Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
President Joe Biden’s administration is refusing to address why it’s focusing efforts on arresting pro-life activists amid national outcry over dozens of attacks on pro-life centers and churches.

At least 86 Catholic churches and 74 pregnancy resource centers and pro-life organizations have been attacked since the May leak of the draft Supreme Court opinion overturning Roe v. Wade, according to a Catholic Vote tracker. Many of these buildings have been vandalized with threats such as “If abortions aren’t safe, neither are you.”

The FBI has said that it’s investigating attacks targeting “pregnancy resource centers, faith-based organizations, and reproductive health clinics across the country” as “potential acts of domestic violent extremism, [Freedom of Access to Clinic Entrances Act] violations, or violent crime matters,” but the bureau has apparently not arrested anyone in connection with the attacks on pro-life centers and churches.

Meanwhile, the Justice Department has charged at least 13 individuals with violations of the FACE Act since the beginning of October. Those includes Mark Houck, a pro-life activist and Catholic father of 11 accused of pushing a pro-abortion volunteer while praying outside an abortion clinic. Houck has said the volunteer was harassing his son.

White House Won't Address Arrests Amid Attacks on Pro-Life Centers

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟7,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Manufactured outrage. Houck was arrested for assaulting an old man, not for being “pro-life”. You don’t get a Get Out of Jail Free card because you use your faith to harass and assault people.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Manufactured outrage. Houck was arrested for assaulting an old man, not for being “pro-life”. You don’t get a Get Out of Jail Free card because you use your faith to harass and assault people.
Even if that is correct which is certainly open to debate, what about all the other people who have been arrested for that charge and where are any arrests for the damage to pro life facilities.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟820,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Even if that is correct which is certainly open to debate, what about all the other people who have been arrested for that charge and where are any arrests for the damage to pro life facilities.

It's much easier to arrest people who are openly committing crimes on the sidewalk, than vandals who spraypaint things in the dead of night.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟7,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
All what other people? If they have been arrested for assault or for breaking FACE laws, then it is self-explanatory.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟248,706.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

This is just a shot in the dark here, but if anyone had damaged pro life facilities during the day, while they were open, occupied the premises, broadcast that they were going to break federal law on social media prior to the event and live streamed their actions while they were doing it then they might have been arrested as well.

What do you think?

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
President Joe Biden’s administration is refusing to address why it’s focusing efforts on arresting pro-life activists amid national outcry over dozens of attacks on pro-life centers and churches.

At least 86 Catholic churches and 74 pregnancy resource centers and pro-life organizations have been attacked since the May leak of the draft Supreme Court opinion overturning Roe v. Wade, according to a Catholic Vote tracker. Many of these buildings have been vandalized with threats such as “If abortions aren’t safe, neither are you.”

The FBI has said that it’s investigating attacks targeting “pregnancy resource centers, faith-based organizations, and reproductive health clinics across the country” as “potential acts of domestic violent extremism, [Freedom of Access to Clinic Entrances Act] violations, or violent crime matters,” but the bureau has apparently not arrested anyone in connection with the attacks on pro-life centers and churches.

Meanwhile, the Justice Department has charged at least 13 individuals with violations of the FACE Act since the beginning of October. Those includes Mark Houck, a pro-life activist and Catholic father of 11 accused of pushing a pro-abortion volunteer while praying outside an abortion clinic. Houck has said the volunteer was harassing his son.

Because the FBI is acting as Bidens hit squad.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟248,706.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

So I guess that this mystery memo to the FBI instructing them to act as a defacto 'hit squad' has been rubber stamped by every president since Clinton. Were they acting as Bush's hit squad during his admin when those breaking the FACE act were caught and convicted?

If Biden had put this act on the books and there was even a scintilla of evidence that the FBI were following a political directive then you might have a point.

But he didn't, they aren't and you don't.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is just a shot in the dark here, but if anyone had damaged pro life facilities during the day, while they were open, occupied the premises, broadcast that they were going to break federal law on social media prior to the event and live streamed their actions while they were doing it then they might have been arrested as well.

What do you think?
That makes the FBI look very incompetent if they have to have all of the conditions you have listed before they can enforce the law. I always thought law enforcement was a 24 7 obligation I had no idea that the FBI could only makes arrests if the crime was "during the day, while they were open, occupied the premises, broadcast that they were going to break federal law on social media prior to the event and live streamed their actions while they were doing it."

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟7,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is a nutso theory. It’s been weird seeing how the right has come to demonize the FBI over the course of the former guy’s rise and fall.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟148,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That is a nutso theory. It’s been weird seeing how the right has come to demonize the FBI over the course of the former guy’s rise and fall.
It's the collective narcissism of a cult. Everything and everyone else is corrupt, not the actual corrupt actor (leader).

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why do you think everything is about trump?
It's a common sense observation that Biden is targeting conservatives.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟7,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Trump spent his time in office and since demonizing the FBI. Way too many right-wingers adopt his grievances as their own.
No, it is just a combination of projection and inability to accept personal responsibility. These people brazenly broke the law to make a statement. Why so surprised at being arrested for it?

Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟254,230.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
It’s a common sense observation that Biden is not targeting conservatives.

Your turn…

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟242,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Says who?

Me! I'm a centrist. I want a balance of conservatives and liberals, Republicans and Democrats in office. Then Trump came in and messed it all up. Why is the media out to get him and his loyal followers? It's not because he's a conservative Republican. He's not conservative. It's because of the constant stream of mistruths and nutty conspiracy theories. Trump hogs all the attention. He makes people look at him and what he's doing. He's changed the Republican party into something very different, and the actual conservative Republicans have to either go along with him or risk losing their jobs. And even if they go along with him, they're at high risk of being thrown under the bus by Trump sooner or later.

I want my conservatives back, because I don't want to just keep voting for liberal Democrats all the time. But I'll always vote against Trump and his loyalists.

You seem to think that the FBI is after conservatives, just because they've been going after Trump and his loyalists. No. The Trump crowd likes to stir up trouble, and so they get much more attention.

As for this case with arresting pro-lifers, I'm all for arresting the people attacking pro-life organizations too. If we can find them. The pro-lifers in this case are making themselves easy targets for arrest, so you can hardly fault the authorities for hauling them in.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Me! I'm a centrist. I want a balance of conservatives and liberals, Republicans and Democrats in office. Then Trump came in and messed it all up. Why is the media out to get him and his loyal followers? It's not because he's a conservative Republican. He's not conservative. It's because of the constant stream of mistruths and nutty conspiracy theories. Trump hogs all the attention. He makes people look at him and what he's doing. He's changed the Republican party into something very different, and the actual conservative Republicans have to either go along with him or risk losing their jobs. And even if they go along with him, they're at high risk of being thrown under the bus by Trump sooner or later.

I want my conservatives back, because I don't want to just keep voting for liberal Democrats all the time. But I'll always vote against Trump and his loyalists.

You seem to think that the FBI is after conservatives, just because they've been going after Trump and his loyalists. No. The Trump crowd likes to stir up trouble, and so they get much more attention.

As for this case with arresting pro-lifers, I'm all for arresting the people attacking pro-life organizations too. If we can find them. The pro-lifers in this case are making themselves easy targets for arrest, so you can hardly fault the authorities for hauling them in.
Why did the FBI waste tons of money and time going after Trump?

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟242,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Why did the FBI waste tons of money and time going after Trump?

Because Trump has been involved in activity that might very well be criminal in nature. Most recently, there's the problem of the documents he took out of the White House after he left office, in violation of at least one law and likely several others.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟449,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Not one word. Not one Jane's Revenge terrorist arrested, last I read.

Upvote 0