SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
White Nationalist Convicted of Beating Black Man At Charlottesville Rally
An Arkansas man has been convicted of malicious wounding for beating a black man during a white nationalist rally last year in Charlottesville, Va.

Jacob Scott Goodwin, 23, will be sentenced in August. The jury is recommending 10 years in prison and a $20,000 fine, local TV station NBC 29 reports.

On Aug. 12, 2017, the day of the Unite the Right rally, Goodwin was one of several white men who attacked DeAndre Harris, 20, surrounding him, kicking him and hitting him with poles as he lay curled on the ground in a parking garage. Harris was left with multiple injuries.

majj27

Mr. Owl has had quite enough
Jun 2, 2014
✟82,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
What's alarming is this sleazebag's lawyer tried to defend him by saying the mob kept hitting their victim because he kept trying to get up, and they were afraid of what he might do.
I had to keep assaulting him because he didn't like me assaulting him?

If that is your lawyer's best defense, you're SO boned.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Good. Finally some justice is being done.

The biggest injustice of all, however - Kessler being allowed to go back to Charlottesville and stir up trouble - is still ongoing. Hopefully that will be corrected too.
Ringo

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You know the deal. We can't take rights away from the bad people without losing them for ourselves. So long as he obeys the law, he's free to do as he wishes.

I'd keep a pretty close eye on him, though, if I were the police there.

Upvote 0