• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

'White Lives Matter' rallies flop as hardly anyone shows up

Discussion in 'Current News & Events (Articles Required)' started by tulc, Apr 11, 2021.

1. East of Eden

East of Eden Active Member

+107
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    A tiny story made into a big story by the dishonest press.

2. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+18,247
    Christian
    Married
    Which is why they usually don't name their rallies like that, mostly they use dog whistle names so people can pretend they aren't attending a white supremist rally. You know, like "Unite The Right!".
    tulc(has missed grasping the after wind!) :clap:

3. East of Eden

+107
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    That's one heckuva conspiracy theory, up there with the Russia Hoax.

4. tulc

+18,247
    Christian
    Married
    I voted for Ronnie Reagan when he ran against President Ford in the primaries and then I voted for Ford in the election, and Reagan again both times he was elected. That was the last Republican I voted for.
    tulc(in case East of Eden was still curious)

5. tulc

+18,247
    Christian
    Married
    ...or it just makes sense that a lot of people don't mind being racist as long as other people don't know they're racist. It's hard to be the hero in your own story when people know stuff like that about you.
    tulc(is just sayn')

6. East of Eden

+107
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    They say it's a sign of insanity to know what other people are thinking, just sayin'.

7. East of Eden

+107
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    So you haven't voted GOP for POTUS in 37 years, thanks for confirming my point.

8. timothyu

timothyu Well-Known Member

+5,204
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    People often say racism instead of bigotry. Probably because bigotry need not address race but rather character.

9. Jaxxi

Jaxxi Well-Known Member

+545
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    We already know white lives matter as they are part of the term "All lives matter,". Whoever thought this problem was a Cop- black person thing was delusional. This is a " Cop- civilian" problem as I am as white as they come and have been harrassed by cops, propositioned, belittled, had them power trip on me, etc. and I have seen it. They put the uniform on and get cocky with anyone who is not a cop. A few years back I was at an internet cafe next to a Pizza hut at 1pm in the afternoon and it got raided military style with about 15 full tactical swat team officers, guns drawn, get on the ground , paddywagon, the whole 9 yards and they threw a 65 yr. Old grandmother who just had her knees replaced on the ground so brutally because she didnt speak English and she didnt understand the orders. She was unarmed, crying, it was totally unnecessary. I still remember her sitting there crying rubbing her bleeding knees. It was horrible while they strutted around us chewing gum acting cocky. We were on computers. We weren't criminals. The business might have been, but they seemed like a regular business.

10. timothyu

+5,204
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Welcome to the new authoritarian system of the global elite. No one to blame but ourselves for giving our freedoms away. Once again as all through history, bondage has returned and history repeats itself.

11. Avniel

Avniel Doing my part each day by being the best me

+385
    Pentecostal
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Possible, I would need to know other circumstances.

however let me ask this, what about a supervisor brave enough to openly say “I don’t want to hire anymore black people. Then you see two women, a black woman that had an internship from Nike, a college degree and letters of recommendation from people at corporate level vs a white woman that was a waiter and worked at Sonics as a cashier. The white lady gets hired. How should that be interpreted?

12. Avniel

+385
    Pentecostal
    Married
    US-Democrat
    I was stating that most black criminals are nonviolent drug offenders. A small portion of the community are involved in violent crimes. Take the largest gang bust in nyc history, there was 126 people arrested, in a community that had thousands. Most people just want to go home and enjoy their community, when you police a majority of the neighborhood as criminal you create distrust. When information is needed to stop crimes police typically target other criminals and not the people that live in the community, both have information. There are people in the community that have killed several people, there are gangs responsible for multiple murders if the police had the community’s support those violent crimes that a small portion of the community commits would be a lot lower, particularly in the inner cities.

I’m not talking about repeat offenders I’m saying there are killers that walk around freely killing people, until eventually the police catch them. Which would be shorter time and less dead bodies if the police behaved in a more professional manner.

It’s a cheap trip, you don’t even need a passport. You typically do not get upscale black people and you tend to deal with people that came from a disadvantaged socioeconomic level.

Why does a woman that behaves in that manner negatively affects the community image? Unless the belief is that black people all act and behave the same, which would have to be defined as racist. An individual should not affect the people that look like them, have the same race or gender, based on their individual behavior, that points to bias. The fact that her behavior does more damage than white supremacy is proof of white supremacy and racism in America.

My father is Jamaican and a MD. I have been to several countries that do not have the racial divide America does. America is one of the most racially self m-segregating industrialized nations in the world. There’s obvious a problem.

13. East of Eden

+107
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    We met a number of upscale black people there, who were probably just as appalled by the behavior of same as the locals were.

By bringing her race into a situation that wasn't remotely about race.

A beautiful place.

IMHO, the problem is race hustlers dividing people and fostering a victim mentality. Jews were every bit as discriminated against when they came here, why are they different today? Note one poll had race relations worse when Obama left office than when he began, despite non stop talking about race and catering to the Sharptons of the world. For Pete's sake, Obama's pastor who married him honored the rank racist Rev. Farrakhan.

One observation about slavery, if you go back far enough in history most people had slaves in their past, it was very common in the ancient world.

14. East of Eden

+107
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    It could be racism, or it could be a bad experience of a black employee terminated who then played the race card. There have been people terminated because they were Christians who believed in traditional marriage.

15. JustSomeBloke

JustSomeBloke Well-Known Member Supporter

+745
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    Thank you for describing your experiences.

I am a white British male living in the UK, and I can tell you that how I present myself has a radical effect on how people interact with me. A few examples:
    1. I've had my hair every length from a very short buzz cut all over, to well beyond shoulder length.
    2. I have worn a wide range of different clothing styles and head wear.
    3. I have driven a car that was almost 25 years old and looked rather beaten up, and I have also driven newer cars that looked OK.

Now, for how people react to me:
    1. My experience is that if I have my hair very short or longer than an average male, I'll be treated with suspicion in shops.
    2. How I dress also makes a difference, especially head wear. Certain styles of clothing and especially head wear always seem to attract more attention from shop staff.
    3. In terms of driving, I was frequently pulled over by the police when driving the old beaten up car, and never, or hardly ever, when driving nicer looking, newer cars. Also, when pulled over I was once asked my job/occupation (a question which I ignored, because it has zero relevance and is clearly prejudicial).

In my opinion, it's a prejudice thing. People reacted badly to my long hair or buzz cut. They reacted badly to my clothing and head wear. They reacted badly to my old, tatty car. Of course it's wrong to be prejudiced, but I think it's natural that the human eye is drawn to anything that looks odd, different, unusual, or out of place in the surroundings. The natural inclination to target people who look different has to be unlearned, but some people never make it that far. I don't think that necessarily makes them evil, they just haven't learned to control themselves yet.

I can also tell you that I live in a very multicultural city with large black and asian communities, and that if I go to some areas, then as a white person I am going to be intensely stared at. Not on the main streets, because there are other white people there, but certainly if I venture into the residential areas around the main streets then it will happen. One time I went into one of the small shops, and the reaction was like an alien had walked in. I don't go in those areas any more. Where I live is white majority, but there are plenty of non-white residents, and I'm sure that no one stares at non-whites like they don't belong there.

16. Michael Collum

Michael Collum Everything began with a voice, use yours Supporter

+5,303
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
  17. Avniel

+385
    Pentecostal
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Basically what you’re saying is it could be racism or it could be racism. Denying a more qualified individual based on an experience with a person(s) of the same race is racist.

Perhaps but deflection is an argument tactic.

18. Jaxxi

Jaxxi Well-Known Member

+545
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Sad to think it is only going to get worse. I have always found it wrong on their parts as well for amending the Constitution so much. I dont so much think that we gave our freedom away- as it was an illusion that we were free in the first place.

19. timothyu

+5,204
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Partial agreement but as shown recently we at least still could speak out without being censored or condemned. We have adapted quite well to being constantly monitored for 20 years though. We gave that freedom up to be protected from some enemy that seems to have disappeared and been replaced by a virus. Gotta keep the game from stagnating and finding some fresh way to unite us under someone else's flag..

20. Jaxxi

Jaxxi Well-Known Member

+545
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    That I will say is absolutely true. You mean our censorship as a society? Totally...yet at the same time, television is pushing the envelope so far with the things that are said, implied, and profanity. It shocks me sometimes. Like they will not use profanity but what is bring implied is of such adult nature that it is horrifying to think kids are watching.