California
✟14,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Reading revelations 20, and more specifically revelations 20:7-8.

Will believers/Christians be tempted AGAIN after the 1000 year millennial reign?
Who specifically will be tempted by satan after 1000 years? Will it be those who didn’t accept Jesus? Or believers/Christians will be tempted a second time?

Reactions: Tayla

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Will believers/Christians be tempted AGAIN after the 1000 year millennial reign?
Who specifically will be tempted by satan after 1000 years? Will it be those who didn’t accept Jesus? Or believers/Christians will be tempted a second time?

It says who:

Rev 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
Rev 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

The nations...and Rev 2 shows that the overcomers rule over those nations showing the difference between saved and the unsaved:

Rev 2:25 But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.
Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
Rev 2:27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

• Useful
Reactions: Erik Nelson
Upvote 0

ItalianStallion

Aug 4, 2018
California
✟14,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Still not understanding.

Who are these people, specifically, that will be tempted after the 1000 years? Will they be having children?

I don’t understand if it’s believers in Christ who’ll be tempted a second time?

Or maybe the people who didn’t get saved during the second coming?

Or is it the unsaved dead who’ll be given back up from the grave before The Great Judgement?

Upvote 0

SvN.7

May 2, 2018
Sydney
✟27,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Zechariah 14:16 - Then the survivors from all the nations that have attacked Jerusalem will go up year after year to worship the King, the LORD Almighty, and to celebrate the Festival of Tabernacles.

According to that verse and a few others, many unsaved people, both Jew and Gentile, will survive the Great Tribulation and will go on into the the Millennium. I believe it is these people who will re-populate the Earth for the 1000 years and will be the ones to get tempted at the end. Whether they all become Christian or not, it's not directly addressed I think.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: DavidPT
Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

I hate to pop your bubble, but the idea of a future 1000 year age hasn't been a part of Christianity for well over one thousand years. It was abolished by the Church and the Nicene Creed was modified to state that the kingdom "shall have no end".

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I hate to pop your bubble, but the idea of a future 1000 year age hasn't been a part of Christianity for well over one thousand years. It was abolished by the Church and the Nicene Creed was modified to state that the kingdom "shall have no end".

None of this is true...ignore all of it.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married

Some have already touched on it. The earth will repopulate during the millennial reign from the survivors of the tribulation. In 1 Thessalonians 4, we are told that when the Lord returns, we (the Christians) will forever be with Him. We won't be subject to any other temptation or judgement other than our judgement by Him right after His return.

Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
think that from a purely Pauline, Christian perspective...

"Israel" = spiritual Israel = Church
"nations" = non-Israel = non-Church population of planet earth

after the Millennial reign of the Church in power, the Adversary somehow organizes all of the "nations" as Gog under Magog against "Israel" and the Jerusalem-like "camp of the Saints"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Still not understanding.

Who are these people, specifically, that will be tempted after the 1000 years? Will they be having children?

I don’t understand if it’s believers in Christ who’ll be tempted a second time?

Or maybe the people who didn’t get saved during the second coming?

Or is it the unsaved dead who’ll be given back up from the grave before The Great Judgement?

Christ returns and the 1st resurrection occurs all the saved dead and saved living at the time are taken to heaven and will reign with Him there for 1,000 years.
Satan is chained/bound "in prison" on earth ... as he has nobody to tempt on earth for the 1,000 years.
The unsaved living at the time of His 2nd coming are destroyed and lay dead upon the earth.

After the 1,000 years .... the 2nd resurrection occurs (the unsaved dead), the New Jerusalem descends from heaven, they (unsaved dead, Satan & his minions) attack the city, they (resurrected dead, Satan & his minions) and the entire earth is destroyed by fire (GWT Judgement).

The Lord makes everything anew. AMEN!

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,335.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The unsaved living at the time of His 2nd coming are destroyed and lay dead upon the earth. After the 1,000 years .... the 2nd resurrection occurs (the unsaved dead), the New Jerusalem descends from heaven, they (unsaved dead, Satan & his minions) attack the city, they (resurrected dead, Satan & his minions) and the entire earth is destroyed by fire (GWT Judgement).

Wait... so it's like Zombie Apocalypse vs. the New Jerusalem battlestation?!?

That sounds awesome!

I've never heard that before but I'd definitely buy a ticket.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Wait... so it's like Zombie Apocalypse vs. the New Jerusalem battlestation?!?

That sounds awesome!

I've never heard that before but I'd definitely buy a ticket.

buy a ticket? ;o) well... you can't buy a ticket .... Jesus is the "ticket" it's a gift and free admission for those who believe.

Upvote 0

ItalianStallion

Aug 4, 2018
California
✟14,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Seems like there's a diverse set of answers. I disagree with the theory that the millennial won't happen (or some believe it was fulfilled during the Roman Empire). I believe the Second Coming of Christ and the 1,000 year reign will happen.

So those who will be deceived at the end of the 1,000 years are either:

1) Believers who are tempted a second time.
2) Nonbelievers and/or those who didn't become saved during Tribulation (what I'm leaning towards)

Am I correct?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,335.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
1) Believers who are tempted a second time.
2) Nonbelievers and/or those who didn't become saved during Tribulation (what I'm leaning towards)

Am I correct?

I'll try to be a little more serious now. Most of this I don't concern myself too much with. But if you are looking at a literal post 2nd coming millenial reign of Christ for 1,000 years after tribulation and Wraith Of God(tm)... I'm not sure how there can BE any non-believers at that point. I mean, it's kind of right there in front of you, and directly ruling.

Yet they STILL rebel, for some reason 1,000 years (and, I guess, 20 generations later). Maybe the Tribulation gets forgotten about. 1,000 years is a long time. It might have become just myth to the descendants, something that happened to their great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandparents. The impact of a full literal Tribulation as described is *catastrophic*, there wouldn't be a lot of records of what happened or what was before. So it kind of depends on what that 1000 year reign of Christ on earth is like, I guess, how direct it is, how present He is and that's not something that I can imagine or speculate on.

"sufficient for the day are the worries therein," someone once said.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟687,646.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What part of it do you consider untrue? There is not a single original Church that teaches millennialism.

It's gaining popularity with thise Tim Lahaye books and some churches are now teaching it.

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

We are living in the millennium.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It's gaining popularity with thise Tim Lahaye books and some churches are now teaching it.

Those are not original churches. They were founded only recently. Neither the Eastern Churches, the Roman Church, the Oriental Churches, nor the Assyrian Churches teach Chiliasm.

If we can use the words of the Roman Church, "it is an unsafe doctrine to teach". Among the Orthodox Churches it is known as "the error of Chiliasm", and sometimes worse.

Upvote 0

ItalianStallion

Aug 4, 2018
California
✟14,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Those are not original churches. They were founded only recently. Neither the Eastern Churches, the Roman Church, the Oriental Churches, nor the Assyrian Churches teach Chiliasm.

If we can use the words of the Roman Church, "it is an unsafe doctrine to teach". Among the Orthodox Churches it is known as "the error of Chiliasm", and sometimes worse.

Revelation isn't real? Revelation 20 seems to speak heavily about this.

Upvote 0