Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I'd prefer we tear down the racial divisions and instead oppose two things: Unwarranted Police brutality and Chaotic, violent, anarchist behaviors.

I see multiple races being unconstitutionally abused by police, and I see mutiple races destroying innocent businesses. Both must end.

Reactions: shortangel
Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'd prefer we tear down the racial divisions and instead oppose two things: Unwarranted Police brutality and Chaotic, violent, anarchist behaviors.
Those things are already opposed, even with racial divisions in place. In America, there is no limit on the multiple ways we can practice contempt.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Those things are already opposed, even with racial divisions in place. In America, there is no limit on the multiple ways we can practice contempt.

Not really. The media was silent on Lemp's murder. There's not been a single Duncan Lemp sign. There was no prosecution, or retribution for his death.... Have you even heard of Duncan Lemp?

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,618.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
SEE IT: Man beat up after chasing after protesters with machete (WARNING: GRAPHIC VIDEO)

Austen Holland on Twitter

I just joined the forum and I've been creating threads to learn more or to strengthen my faith in Jesus/God. And yet, i came across these news and wonder where is Jesus/God. Come on, why does God allow this to happen. It's absurd why evil still lurks so prominently if God is around.

His pocket got searched even when he was unconscious - worse than animals!!
The man attacked with a machete. He provoked the violent response. At least someones intervened to stop a killing. What exactly would you have God to do about stupid people? Lord Jesus has already bled and died for the sins of the world.

Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I heard he was trying to defend his business from getting destroyed. It would seem they provoked a violent response.
It wasn't his business, it was a bar he liked. I believe I also read said bar wasn't actually under any threat, the protesters were just in the area when he went after them.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
And yet, i came across these news and wonder where is Jesus/God. Come on, why does God allow this to happen. It's absurd why evil still lurks so prominently if God is around.
Of all the grand scale awful things that have and are taking place that I would think a caring deity would intervene to stop a nonfatal beating of a dummy does not really register.

Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Of all the grand scale awful things that have and are taking place that I would think a caring deity would intervene to stop a nonfatal beating of a dummy does not really register.
God created the world with the set of natural laws and rules so that it runs naturally without a need to instantly miraculously intervene. As you are not protected from gravity, you are also not protected from the violence of others.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
God created the world with the set of natural laws and rules so that it runs naturally without a need to instantly miraculously intervene. As you are not protected from gravity, you are also not protected from the violence of others.
...or anything else unless we invest our own effort almost as if we are on our own or something...

• Winner
Reactions: Aryeh Jay
Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
...or anything else unless we invest our own effort almost as if we are on our own or something...
We are on our own in the world God created.

Miracles are rare.

But everything that happens happens because it was the needed part of the best possible world. Every evil is limited by God to its necessary intensity and form, not a bit more.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
We are on our own in the world God created.

Miracles are rare.

But everything that happens happens because it was the needed part of the best possible world. Every evil is limited by God to its necessary intensity and form, not a bit more.

Wait, I thought your deity stayed out of things now it intervened in everything?

Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Wait, I thought your deity stayed out of things now it intervened in everything?
All things exist in Him, how can He stay out of it? We exist because He keeps the universe in existence, we exist, breathe and move in Him, as Scriptures say.

It does not mean that He will deny His laws of nature and supernaturally intervene in our lives everytime something bad happens. Some evils must happen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Not really. The media was silent on Lemp's murder. There's not been a single Duncan Lemp sign. There was no prosecution, or retribution for his death.... Have you even heard of Duncan Lemp?

The guy who booby-trapped his bedroom door?

Upvote 0