Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
According to Anderson, white rage is legitimatized through the policies that make up the American political framework. It lives in voter ID laws and manifests in the Black votes that are never cast. It lives in criminal sentencing laws and plays out in a war on drugs that was waged against Black people. It is the rage that fueled the insurrectionists who stormed the Capitol on January 6 in an attempt to dismantle America’s multicultural democracy — and it hasn’t gone away.

“White rage is the operational function of white supremacy. It is the fear of a multicultural democracy. It is predicated on a sense that only whites are legitimate Americans,” Anderson told me. -Vox.com

whiterage.jpg

I only recently heard this expression and it was on the news. I don't remember in what context it was used but I looked it up and it's the title of this book.

Has anyone read this book? What are people hearing about this term and what it means? I just got hip to this term so I haven't formed an opinion yet. I'm sure others have.

Crwth

He must increase but I must decrease
Feb 26, 2014
✟115,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Or... "white rage" could simply be the natural human response to an all-out, concerted attack against white people from all sides (mostly black and unanimously left wing) - for supposed "crimes" they didn't commit, don't condone, and dare not deny.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟571,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
According to Anderson, white rage is legitimatized through the policies that make up the American political framework. It lives in voter ID laws and manifests in the Black votes that are never cast. It lives in criminal sentencing laws and plays out in a war on drugs that was waged against Black people. It is the rage that fueled the insurrectionists who stormed the Capitol on January 6 in an attempt to dismantle America’s multicultural democracy — and it hasn’t gone away.

“White rage is the operational function of white supremacy. It is the fear of a multicultural democracy. It is predicated on a sense that only whites are legitimate Americans,” Anderson told me. -Vox.com

whiterage.jpg

I only recently heard this expression and it was on the news. I don't remember in what context it was used but I looked it up and it's the title of this book.

Has anyone read this book? What are people hearing about this term and what it means? I just got hip to this term so I haven't formed an opinion yet. I'm sure others have.

Finally, some good news about us white people... Oh wait, Ms. Anderson wasn't complimenting white people when she wrote this. Darn it.

Upvote 0

Eftsoon

Mar 26, 2021
London
✟55,992.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

whiterage.jpg

Carol Anderson is solid. Her potrayal of White Rage is of something subtle and insidious which permeates systems. She wanted to do a kind of geneaology of the phenomenon. For her WR can be triggered by black rebellion/resistance/resolve. The extreme levels of vitriol and unreasoning hatred against CRT and BLM seems to confirm this.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It's ridiculous. First the victims are slandered, and then if some of them "talk back," it allows their detractors to add to the attacks by describing their victims as upstarts or arrogant for not taking it all lying down. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟571,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's ridiculous. First the victims are slandered, and then if some of them "talk back," it allows their detractors to add to the attacks by describing their victims as upstarts or arrogant for not taking it all lying down. :rolleyes:

The book seems horrible, IMO. Speculation mixed with fantasy, is what it seems like.

Anything about racism is a New York Times bestseller. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The book seems horrible, IMO. Speculation mixed with fantasy, is what it seems like.

Anything about racism is a New York Times bestseller. :rolleyes:
Racism, like murder ... is a horrible thing to contemplate, and yet, ... is strangely scintillating ...

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟571,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Racism, like murder ... is a horrible thing to contemplate, and yet, ... is strangely scintillating ...

I would agree, I just wish other people (Ms. Anderson) wouldn't tell me what I think or how I am.

...I guess it's a pet peeve of mine.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,394.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
All races can be victims, and your point applies to all. Words like uppity and the "N" word was used for generations when black people "talked back" or had an opposite opinion from their "detractors". Now the shoe is on the other foot, and it generates rage, resentment, and hatred. This should not be.

Reactions: Eftsoon
Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
It's all about creating the bogeyman, if you look at conservative media, it's always been about white identity politics and contributing to the rage machine. Here are a few things the white rage machine has pushed in the last six months (i.e., they've been drumming up rage since Biden's inauguration because they hope to ride this wave to electoral success next year):
  • The "border crisis": Non-white people coming for your jobs or coming to the US to commit crimes
  • Voter ID: Non-white people in large cities are stealing your political voice
  • Cancel culture: Saying racist things threatens your job, but you are simply speaking the "truth"
  • Wokeness: White people are being forced to change their views of non-white people
  • Critical Race Theory: Argggh! I don't even know what it is, but I describe it as non-white people beating up white people while saying that all white people are racist (NOTE: it does not say that)
I haven't read "White Rage" yet, but I was planning on reading it soon. My favorite is actually "Racism Without Racists" by Eduardo Bonilla-Silva.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
IMHO - the only boogeymen being actively promoted are whites are all racist. Other than whites - there is no racism (lie). The white man is the cause of all our suffering - no need for personal accountability and doing what's right.

Beat up an old couple driving down the street - it's because of racism.
Break into a minority owned business - it's because of racism.
Set fire to a Federal Building repeatedly - it's because of racism.
Use lasers to blind police - it's because of racism.
Murder three people during the 'summer of love" - it's because of racism.
Minority on minority crime - it's because of racism.
Minority on minority murder - it's because of racism.
Loot Walmart so many times they permanently closed the store - it's because of racism.

Why did these people attack an Asian?
Capture 1.JPG

Capture 2.JPG

Racism of whites

Upvote 0

Eftsoon

Mar 26, 2021
London
✟55,992.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
IMHO - the only boogeymen being actively promoted are whites are all racist. Other than whites - there is no racism (lie). The white man is the cause of all our suffering - no need for personal accountability and doing what's right.

Beat up an old couple driving down the street - it's because of racism.
Break into a minority owned business - it's because of racism.
Set fire to a Federal Building repeatedly - it's because of racism.
Use lasers to blind police - it's because of racism.
Murder three people during the 'summer of love" - it's because of racism.
Minority on minority crime - it's because of racism.
Minority on minority murder - it's because of racism.
Loot Walmart so many times they permanently closed the store - it's because of racism.

Why did these people attack an Asian?
View attachment 301257

View attachment 301261

Racism of whites

No one is saying that ONLY whites can be racist. The argument is that systemic racism (in the west) can only be perpetrated within white systems.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No one is saying that ONLY whites can be racist. The argument is that systemic racism (in the west) can only be perpetrated within white systems.

Really - did you read what you wrote?

Name a country that has no "systematic racism" anywhere in the world.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,394.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Is this what causes your rage? (I am just curious.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,394.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Sure, but only one of them is the topic of that book and this thread.
I have not read the book so I really cannot comment on it. But, I was addressing your comment, not the book.

Upvote 0

SongOnTheWind

May 7, 2021
Croydon
✟26,712.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Or... "white rage" could simply be the natural human response to an all-out, concerted attack against white people from all sides (mostly black and unanimously left wing) - for supposed "crimes" they didn't commit, don't condone, and dare not deny.
We are all just playing into the devil's hands, aren't we? Us against them. That's not what Jesus sees when He looks at His body here on earth. By this we shall be known as His disciples: that we have love for one another.

But I'm sure it's much better to keep reinforcing the divide. It's all the other side's fault.

The devil has been tricking us into sinning since the garden of Eden. We as Christians should be the examples of having learnt not to play into his hands and helping him to fuel the fire.

Upvote 0

Eftsoon

Mar 26, 2021
London
✟55,992.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Really - did you read what you wrote?

Name a country that has no "systematic racism" anywhere in the world.

I didn't deny that systemic racism occurs elsewhere. I said that systemic racism in the west is the preserve of white people. Systemic racism is racism that is exercised through the state. This is not possible for ethnic minorities

One could also argue that this extends into other countries through such organisations as the IMF as well as the military campaigns.

Upvote 0