Man on Fire

Jan 6, 2016
Durham, NC
✟19,338.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The following is something I wrote on reddit a few months ago. It may be both entertaining and teaching of something of God.

Whiskey and Wine

Today I felt compelled to drink some whiskey and wine. God moved me to make a playlist of music about it. To get the most out of it you need to like music and click the links.

Purpose:

Growing in understanding of God. The Bible is fully of allegories and parables. Lets make sense of them, and do some critical thinking.

General Theme:

God is an Awesome God. Man is God's Glory. Man is made in the image of God. What man does may reflect something of God or the spiritual. What is reflecting? Jesus' first miracle was turning water into wine. A Joel Olsteen would be like a water salesmen? Someone people go to after they are hurt by a lot of sin, and tired of it, but does not really call them into repentance? Wine would be knowledge of God and how he works. Knowledge of God and the Spiritual. This may bring some fear of God or Awe of God.

break
The next songs may be a bit harder to see without words.

The Church is a Bride for Christ. The Song of Song is in the Bible as a representation of God's Love for Israel?

"Try to Fight"

Talking to God takes meekness. Given you believe false things to be true or are unrepentant, you may be blind and deaf. The Holy Ghost is a teacher and a councilor.

"Oh Well"

break

"Wine Take Me Away"

Last edited:

Man on Fire

Jan 6, 2016
Durham, NC
✟19,338.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Water is more like Joel Olsteen. People may go to Joel for refreshment. He makes them feel good. The people that go to Joel may have been unrepentant sinners who are still sinning, but Joel makes them feel good.

Wine may be knowledge and or fear of God. Someone that brings knowledge of God, which brings fear of God, that may be wine.

Allegories.

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Water is more like Joel Olsteen. People may go to Joel for refreshment. He makes them feel good. The people that go to Joel may have been unrepentant sinners who are still sinning, but Joel makes them feel good.

Wine may be knowledge and or fear of God. Someone that brings knowledge of God, which brings fear of God, that may be wine.

Allegories.
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding" Proverbs 3:5

Question for Emli: How did you sleep last night after our back and forth? I slept very well.
There was no back and forth. I was supplying you with wisdom, pure water flowing from the Holy Spirit, and you were rejecting it.

I repeat:

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding" Proverbs 3:5

Upvote 0

Man on Fire

Jan 6, 2016
Durham, NC
✟19,338.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

There was no back and forth. I was supplying you with wisdom, pure water flowing from the Holy Spirit, and you were rejecting it.

I repeat:

You stated you have a third eye. Is it your own understanding or something else?

I trust in The Lord. I was homeless growing in faith. I hit the bottom. I experience a lot of cause and effect with the spiritual. God built me. You are deceiving people. Do you believe you are doing a good thing? You are not. I gave you testimony. You failed to read it with understanding or just failed to read it? There is a demon around you stealing it away or you have something in you?

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
You stated you have a third eye. Is it your own understanding or something else?

I trust in The Lord. I was homeless growing in faith. I hit the bottom. I experience a lot of cause and effect with the spiritual. God built me. You are deceiving people. Do you believe you are doing a good thing? You are not. I gave you testimony. You failed to read it with understanding or just failed to read it? There is a demon around you stealing it away or you have something in you?
I had the third eye. God closed it. And now He has given me wisdom to help others overcome the same deception.

There's no "cause and effect in the spiritual" in Christianity. There's prayer and there's God's hand moving. Miracles and communication through the Holy Spirit. Cause and effect is a term that comes from science and false human philosophy. It has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with God.

Your testimony does not line up with Scripture, neither does your words. It's all human philosophy and demonic teachings.

Please, for your own sake, start listening to the True God of the Bible!

I truly believe that God is moving in your life, because He is moving through me right now, trying to get through to you.

And Satan is also working in your life, and he is misleading you completely, because you are giving him the grounds for it, by not listening to nor submitting to God, and instead choosing to listen to deceiving spirits.

Upvote 0

GeorgeJ

<Insert Custom Title Here>
Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
stock-vector-mad-three-eyed-alien-with-pointy-ears-big-mouth-purple-skin-and-long-arms-while-staring-at-you-311539157.jpg

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually, water represents God's Word in the Bible.

Wine represents the Blood of Christ.

We are cleansed and washed by the water that is His Word, and by His Blood.

I would suggest a Bible study.

I suggest Jameson Irish coffee.

1_irishcoffee1.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: GeorgeJ
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Man on Fire

Jan 6, 2016
Durham, NC
✟19,338.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, this was definitely posted in the right forum. It certainly is very entertaining and giving me a great laugh this morning.......thanks!

Maybe I need to start drinking more so I can get my "third eye" working......

The OP is fun, and it should be fun. It wasn't meant to be this serious.

To get to where I came in Faith....there may be something to me being groomed and conditioned for it, but.....all I needed was The Spirit of God who is a teacher and councilor, and a correction on a few things and some proverbs.

Thumos and the Bible

Experiencing Cause and Effect with the The Spiritual

Those two links and the God's Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

GeorgeJ

<Insert Custom Title Here>
Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Man on Fire

Jan 6, 2016
Durham, NC
✟19,338.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
9The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.' But wisdom is proved right by her deeds." (Matthew 11:19)

Like White Lightning? The following is meant to be watched and listen to in order.

As far as a more Country Themed Ties That Bind Story I have done:

Something Bad

S.O.B

Life is Hard

Life is a Highway

Something in the Water

Upvote 0