White guys don’t take the loss of power well, do they?

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
pitts

『For most of the 242 years of our national life, one thing has always been predictable as a children’s movie and dependable as the floor beneath your feet. White men will always be represented in, and in fact, will dominate, any room where power and authority are wielded.

But the times, they are a’changing. Women, people of color, religious minorities and others have slowly forced their way into those rooms. Additionally, there is the demographic fact that white preponderance — and, thus, unchallenged white prerogative — are shrinking.

If many fair-minded white Americans embrace this or at least accept it, many others regard it with a panic that can only be called apocalyptic. That, more than any other single factor, explains what happened in November of 2016.

It explains the defiantly monochromatic nature of Trump’s White House that, in group photos, could easily be mistaken for Eisenhower’s. And it explains the indignation of Johnson’s source.

Unfortunately for that person, and notwithstanding the angry aberration of Trump, the coming demographic shift will not be gainsaid or denied. Nor will people who have made their way into those rooms quietly submit to eviction. At some point, if only for their own political survival, those who are threatened by all this will have to quit denying it. They will have to deal with it.』

White guys don’t take the loss of power well, do they?

I don't care if people are; white, male, female, green, purple or black. Once people are accustomed to power, no one gives it up without a fight.

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Trump got elected because he was smarter, and more compelling than Hillary, at least at running a presidential campaign.
I disagree.
Trump won because of fewer known/acknowledged negatives.
Hillary could have been the only candidate so universally disliked that Trump would be the lesser evil.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I disagree.
Hillary could have been the only candidate so universally disliked that Trump would be the lesser evil.

This past election was mostly about pushing back against elitist politicians. This was brewing for a while and it flew over most people's heads.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I'm not so sure. I mean, yeah, there was pretty high black voter turnout in the Alabama special election but we'll need to see if that's a national trend or not.
Well, all you're saying there is that blacks continue to vote Democratic. And they do so, mainly because of their history of doing so.

That's not what was said in the post you are replying to; there it was said that the present administration has done more for blacks than the previous one did in eight years...and that's certainly true, regardless of how African Americans vote.

• Agree
Reactions: dmmesdale
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I disagree.
Still, she could easily have won, even with all that baggage, IF she had campaigned (or if Trump had not been such an effective campaigner himself, or a combination of the two).

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
The left looking for ammunition to call the white man a racist. Don't fall for it.

Paul said we are not ignorant to the devices of Satan, neither are we ignorant to the devices of the left.

Are you implying that Satan is of the right? Your post certainly implies that.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, all you're saying there is that blacks continue to vote Democratic. And they do so, mainly because of their history of doing so.

That's not what was said in the post you are replying to; there it was said that the present administration has done more for blacks than the previous one did in eight years...and that's certainly true, regardless of how African Americans vote.
And that is a crock. Black unemployment is lower because of a long stretch of economic growth after the recession bottomed out. Another factor is that more Blacks have been getting formal education and training past high school, a trend that conservatives will try to staunch (for all Americans) due to longstanding conservative antipathy for higher education.

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I'm a white republican who despises racism. My late husband and I were raised with no racial prejudice. I was embarrassed by the way some whites treated black people when I went to segregated schools.

I'm a Sith Lord and Space Tyrant who is the figurehead of a galactic Empire, and an excellent dancer.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Yeah, if you ignore the 230 year tradition of white guys leading the country that was broken with the last administration.

Aside from lowering taxes for Kanye West and Jay-Z, what exactly has Trump done for the Black Community?

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,824.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Well, all you're saying there is that blacks continue to vote Democratic.

As do white people, given the last few elections.

That's not what was said in the post you are replying to; there it was said that the present administration has done more for blacks than the previous one did in eight years...and that's certainly true

Citation needed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, if you ignore the 230 year tradition of white guys leading the country that was broken with the last administration.

Aside from lowering taxes for Kanye West and Jay-Z, what exactly has Trump done for the Black Community?
Kanye West is the Black Donald Trump.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
As do white people, given the last few elections.
I've gotta wonder where you've been for the last few elections. Are you referring to two elections--in Alabama and Virginia? These did follow five straight special election losses for Congressional seats, a losing Presidential election that was theirs for the taking, losing control of both houses of Congress, plus a thousand state legislative seats.

Upvote 0