White House Will 'Look Into' Fox News' Decision to Stop Broadcasting Trump Rallies

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
That's a new one on me, but I'm getting the idea that the approach is to throw whatever sounds awful at the President and see if someone believes it.

I do recall a Mexican construction company bidding for the border wall contract...

Besides, Mexico is still going to pay for it, right?

Upvote 0

Willie T

St. Petersburg Vineyard
Oct 12, 2012
St. Petersburg, FL
✟68,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He never said that the Mexicans were going to build it. He did, however, say on a number of occasions that he would get them to pay for it... which... lolol
And with this latest new trade agreement, Mexico just might already be doing that very thing.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There's a classic Simpsons episode where everyone in Springfield gets in touch with their inner child by acting like Bart, which actually prompts Bart to behave well. The idea is that when everyone else is acting up, it suddenly doesn't make you stand out to play pranks and say rude things to people.

That's what's happening here. Donny's act was new a few years ago. But he never says anything new or insightful (ha ha) in his rallies; it's the same old "tremendous/yuuuge/sad/"believe me" braggadocio each time, and the carnival barker act may finally be getting old.

Good.
Ringo

• Agree
Reactions: Allandavid
Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
And with this latest new trade agreement, Mexico just might already be doing that very thing.

Or unicorns, because having read through the new trade agreement, there's as much evidence of Mexico paying for the wall as there is for unicorns.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I do recall a Mexican construction company bidding for the border wall contract...

Besides, Mexico is still going to pay for it, right?

Or unicorns, because having read through the new trade agreement, there's as much evidence of Mexico paying for the wall as there is for unicorns.

Why do you not get that entire spiel was to troll the media into giving the topic coverage and air time? Look at how much it gets discussed. Then when people tell Trump it isn't going to happen, he responds the wall just got 10 feet higher. And... they start talking about it again.

Maybe he can pull it off. Personally I never really cared if he did. I just want the wall.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟838,198.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I was referring to the claim that 'the Mexicans were going to build a wall.' That is why I quoted the statement and also put it in bold print in the post above.
Where else would the workers come from?

Reactions: Albion
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,945.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Albion said:
I was referring to the claim that 'the Mexicans were going to build a wall.' That is why I quoted the statement and also put it in bold print in the post above.

Well, given the much documented evidence that Trump failed to pay contractors for work done on his buildings numerous times, it is certainly possible that if Mexicans build the wall they might not receive their legitimately earned salaries :(

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,396.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Why do you not get that entire spiel was to troll the media into giving the topic coverage and air time? Look at how much it gets discussed. Then when people tell Trump it isn't going to happen, he responds the wall just got 10 feet higher. And... they start talking about it again.

Yes, I think most people know he was lying about this (and many other things). The weird part is, some people still voted for him despite it.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Where do you want the wall when the border is in the middle of the Rio Grande?

Well for obvious reasons such as the ability to repair, maintain, and sovereignty the wall has to be on US soil. By putting a barrier directly on a border (or property line) the individuals on the other side have direct access to that barrier while still in their own land/property. By offsetting it away form the actual boarder by 6 or so feet, the wall will be on US soil, and fully under the sovereignty of the US. This also gives room for actions to occur on US land in front of the wall. Including construction, repair, and enforcement.

If no room is given in front of the Wall then others can legally occupy and undermine that space, being that it is on their soil. But by creating a small but actionable buffer an individual would already have to have illegally entered the US to be at the face of the wall in the first place.

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Well for obvious reasons such as the ability to repair, maintain, and sovereignty the wall has to be on US soil. By putting a barrier directly on a border (or property line) the individuals on the other side have direct access to that barrier while still in their own land/property. By offsetting it away form the actual boarder by 6 or so feet, the wall will be on US soil, and fully under the sovereignty of the US. This also gives room for actions to occur on US land in front of the wall. Including construction, repair, and enforcement.

If no room is given in front of the Wall then others can legally occupy and undermine that space, being that it is on their soil. But by creating a small but actionable buffer an individual would already have to have illegally entered the US to be at the face of the wall in the first place.
It would make an interesting challenge when it comes to water usage.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟838,198.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Any barrier would be on US soil no man's land on the other side (and in US territory). trump would have guns and cameras for guard at the top of the wall. There would be a court house and a holding facility on the other side, to hold folks pending trial or deportation.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟819,215.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Donald's going to have to do something new in order to stay relevant... one would think, as an entertainer, he would already know this.
Maybe he's gonna go out on the street and shoot someone to see if his boast will bring up his ratings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Maybe he's gonna go out on the street and shoot someone to see if his boast will bring up his ratings.

If it's a mime, it'll be a public service...

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It would make an interesting challenge when it comes to water usage.

Well, water usage has absolutely nothing to do with immigration control or strengthening borders. I think such conflations are a problem in current politics. A wall, has absolutely zero to do with water rights and are entirely separate issues. Both should be addressed as separate issues as well.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,716.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Well, water usage has absolutely nothing to do with immigration control or strengthening borders. I think such conflations are a problem in current politics. A wall, has absolutely zero to do with water rights and are entirely separate issues. Both should be addressed as separate issues as well.
A concrete monstrosity on the boarder would absolutely impact water rights as it would change how water flows across the boarder likely in violation of preexisting treaties.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
A concrete monstrosity on the boarder would absolutely impact water rights as it would change how water flows across the boarder likely in violation of preexisting treaties.

Were not building the great wall of China here. Not only is it permeable, allowing runoff/rainwater, the IBWC only deals with the rio grand itself, and not ground water from the American side.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,716.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Were not building the great wall of China here.

As yet nothing is being built and the erratic nature of the current administration leaves all details up in the air.

Upvote 0