White lives matter. Does the media notice?

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Nope, this is not another case where the Black Lives Matter crowd will go out and protest by throwing rocks and bottles while chanting "Hands up, don't shoot". If all lives mattered, they probably would. But now we have a case where black police officers shoot a white unarmed man and his son (an autistic boy who was only 6 years old) while the man has his hands up. In the news story, there is no mention of the skin color of either the driver and his son, nor the skin color of the police officers.

It's not a case of "White police officer shoots unarmed black man", so it doesn't matter. Or does it? Yes! Because white lives matter too, even if the mainstream media only feels a duty to report a person's skin color when it's a black person being shot by a white person.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/video-showing-police-shooting-louisiana-boy-released/story?id=42452873

Last edited:

The~Scribe

Formally known as Neo
May 7, 2008
California
✟15,447.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your own link discredits your argument. It clearly says:

"Derrick Stafford, a Marksville police lieutenant, and Norris Greenhouse Jr., a former Marksville police officer, were charged with second-degree murder and attempted second-degree murder for the shooting. The two men were moonlighting as deputy city marshals that night, according to the AP."

The body cameras that BLM pushed for actually did what activists hoped for in this case; they clearly displayed the officers doing something wrong and now the law is putting them on trial. The head of police has even condemned them. God willing, justice will be done.

If I'm reading the article right, they didn't even know the kid was in the car. That doesn't excuse the shooting after they'd already stopped the high speed chase, but this makes your connection to BLM even less strong. Protesters are fighting against the deliberate and unwarranted shooting of black people by the police, this was a poor kid caught in the crossfire thanks to a criminal father and trigger happy officers.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Your own link discredits your argument. It clearly says:

"Derrick Stafford, a Marksville police lieutenant, and Norris Greenhouse Jr., a former Marksville police officer, were charged with second-degree murder and attempted second-degree murder for the shooting. The two men were moonlighting as deputy city marshals that night, according to the AP."

The body cameras that BLM pushed for actually did what activists hoped for in this case; they clearly displayed the officers doing something wrong and now the law is putting them on trial. The head of police has even condemned them. God willing, justice will be done.

If I'm reading the article right, they didn't even know the kid was in the car. That doesn't excuse the shooting after they'd already stopped the high speed chase, but this makes your connection to BLM even less strong. Protesters are fighting against the deliberate and unwarranted shooting of black people by the police, this was a poor kid caught in the crossfire thanks to a criminal father and trigger happy officers.

Did you actually read what I wrote? I was pointing out how the BLM people don't seem to care much that a white man was shot and killed by black police officers. It's as if only black lives matter to them (and the media who stoke the flames by referring to those involved by their skin color when it's a black person who is shot). I pointed out that the mainstream media refers to peoples' skin color when it's a black person shot by a white officer, but not the other way around. As for what you quoted from the link--it doesn't say one thing that contradicts what I said.

Reactions: MrsBrit
Upvote 0

VanillaSunflowers

Black Lives Don't Matter More Than Any Other Life
Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
God have mercy on father and child. And bring justice to their murderers. Amen.

Did you actually read what I wrote? I was pointing out how the BLM people don't seem to care much that a white man was shot and killed by black police officers. It's as if only black lives matter to them (and the media who stoke the flames by referring to those involved by their skin color when it's a black person who is shot). I pointed out that the mainstream media refers to peoples' skin color when it's a black person shot by a white officer, but not the other way around. As for what you quoted from the link--it doesn't say one thing that contradicts what I said.
It is a fact that only black lives matter to BLM. Hence the acronym that informs as much;BLM=BLACK Lives Matter. This is further proven by the fact that one of their members stated, without being corrected by the official founders of BLM, that to say ALL lives matter is racist!

BLM isn't about black lives. They're about starting a race war, instigating blacks to risk their lives in riots, and killing of police of all colors. They're a terrorist entity. Read their website and their points that they stand for. They're immoral , corrupt, criminal, terroristic, and racist!

• Agree
Reactions: MrsBrit
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
BLM isn't about black lives. They're about starting a race war, instigating blacks to risk their lives in riots, and killing of police of all colors. They're a terrorist entity. Read their website and their points that they stand for. They're immoral , corrupt, criminal, terroristic, and racist!

Absolutely correct! On their own site, they say "It is a tactic to (re)build the Black liberation movement." http://blacklivesmatter.com/

Upvote 0

VanillaSunflowers

Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
This is the kind of virus BLM spreads. This video has been confirmed as authentic. The black racist at the table confronting the white speaker is a BLM member.
Just listen to the last part of this black racists remarks concerning the suicide of the white speaker. BLM is a virus.

BLM activist advocates white genocide at Harvard

Upvote 0

VanillaSunflowers

Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
BLM's official site

Guiding Principles
We Affirm that All Black Lives Matter

Black Lives Matter is an ideological and political intervention in a world where Black lives are systematically and intentionally targeted for demise. It is an affirmation of Black folks’ contributions to this society, our humanity, and our resilience in the face of deadly oppression.

Just an example under the tile: BLACK VILLAGES
We are committed to disrupting the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, and especially “our” children to the degree that mothers, parents and children are comfortable.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This is the kind of virus BLM spreads. This video has been confirmed as authentic. The black racist at the table confronting the white speaker is a BLM member.
Just listen to the last part of this black racists remarks concerning the suicide of the white speaker. BLM is a virus.

BLM activist advocates white genocide at Harvard

I expect to see this guy on the news after he goes on a shooting rampage.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟731,357.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
God have mercy on father and child. And bring justice to their murderers. Amen.

It is a fact that only black lives matter to BLM. Hence the acronym that informs as much;BLM=BLACK Lives Matter. This is further proven by the fact that one of their members stated, without being corrected by the official founders of BLM, that to say ALL lives matter is racist!

(staff edit)

Nobody is starting a race war and I would like you to quote a passage from their website that is immoral (besides demonizing LGBT), corrupt, criminal, terroristic, or racist. Why have you not quoted such already? To say ALL lives matter in response to black lives matter is racist because it discounts the previous statement black lives matter. That's like saying diabetes matters and you say well what about cancer? Cancer matters.

(staff edit)

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Just because you are ashamed of your black heritage doesn't mean others can't fight for the safety and security of black lives from racist police officers who kill with impunity. Nobody is starting a race war and I would like you to quote a passage from their website that is immoral (besides demonizing LGBT), corrupt, criminal, terroristic, or racist. Why have you not quoted such already? To say ALL lives matter in response to black lives matter is racist because it discounts the previous statement black lives matter. That's like saying diabetes matters and you say well what about cancer? Cancer matters. Have some pride

Pride? Is THIS what you call having pride? Sounds more like hatred to me. Watch this video from 3:39 to 4:22 for the best part. Americans treating each other this way based on skin color doesn't look much like pride.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟731,357.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Nope, this is not another case where the Black Lives Matter crowd will go out and protest by throwing rocks and bottles while chanting "Hands up, don't shoot". If all lives mattered, they probably would. But now we have a case where black police officers shoot a white unarmed man and his son (an autistic boy who was only 6 years old) while the man has his hands up. In the news story, there is no mention of the skin color of either the driver and his son, nor the skin color of the police officers.

It's not a case of "White police officer shoots unarmed black man", so it doesn't matter. Or does it? Yes! Because white lives matter too, even if the mainstream media only feels a duty to report a person's skin color when it's a black person being shot by a white person.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/video-showing-police-shooting-louisiana-boy-released/story?id=42452873

So similar to what BLMis fighting for, these police officers will not be charged with any crime right? Wrong, these police officers were charges with homicide immediately. Do the same for black people and there will be no need for Black Lives Matters

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So similar to what BLMis fighting for, these police officers will not be charged with any crime right? Wrong, these police officers were charges with homicide immediately. Do the same for black people and there will be no need for Black Lives Matters

So now you're going to try to turn a case where black cops shoot 2 white unarmed people and get arrested for it into a racist matter against black people? Wow.
BTW, the white female officer who shot the guy who was walking back to his vehicle while ignoring commands WAS arrested. But let me guess--it wasn't fast enough for you. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...t-degree-manslaughter/?utm_term=.a5646e4bd80d

Upvote 0

VanillaSunflowers

Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Pride? Is THIS what you call having pride? Sounds more like hatred to me. Watch this video from 3:39 to 4:22 for the best part. Americans treating each other this way based on skin color doesn't look much like pride.

They sound just like the BLM race baiting hate mongers. Reason doesn't reach that. If BLM'd to BLM, they wouldn't incite blacks to riot against police. They'd have pride and march against blacks slaughtering blacks in Chicago and elsewhere.

I'm black and ashamed that BLM would be affiliated with me because of the color of my skin. BLM are hate mongers. And their rhetoric is like a virus. Just listen to what their supporters screed against blacks that aren't on board with the racist rhetoric and race baiting tactics. They're all over YouTube. And likely in a city near you. :(

I am proud to be black! And Lakota too! And condemn BLM as everything the black community has striven to oppose as the black stereotype that has been manufactured by racists and race baiters in our own communities, to suppress our liberation since the Civil Rights movement began.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟731,357.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
First of all, these people are not representatives of the Black Lives Matters movement. They are not members of the organization. Second of all. All lives matter IS inherently racist, this man knew that, and he went to a place where he knew he would get the worst reaction. It does not excuse the people that did not allow him to peacefully protest, however, this was not a response from the Black Lives Matters Movement and this was done on purpose to provoke the reaction he got.

• Agree
Reactions: J Cord
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟731,357.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
So now you're going to try to turn a case where black cops shoot 2 white unarmed people and get arrested for it into a racist matter against black people? Wow.
BTW, the white female officer who shot the guy who was walking back to his vehicle while ignoring commands WAS arrested. But let me guess--it wasn't fast enough for you. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...t-degree-manslaughter/?utm_term=.a5646e4bd80d

I don't care what the race of the cops were. Black Lives Matters wants the same treatment. Unarmed and shot without provocation-go to jail. Why is it wrong to want the same treatment for black people?

• Agree
Reactions: J Cord
Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Personally, I am still unsure how I feel about the BLM movement. On one hand, police brutality, mistreatment, and profiling of African Americans, as well as institutional racism, is a very real and serious issue that needs to be addressed in our criminal justice system. This is what institutional racism is: Crack and cocaine are essentially the same drug, crack is cooked, slightly more potent and powerful, and is also cheaper and more commonly used by blacks. Cocaine is more expensive and used by whites. The minimum sentence for 1 gram of crack is the same for 100 grams of cocaine. That's what people are talking about when they say institutional racism. It doesn't matter whether or not the purpose was, it's become something where different socioeconomic status and races are treated differently in the law. Things that like and "DWB" is a thing need to be addressed, the BLM seems to have more questionable actions than not.

On the other hand, rioting doesn't bring anyone to support your cause, neither does blocking freeways, calling the rioters to go destroy the white suburbs (that's just pure racism), calling for the murder of cops, etc. I even saw a video of two black men jump someone holding a sign that simply read "All lives matter" (I honestly don't understand how is racist). Now there are BLM chapters like the one in Wichita that had a barbecue with the police, however, this was condemned by at least one other BLM chapter. To my knowledge, the Black Lives Matter movement doesn't really have national organization, it was just another city's Black Lives Matter people saying they didn't support that. I know not everyone in the Black Lives Matter movement is a racist, cop hater, or whatever you want to say, but from what I have seen there seems to be a disproportionate amount of them in there.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
First of all, these people are not representatives of the Black Lives Matters movement. They are not members of the organization. Second of all. All lives matter IS inherently racist, this man knew that, and he went to a place where he knew he would get the worst reaction. It does not excuse the people that did not allow him to peacefully protest, however, this was not a response from the Black Lives Matters Movement and this was done on purpose to provoke the reaction he got.

So all lives apparently don't matter. And why should he be getting negative reaction at all, especially from black people. Aren't they being racist by getting violent when someone suggests that there are lives that matter beyond those who have black skin?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't care what the race of the cops were. Black Lives Matters wants the same treatment. Unarmed and shot without provocation-go to jail. Why is it wrong to want the same treatment for black people?

The BLM folks want the cops to go to jail even before any investigation is done and before all evidence is released. They see part of a video, and then they're out in the streets burning down businesses.

• Agree
Reactions: PastorBen
Upvote 0