• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

'White Lives Matter' rallies flop as hardly anyone shows up

Discussion in 'Current News & Events (Articles Required)' started by tulc, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Under One King

Under One King Well-Known Member

+573
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Technology such as TV and the internet has harmed our society in so many ways it isn't funny.

2. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+18,246
    Christian
    Married
    I stopped voting Republican for various reasons, all of which have just gotten worse over the years as far as I can tell.
    ...I thought your point was people who claimed to be Independents but only pointed out bad things about Republicans were really Democrats, I don't claim to be Independent, I'm a Democrat. Have been since the Republican Party became what it is today. So if that was your point I'm not sure how I confirmed it. :scratch:
    tulc(is just sayn', part two)

3. BNR32FAN

BNR32FAN He’s a Way of life Supporter

+4,629
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    It’s hard to say, life isn’t always fair and things aren’t always what they seem and in these kind of situations POC often automatically chalk it up as racism. In the situation you described that person who was hired may have been hired because she was a family member or friend of someone in the management team, or she may have really impressed the interviewer, she could’ve been hired just because she was young and attractive, who knows? There’s probably hundreds of reasons why she may have gotten the job despite the other person having better experience and credentials. We can only speculate as to why she was actually hired. Look at the George Floyd incident for example, people are screaming racism, but there’s no evidence to support that. There were no reports of any racial slurs or comments during his arrest. There’s only one reason why people are calling it racism and that’s because of the color of officer Chauvin’s skin, which in itself is racism. He is being accused of racism solely based on the color of his skin. Is he guilty of killing George Floyd? Absolutely, but did he intentionally kill him because of the color of his skin? Well that wouldn’t make much sense since he’s been a police officer for 19 years and didn’t have a history of abusing POC. So POC are often guilty of claiming racism anytime something unexplainable happens in their life when in reality these things happen to everyone everyday and racism is not always the determining factor.

4. Dkh587

Dkh587 Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,700
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    You have much to learn - *if* you are interested in educating yourself on racism, then I can share 1 or 2 resources that may help with your understanding.

5. JimR-OCDS

JimR-OCDS God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love

+1,882
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    Perhaps a little for a while, but it may be that people are learning not to accept everything that is on TV or what they see in social media.

Perhaps skepticism is on the rise against stories which do nothing more than upset people ?

6. aiki

aiki Regular Member

+3,476
    Canada
    Baptist
    Married
    I am sufficiently educated on racism, thank you.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  7. Avniel

Avniel Doing my part each day by being the best me

+385
    Pentecostal
    Married
    US-Democrat
    I disagree,I think it just exposes more of what people are to untrusting to share with others. I think social media just tells the stories I heard in the barbershop growing, it’s just a wider audience then the community.

8. Avniel

+385
    Pentecostal
    Married
    US-Democrat
    No, the hiring supervisor actually said she wasn’t going to hire anymore black people. To make matters even more disrespectful she said this in front of two black people. She hired the other lady because she was white simply put, I was there when she said she was going to do it. I’m not speculating, I’m going off of statements and actions that match those statements.

I think it’s personal experiences with racism make it easy to see a situation and jump to racism. Most of my friends have more than one story dealing with racism. I will say this, majority of the racism I’ve encountered has always been from a lower income and poorly educated white individual. I typically do business in poorer communities, working with and training supervisor typically born and raised in the same communities. When I go home, i see my children playing and interacting with all sorts of children and people. I do believe that racism in America is a socioeconomic issue. The higher up the income the less racism, sexism and xenophobia and the more classism.

The same lady that would not hire the black woman because of her race would not be able to go to a neighborhood event in my community’s club house. If she did people would go out of their way to make her feel uncomfortable. Not because of her race or gender but because of her socioeconomic status and the environment she lived in growing up.

I think the poor whites are abnormally racist and the white people that have surpassed working middle class have a globally typical racist percentage.

9. Avniel

+385
    Pentecostal
    Married
    US-Democrat
    I agree I think that’s the problem with social media, that’s the problem with BLM. It’s exposing what people don’t want to see.

10. BNR32FAN

BNR32FAN He’s a Way of life Supporter

+4,629
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Well it sounds to me like the woman already hired some black people and she is trying to diversify her employees. I don’t know how many of each race works there but according to your quote if she said she doesn’t want to hire anymore blacks then it sounds like there are already blacks working for her. Now if she had said I don’t want to hire blacks anymore then yeah that is a racist statement but saying she doesn’t want to hire anymore blacks suggests that she has already hired blacks and quite possibly has hired more blacks than other races.

11. timothyu

timothyu Well-Known Member

+5,204
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    What if the victim of Chauvin had been Taliban or perhaps ISIS? Would peoples values suddenly change?

12. timothyu

+5,204
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    The real issue possibly being cop vs criminal regardless of skin tone?

13. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+18,246
    Christian
    Married
    What if it was Julie Andrews dressed as Mary Poppins on the ground and it was Walt Disney kneeling on her neck? Would that make a difference? We can imagine a lot of "what if's" and most of them would have different responses and different outcomes. In this case though there were very definite people doing very definite things and the out come of those things resulted in a mans death.
    tulc(just a thought)

14. JimR-OCDS

+1,882
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    BTW, I didn't realize that the practice of kneeling on an arrest suspects neck isn't as back as I had originally thought. It's actually a JuJitsu move.

In fact, looking at the Chauvin case, his weight is on the knee which is on the pavement, not the knee on Floyd's neck. The hold uses minimum force on the neck to keep the person contained until they can be taken into custardy. Should it be allowed ? I don't know I'm not a cop who has to deal with arresting powerful violent men like Floyd.

I do know from my experience years back of studying MA from a trainer who trained cops and prison guards, arrests of a violent person who is resisting, are never pretty to watch, especially for those of us who haven't even seen a fist fight since recess in the school yard.

15. Dkh587

Dkh587 Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,700
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    You’re welcome.

Most people would say they are, but most are usually not(I can tell based on your arguments), which is why I offered to share some resources.

16. JimR-OCDS

+1,882
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    When I went into the Marines at age 18, I thought racism was something only white people did.

Then when a group of blacks jumped me and beat me up outside the enlistedmen's club, calling me a white MF'r, I learned exactly what racism was.

FYI, they didn't rob me, just beat me up because I was white. This was a common occurrence in Okinawa in 1971.

17. timothyu

+5,204
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Just another form of outrage but the motives would be seen differently. It wasn't the act but who was involved. People are just as accepting of acts like this as they are of wars. It just depends who the opponent is.

18. timothyu

+5,204
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    I'm sure the turbulent movements back home at the time had some bearing on their attitudes. Most people are not self motivated.

19. East of Eden

East of Eden Active Member

+107
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    No I'm not.

I'd always hire the more qualified person, hard to tell many times.

20. JimR-OCDS

+1,882
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    So you're justifying their behavior ?

Yeah that's still happening today

However, when I got back to the US and stationed at Quantico VA, the attitudes were far different than when I served with the grunts.

As I learned, getting stationed at Quantico required high pro and con marks and minorities stationed there generally had some college and came from good families, unlike the grunts which had many who were given the choice of jail or the Marines. Those thugs intimidated other blacks into racist hatred toward whites.