White House held a meeting that was "off the record" with reporters from 14 MSM hires

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
So, because Obama didn't "end the Iraq war immediately upon becoming president, it puts the Benghazi post-fact lie about the events surrounding the deaths of 4 dead soldiers with the pre-war lie of WMDs which was used as grounds for war and led to thousands of deaths?

Both lies led to thousands of deaths. What's so hard to understand about that?

Upvote 0

JCSr

Gunshine State
Sep 6, 2012
✟11,486.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Sure, if you put lying about what happened after the fact when 4 Americans were killed on equal footing with lying as justification for war in which thousands were killed.
Amazing isn't it that they equate an attack killing four people to a full out military invasion which killed thousands of American soldiers and tens of thousands of Iraq people including innocent women and children.

Even more amazing it is to look past the president responsible for a war and blaming another president for not ending it the day he entered office.

Upvote 0

JCSr

Gunshine State
Sep 6, 2012
✟11,486.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Both lies led to thousands of deaths. What's so hard to understand about that?
The thought process over equating a lie which gets us into a war to a failure to not get us out fast enough because he was running a timeline set forth by the initial liar. Bush kept soldiers in Iraq for years, while withdraw of Iraqi troops began 5 or 6 months after Obama became President. Not fast enough for you, was it, so you call it a lie. That is disingenuous.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟7,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You mean the same war that Obama swore he would end as soon as he became president and didn't?
Are you saying that Obama promised to end the Iraq war immediately upon assuming office, that he would start evacuating troops on Jan 19?

Do you remember the protests all over the world to get him to keep his promise? I don't either.
Do you remember that he actually did end the Iraq war according to the timeline set forth?

The democrats only cared about the thousands who died in those wars when a republican was running the war.
You don't remember Vietnam then?

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟79,109.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are you saying that Obama promised to end the Iraq war immediately upon assuming office, that he would start evacuating troops on Jan 19?

Do you remember that he actually did end the Iraq war according to the timeline set forth?

That's what he said
You can take that to the bank

Upvote 0

JCSr

Gunshine State
Sep 6, 2012
✟11,486.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat

They have to take him literally because understanding that it takes time to draw down and withdraw from a war does not support the feigned outrage.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟79,109.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They have to take him literally because understanding that it takes time to draw down and withdraw from a war does not support the feigned outrage.
When he said it was the first thing he would do and we could take that to the bank, he sure seemed to be speaking literally

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,129.00
Faith
Atheist
Oh ya, nothing means 'literal' more than saying 'you could take that to the bank'.

LOL

I know i was outraged. When Obama said "i can take it to the bank", i went to the bank, and they didn't accept his word as currency. That was when i knew this administration was the worst ever.

Reactions: JCSr
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JCSr

Gunshine State
Sep 6, 2012
✟11,486.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
I know i was outraged. When Obama said "i can take it to the bank", i went to the bank, and they didn't accept his word as currency. That was when i knew this administration was the worst ever.

Literally! :D

I wonder if Machzer0 also went to the bank and told them Obama was pulling out of Iraq on day 1?

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The thought process over equating a lie which gets us into a war to a failure to not get us out fast enough because he was running a timeline set forth by the initial liar. Bush kept soldiers in Iraq for years, while withdraw of Iraqi troops began 5 or 6 months after Obama became President. Not fast enough for you, was it, so you call it a lie. That is disingenuous.

This is hilarious, there is no reason he had to follow his predecessors plans.

He didn't need congress, he went into libya with zero oversight so there was nothing stopping him from pulling us out of Iraq.

Saying, "LAWL he's just doing what the loser before him put forward" isn't an excuse for not keeping your promise.

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
That's what he said he would do.

Which isn't what he said he would do.

Are we pretending that the parties of today are like the parties of the vietnam era?

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,129.00
Faith
Atheist
This is hilarious, there is no reason he had to follow his predecessors plans.

He didn't need congress, he went into libya with zero oversight so there was nothing stopping him from pulling us out of Iraq.

Saying, "LAWL he's just doing what the loser before him put forward" isn't an excuse for not keeping your promise.

Other than the logistics of pulling out 100,000 (not sure of the exact # at the time) troops. Generally speaking, planning for something like that doesn't happen in a day, or even a couple of weeks.

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Because when he said, "If we aren't out of the Iraq war it's the first thing I'll do" really meant, "I"m going to do what the guy who got us into the war in the first place wanted to do".... funny nobody at the time thought that's what he meant.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JCSr

Gunshine State
Sep 6, 2012
✟11,486.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Because when he said, "If we aren't out of the Iraq war it's the first thing I'll do" really meant, "I"m going to do what the guy who got us into the war in the first place wanted to do".... funny nobody at the time thought that's what he meant.
And what did the bank say when you went there and told them the first thing Obama was going to do is get out of Iraq?

LAWL

Sorry, this is a rather small and feeble attempt to say Obama lied, and I cannot believe you continue to push it.

the semantics.

Upvote 0

JCSr

Gunshine State
Sep 6, 2012
✟11,486.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Other than the logistics of pulling out 100,000 (not sure of the exact # at the time) troops. Generally speaking, planning for something like that doesn't happen in a day, or even a couple of weeks.
One day we are told Obama deserves no credit because he went on Bush's withdraw timeline, and the next he is trashed because he used Bush's timeline.

There is no pleasing some.

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
And what did the bank say when you went there and told them the first thing Obama was going to do is get out of Iraq?
Bank? I believe you are very very confused.

Sorry, this is a rather small and feeble attempt to say Obama lied, and I cannot believe you continue to push it.
So when obama said he would get our troops out first thing he did you took that as saying that he meant he would do it when bush wanted it done?

Upvote 0

JCSr

Gunshine State
Sep 6, 2012
✟11,486.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Bank? I believe you are very very confused.

:D Sorry that joke went right past you. How did you miss it after reading the last few posts?

So when obama said he would get our troops out first thing he did you took that as saying that he meant he would do it when bush wanted it done?
Actually, I went to the bank and they told me that Obama should follow Bush's timeline ;)

Upvote 0