Jun 16, 2002
St. Louis, Mo
Visit site
✟51,954.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Since the farm invasions began, the security services have turned a blind eye to acts of violence carried out by veterans, who are believed to have killed 12 white farmers and scores of their black employees in the past two years .

Job: I pulled this from your article.

It seems that the color of sin did not save a person from these killings.

Why are you bringing these stories to the Christian forum?

Upvote 0

Brimshack

Mar 23, 2002
Arizona
✟12,010.00
Faith
Atheist
Complaints about reverse racism, etc. have been code for white racism for sometime now Job. This particular story is serious enough, it's a complete outrage. But if you argue this theme often enough, and also minimize any concerns about discrimination against minorities, then you're going to get these questions about your credibility and motives on the issue. At the moment you are the only one on this board who knows the answer to this charge, and it's up to you how you answer them.

Upvote 0

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know much about what is going on in S. Africa, except that it seems like innocent farmers have been caught in the cross hairs of politics.

FROM THE ARTICLE:
"Aid workers and farmers say the campaign against the white farmers has contributed to a looming famine, with 6 million people, half Zimbabwe's total population, facing starvation. In addition, more than 400,000 farmworkers have been left jobless by the policies."

Farming is a business, and not an easy business either. It takes a lot of skill and "know how". If they can't replace the white farmers with black farmers, then it seems like they are shooting themselves in the foot. Besides the famine, I have heard that AIDS is also taking it's toll in S. Africa. It is a very sad situation.

Upvote 0

Kiwi

Feb 21, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟963.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
this is happening in Zimbabwe, a different country from South Africa. It is horrible and heartbreaking for the farmers. I do find it strange though that this situation is a reverse of the average colonial situations, you know, where the whites come and take the land off the others. This must be one of the first times it is the other way around. Everyday indigenous groups are experiencing the same thing, being pushed off their land for various reasons, but it's not in the news much. As for 'Job' I guess the picture of the military helicopter says it all, 'just bomb the heck of them'.

Upvote 0

Brimshack

Mar 23, 2002
Arizona
✟12,010.00
Faith
Atheist
Well, I think Job is a little young, so I wouldn't be too harsh. There is a disturbing pattern to his posts, but it is perhaps due to exuberance as much as devotion to right wing politics, or so I hope anyway. It isn't too many high school kids that read the newspapers at all, so I guess that's something.

I don't think that what is happening in Zimbabwe is all that rare, but you did put your finger on an important point Kiwi. When colonial powers take land, and murder local inhabitants, it often seems natural to most people, like the inevitable march of progress itself, and so it doesn't get much commentary. When the colonized fight back in any way (whether it be outrages such as this or responsible attempts at land reform) it is often used as a rationale to close ranks and support colonial authorities after all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

coastie

Hallelujah Adonai Yeshua!
Apr 6, 2002
Central Valley of CA
Visit site
✟8,286.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I can hardly see this as "revers racism" (the term itself seems judgemental).

Racism sucks no matter who's progress it impedes.

It shouldn't make any difference to you what race these farmers are. This is an injustice... end of story.

Upvote 0

Job_38

<font size="1"> In perfect orbit they have circled
Jul 24, 2002
✟2,013.00
Originally posted by Brimshack
Well, I think Job is a little young, so I wouldn't be too harsh. There is a disturbing pattern to his posts, but it is perhaps due to exuberance as much as devotion to right wing politics, or so I hope anyway. It isn't too many high school kids that read the newspapers at all, so I guess that's something.

I don't think that what is happening in Zimbabwe is all that rare, but you did put your finger on an important point Kiwi. When colonial powers take land, and murder local inhabitants, it often seems natural to most people, like the inevitable march of progress itself, and so it doesn't get much commentary. When the colonized fight back in any way (whether it be outrages such as this or responsible attempts at land reform) it is often used as a rationale to close ranks and support colonial authorities after all.

&nbsp;

The explanation for my current posts is because that is what I am focusing on right now. But I do not have this devoution to right wing politics, though from my posts it seems like that. I try to be as moderate as I can.

&nbsp;

&nbsp;For all those, do not worry about me being a neo-Nazi and all that crap, I just want to find the truth. Because the truth is that there are many minorities who have been taught they are victims and deserve things, and I say they are not, they are as capable as any white man, and some I know are more. I want equality for everyone, not some "more equal" than others.

&nbsp;

&nbsp;But in my youthfullness I will fall to mistakes and thank those who show me the errors of my way.

&nbsp;

Upvote 0

Job_38

<font size="1"> In perfect orbit they have circled
Jul 24, 2002
✟2,013.00
Originally posted by coastie
I can hardly see this as "revers racism" (the term itself seems judgemental).

Racism sucks no matter who's progress it impedes.

It shouldn't make any difference to you what race these farmers are. This is an injustice... end of story.

&nbsp;

&nbsp;It doesn't make a difference, I find the KKK as pathetic as the Black Panthers or the NAtion of Islam, or any other rascist group.

&nbsp;

Upvote 0

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by Kiwi

this is happening in Zimbabwe, a different country from South Africa.

Woops! Thank you for pointing that out to me Kiwi!:)

It is horrible and heartbreaking for the farmers. I do find it strange though that this situation is a reverse of the average colonial situations, you know, where the whites come and take the land off the others. This must be one of the first times it is the other way around. Everyday indigenous groups are experiencing the same thing, being pushed off their land for various reasons, but it's not in the news much.

I just wish those in charge would think about their own people starving. At least the white farmers were feeding the masses. Now, no one is.

Upvote 0

Kiwi

Feb 21, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟963.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree Auntie Belle, President Mugabe (Zimbawae's leader) doesn't seem to have thought about that, and many dicatators in 3rd world countries contribute vastly to the poverty of their fellow citizens. I am doing a university paper on 3rd world poverty and I had to write an essay on 'why is the 3rd world poor', my answer was human greed was the root cause, whether it's from the 'West', capitalists, communists, dictators, whoever.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums