Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe there's just more of that where you live if so I feel for you.

We live in what is actually considered a redneck part of the county and there is very little racism here.

Some just love bringing up that word.

M-Bob

Any non-whites in the area ???

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Which is why I think the idea that black people (or any non-white people for that matter) are somehow lazier than white people is a ridiculous and racist idea.

But in this thread someone suggested that the reason why white people do so well has nothing to do with there being a societal advantage in being white, but because white people work hard and earn what they have; if that is the case then the only reason non-white people don't fare as well is because they don't work as hard as white people. I consider that idea patently absurd and ignorant, but I'm not the one making that argument.

The reality is that white people do have a societal advantage, and that there is systematic discrimination against people of color in American society. That's reality. A person of color will have to try twice as hard to go half as far as a white person. That's not being "politically correct", that's just acknowledging objective reality. And that this is a problem that should be addressed.

-CryptoLutheran

Yeah ... I was trying to agree with you ... in my ham-hsnded way ...

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Yeah ... I was trying to agree with you ... in my ham-hsnded way ...

I wasn't slamming you, just being more explicit than I had been in my previous posts.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Any non-whites in the area ???

Yes -- I think nowadays there are non-whites throughout the United States?

El Cajon one of the highest Muslim populations in the United States.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Denadii

Aug 27, 2017
Western
✟31,027.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Maybe there's just more of that where you live if so I feel for you.

We live in what is actually considered a redneck part of the county and there is very little racism here.

Some just love bringing up that word.

M-Bob
Very little racism here too. I love that. You sure hear a lot of it on social media though...Social media must be a big city thing.

Upvote 0

Denadii

Aug 27, 2017
Western
✟31,027.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Did I say that blacks are special above anyone else ?

WhatI said was that, here in America, non-whites were forced by whites, to do their work.

So who, then, ... would be characterized as lazy ?
Who would be characterized as lazy? Any one of these snowflakes or groups of snowflakes who stand with their hands out looking for freebees...Anyone who says that the rich got rich by robbing the poor....and insist that the wealth of the rich needs to be shared with those who did not earn it. They are the ones I would categorize as lazy parasites....Race has nothing to do with it. So do us all a favor and back off with that racism junk. Your pseudonym says you're A thinker....So....Think a little.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who would be characterized as lazy? Any one of these snowflakes or groups of snowflakes who stand with their hands out looking for freebees...Anyone who says that the rich got rich by robbing the poor....and insist that the wealth of the rich needs to be shared with those who did not earn it. They are the ones I would categorize as lazy parasites....Race has nothing to do with it. So do us all a favor and back off with that racism junk. Your pseudonym says you're A thinker....So....Think a little.

Oh ... I've thought a lot ... and SEEN a lot in 60 years ...

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Did I say that blacks are special above anyone else ?

WhatI said was that, here in America, non-whites were forced by whites, to do their work.

So who, then, ... would be characterized as lazy ?
White people also fought in the Civil War. Flipping around I cable I encounter this young black that doesn't look like he ever did without or worked a day in his life. He says white people talking about their civil rights, I'm not aware of anyone violating their rights. The statement is pure ignorance but the slogans about white picilage, the glass ceiling and now homophobia gets a lot of mileage

• Agree
Reactions: Denadii
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
White people also fought in the Civil War.

The point isn't that there aren't good, christian whites. But it's just as true that there are good, hard-working non-whites.

Flipping around I cable I encounter this young black that doesn't look like he ever did without or worked a day in his life. He says white people talking about their civil rights, I'm not aware of anyone violating their rights.

Obviously, it's not hard to find the converse of this ... young non-working whites who complain about black civil rights. There's examples of this on both sides, as one would expect ...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The point isn't that there aren't good, christian whites. But it's just as true that there are good, hard-working non-whites.

Of course you could, and I don't deny that a boy being gunned down in the park for playing with a toy gun is an outrageous example of grossly excessive force. The guy in Minnisota who died on youtube, didn't do anything a reasonable person could call an imminent threat. But think about, if they can enslave a black man you can enslave a white man. Today it's a black kid playing in the park, tomorrow it could be your kid. To make this about race is a mistake, making it an indictment on white people alienates a huge segment of the population that has a stake in this as well. Alienating them in my view, is a mistake.

Obviously, it's not hard to find the converse of this ... young non-working whites who complain about black civil rights. There's examples of this on both sides, as one would expect ...

That wasn't meant to be anecdotal, I actually had a point I didn't get to. After a trial court renders a decision, no matter of fact in the case is ever reconsidered again in the appeals courts. The only question in an appeals court going all the way to the Supreme Court. What is before those courts is exclusively civil rights. If they violate your civil rights they violate mine, if you stand up for your civil rights you stand up for mine.

My point is simply this, if that young man wants to test his theory he should check the dockets of the appellant courts and see if there are any white people appealing trial court decisions.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Of course you could, and I don't deny that a boy being gunned down in the park for playing with a toy gun is an outrageous example of grossly excessive force. The guy in Minnisota who said on youtube, didn't do anything a reasonable person could call an imminent threat. But think about, if they can enslave a black man you can enslave a white man. Today it's a black kid playing in the park, tomorrow it could be your kid. To make this about race is a mistake, making it an indictment on white people alienates a huge segment of the population that has a stake in this as well. Alienating them in my view, is a mistake.

I agree, to an extent, that it's not about race.

Race does factor in, however, along with gender, age, attractiveness, caste, income level, etc.

Wicked men will use whatever tool they can to put other men down ... to enhance their advantage. Good men will take a stand ... to oppose such schemes and devices.

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is there such thing as white Christian male persecution or white privilege?
There is white privilege, black privilege, sex privilege, age privilege, intelligence privilege, "good looking" privilege, etc.

And there are all sorts of types of persecution as well.

Problem is, acknowledging and naming it doesn't matter that much usually. It's more of an acknowledgement of how humanity works than a "problem" to be solved. If you embrace the former position you will go far. If you embrace the latter you will live a fruitless and frustrating existence. And the good news is that we all get to choose which path to take.:)

Upvote 0

Denadii

Aug 27, 2017
Western
✟31,027.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

You keep whining about whites vs non whites but the subject was white privelige which is pure nonsense....So is your racist rant.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You keep whining about whites vs non whites but the subject was white privelige which is pure nonsense....So is your racist rant.

Not my posting ... I only commented according to my own experience of 60 years of living in America.

Now ... most persons, even in this thread, have enough grace to understand that other's experiences do count.

Only self-satisfied, self-serving, self-important bigots have no room in their hearts to even consider the validity of other's experiences.

That's typical of the world, but is a detriment for a Christian.

I will pray for you ...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Denadii

Aug 27, 2017
Western
✟31,027.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not my posting ... I only commented according to my own experience of 60 years of living in America.

Now ... most persons, even in this thread, have enough grace to understand that other's experiences do count.

Only self-satisfied, self-serving, self-important bigots have no room in their hearts to even consider the validity of other's experiences.

That's typical of the world, but is a detriment for a Christian.

I will pray for you ...
LOL Good response.....Please do NOT pray for me...I am very particular about who prays for me....If I do not know you.....I do not know what or how you pray...Please do not...

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
LOL Good response.....Please do NOT pray for me...I am very particular about who prays for me....If I do not know you.....I do not know what or how you pray...Please do not...

Hmmm ... a Christian who desires that you not pray for them.

Whatever floats your boat, I guess ...

Upvote 0

Denadii

Aug 27, 2017
Western
✟31,027.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hmmm ... a Christian who desires that you not pray for them.

Whatever floats your boat, I guess ...
You obviously did not understand what I said....I believe in prayer...I appreciate prayer for me...I'm just particular who prays for me.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
I stand corrected, my point is racism comes in many colors. In the wake of several cops being shot the chief of the Chicogo police remarked, black lives matter, how is that not racist? Now that doesn't excuse white racism but let's apply the standard across racial lines, it goes both ways.

Saying "Black Lives Matter" does not imply that white lives don't matter. It means that somebody feels that black lives are being ignored.

Upvote 0