ways of yours i advise...don't forget who you are...freedom to problems are always preferable in my opinions...don't disregard your bad times with alcoholism if you consider it to be...being dependent on others...to me, at least on face value, there's no shame to it...survive with others to stand with you when it comes to alcoholism...on such things, i will be with you...okay?...you don't have to suffer needlessly...remind yourself...alcoholism is continual collapse which you don't need...drink moderately though i guess...don't deny 'true' comfortability...seek out mentoring and friendship to keep you away from such drinking...i'm here for you...okay?...

keep your chin up...stay strong...

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It doesn't matter who others think you and I are, but how God sees us. He sees us all as part of His creation, which is about mankind, so He loves us! Put the Lord Jesus FIRST in your life (and heart) ---please read John 14 in your Bible and pray about it.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We all need to come to see that God loves His creation and His people (note John 3:16), and if you take the time to meditate on John 3; John 14 you might see how you can find peace. God is waiting for each soul to come to Him in faith, so lay aside personal reasoning and do what God tells us to do in His Word of Truth. If we will not receive His "...beloved Son" into our heart, we will have no part in the Creator-God, our Father, for as Jesus says: "I am the door, by Me if anyone enters in, he will be saved" (John 10:7-10). What do you think of that? Are you willing to do that? I came to Him over 60 years ago, and am so glad I did. I have found peace and blessings in walking with Him. Read all of the four Gospels in your Bible. I will pray for you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0