SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
White Extremist Ideology Drives Many Deadly Shootings
White extremist ideology has been linked to some of the deadliest active-shooter episodes in the United States in recent years, showing the potential for intense violence among adherents who congregate online to cheer on racist attacks.

The suspect in the shooting rampage on Saturday at a Walmart store in El Paso was the latest to promote his ideology with an anti-immigrant manifesto posted minutes before he opened fire, killing 22 and injuring dozens more.

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In my inbox this morning I had this devotional:

Genesis 9:1-11

One of our family members owns an English Bulldog named Lola. Lola is everything you think of when you think of a bulldog. Whenever our toddler Beatrice visits Lola, she comes running to see her and “lick all the sugar off,” as her owner puts it. Those two love each other. Now whenever Beatrice sees a bulldog, or even a dog of similar coloring and size, she quickly proclaims, “Lola!” She sees Lola everywhere she sees dogs!

The creation story is very clear: humanity is created in the image of God. We are different from the rest of creation because of that distinctive. You can’t mistake humanity for something else. If we believe that to be true and embrace that truth, we realize that not only are we made in the image of God, but all those around us are, also. If we see the image of God in another, then it is harder to dismiss that person as less than worthy of our attention, compassion, grace.

Have you mistaken another as someone lesser than an image-bearer of God? Take time today to allow God to help you begin to see His image in those around you.

Author: Stefanie Hendrickson

It reminded me of a little tune we used to sing in Sunday School back in the early 1960s:

Jesus loves the little children
All the children of the world
Red and yellow, black and white
They are precious in His sight
Jesus loves the little children of the world.

When are these guys going to realize that the ones they are KILLING are made in God's image? That they (even though grown up) are PRECIOUS in God's sight?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am becoming increasingly convinced that there is a spiritual evil force at work here, inciting people to destroy God's image in any way or shape or form. And using what ever pretext, be it racial bias, gender bias, economic bias, religious bias, to accomplish that.

• Agree
Reactions: civilwarbuff
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am becoming increasingly convinced that there is a spiritual evil force at work here, inciting people to destroy God's image in any way or shape or form. And using what ever pretext, be it racial bias, gender bias, economic bias, religious bias, to accomplish that.

Absolutely there is ...

1 Peter 5:8

Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

The roaring lion is loose on the earth.

Ephesians 6:12

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Reactions: Hammster
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,527.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To what degree do we accept these atrocities as an 'end times' scenario that has to play out as the enemy of our souls has, in this season of time, release to motivate such wickedness?

I am quite unclear about this - I think as darkness is allowed to reign for a season, His light glows ever brighter through the persecution...

This was the outcome when the church was born. Agree??

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From my inbox this morning, the Reflecting God devotional:

When You Hate…

Exodus 20:1-17

Some rules seem to go without saying: wash you hands before returning to work, do not text and drive, always extinguish your campfire, do not murder. Despite the basic concept, God still had to make it clear that we are not to murder. If you read the news, you understand that God’s commandment was not given in vain: we really do need to be told.

Jesus took this commandment a step further: “You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘You shall not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.’ But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment” (Matthew 5:21-22). The gloves have come off! We do not have to use a weapon against another to be considered sinner. Even when we hate another, we have failed to live as God created us to live. Murder charges are serious. Jesus points to those of us with hatred in our lives and plainly says we have murder in our hearts. He leaves no wiggle-room for us to protest, “yes, but.”

Allow God to examine and root out any hatred in your heart today.

Author: Stefanie Hendrickson

• Winner
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yes, there is, and that spirit--that principality--is working both sides of the street. It's a principality that hates life and seeks to destroy life in a myriad of ways.

The spirit that urges indifference to abortion is the same spirit that urges indifference to caging children on the border.

Upvote 0