Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Instead of the Afghanistan debacle, I was going to mention his stance on abortion, and how his welcome to take communion is being called into question, but I figured that would be going off-topic.

Hi @Aldebaran

Well, I can't speak for whether the mods might consider it off topic, but I'm perfectly willing to discuss that issue also. There are a lot of 'christians' who support the legal right of a woman to get an abortion.

I think Pres. Obama hit the nail on the head when he explained to all of us that America is not just a christian nation. Look on the membership of this website. There are countless atheists, agnostics, muslims, buddhists and many other people besides christians. So the CIC (commander in chief) has to promote agendas that are fair for everyone. Forbes ran this article back in June 2021: Majority Of Americans Support Abortion, Poll Finds — But Not Later In The Pregnancy

A majority of Americans broadly believe abortion should be legal and more than 60% believe people should be able to obtain abortions during the first trimester of their pregnancy, a new Associated Press/NORC poll finds—but support for abortion being legal drops significantly as the pregnancy continues, an issue that will soon be taken up by the U.S. Supreme Court.

Now our nation is established as a democratic nation and if more than 60% believe that abortion should be legal under certain circumstances, mainly early on in the pregnancy, then as a democratic country, that should be the law. However, I never mix the law of the land with my commitment to the Lord. I personally would not encourage any young woman to get an abortion. I personally would not seek an abortion for my wife or girlfriend because I personally believe that abortion is not pleasing to God. But the world is filled with things that the lost of the world do, that I am constrained not to do because of my faith in God.

But my faith in God is still strong even if I live in a nation that has unjust laws. As most all nations do. We had one nation that was going to be ruled by God and His law. That nation was Israel and it failed miserably. I, therefore, don't hold out a shred of hope that as a nation we're going to follow the laws of God. It just is not going to happen, and if I'm reading the Scriptures right, God doesn't expect it to happen. There is no nation upon the earth who can truly show that God is their King. That the will of God is what they follow in all that they do. There just isn't!!!!!!

I believe that abortion is wrong, but...

I also believe that sex outside of marriage is wrong. But that is where most of the abortion requests come from. I also believe that gambling is wrong. Yet dozens of states have legal gambling through state lotteries and the entire state of Nevada not only approves of it but promotes it. Stealing is wrong. Yet thousand upon thousands of people steal every day in this nation. Greed is wrong. Yet thousands of people fill their coffers to the brim without the slightest consideration for those who are poor. This nation, and all the other nations on the earth, are far from God.

But, that doesn't mean that I have to be far from God. I can live my life without supporting abortion. I can live my life without gambling. I can live my life without stealing or being greedy. I don't find anywhere in the Scriptures where God seems to show that He expects His people to change the world systems. He only askes us to teach the gospel to those who are within our realm of acquaintances. So many christians seem to have the command of Jesus backward.

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

There's an order in that command. Go and spread the gospel into all the nations of the earth. That's step 1. For those who will believe as you go throughout the world spreading the gospel, baptize them in the name of the trinity. That's step 2. Then, for those who have believed and been baptized...teach them to obey everything that he has commanded of us.

Christians have this nasty habit of trying to beat the people of the world over the head with the law first. Teach the lost and the atheist and the agnostic and the muslim and buddhist to follow the commands of Jesus first. That's just not what Jesus told us to do. In fact, Paul even writes to us that we should not bother with judging those who are not of the faith, but rather those who are a part of us.

I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people. What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? God will judge those outside.

Here Paul seems to make it clear that we aren't to waste our time judging those outside of the faith. That they are immoral, greedy, swindlers and idolaters. He says that we are only to avoid such a person if they claim to be of the faith.

So, my encouragement, let's get off of this pointing fingers to the world and telling them how terribly wicked they are because they allow abortions. Instead, let's tell them about the love available to them through Jesus and how he died for all of our sins. Then, if they listen to us, we can start to teach them to obey the commands of Jesus.

Now, as it relates to Joe Biden, the man, I don't believe that he personally supports the position of abortion. I don't think that he would ever counsel someone to get an abortion. But the laws of this nation are not just for christians. As the President of the United States he is responsible for trying to establish 'democratic' laws, not 'christian' laws. I believe that most presidents have understood that pretty well. After all, Roe v. Wade has stood for some 50 years now. That's through the administration of a lot of different presidents. Why don't you write your ire against all of them who have served since 1973.

However, as to Pres. Biden's moral character and nature, I find it to be much, much greater than the 'former guy' who just wanted to take us all for a ride while he lined his pockets with his filthy euchre.

God bless,
Ted

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟698,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
However, as to Pres. Biden's moral character and nature, I find it to be much, much greater than the 'former guy' who just wanted to take us all for a ride while he lined his pockets with his filthy euchre.

The 'last guy' donated his salary and lost 1.4 billion during his four years. So much for lining his pockets with filthy euchre

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The 'last guy' donated his salary and lost 1.4 billion during his four years. So much for lining his pockets with filthy euchre

Hi HL,

Yes, I know that he has donated a quarter of his salary each quarter to a different federal agency and that's a great thing. He's not the first to do that, but for all his wealth it certainly wouldn't hurt him financially. However, that he lost $1.4B throughout his presidency will likely never be known as he doesn't share his personal financial information. Some sources say he actually pocketed $2.4B over the four years. It's well known that he charged the Secret Service a lot more than his annual salary to put them up at his resorts. Another report I read was that he jacked up the rates for his room letting to the Secret Service. Just for laughs: Trump Organization Reportedly Charged U.S Government Over $1.1 Million For Luxury Hotel Stays

God bless,
Ted

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟698,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
However, that he lost $1.4B throughout his presidency will likely never be known as he doesn't share his personal financial information.

Hi mt,

According to Forbes he did. According to the Federal Financial Disclosure Forms he filed each year with the Government - which are viewable on line he did.

Here, I will show some left leaning sources for your approval:

U.S. presidents' net worth, before and after taking office
Before Presidency -
Donald Trump
Before: $3 billion

After: $2.3 billion
Donald Trump's net worth dramatically changed during his presidency

In fact, it looks like the presidency might have been one of Trump's worst business decisions yet, as his fortune has dropped from $3 billion when he started the job to $2.3 billion today according to Bloomberg.​
Glad I could help clarify.

Oh and it is now 33 days since Joe promised not to leave Afghanistan until all Americans wanting to leave would be out and 22 days since he had our forces leaving and there are still Americans being held against their will in Afghanistan, But Joe is sporting a nice tan from his time at the beach.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi HL,

The first 'fact' you need to understand in all of this is that none of those numbers can be verified as they apply to Trump. No one actually knows how much money he makes. All of these are best guess estimates.

God bless,
Ted

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟649,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi HL,

The first 'fact' you need to understand in all of this is that none of those numbers can be verified as they apply to Trump. No one actually knows how much money he makes. All of these are best guess estimates.

God bless,
Ted

So are the "lined his pockets with filthy euchre" comments. Just best guess estimates.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟698,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi HL,

God bless,
Ted

They are more substantial than your personal opinion and what someone somewhere wrote about a possibility from an unknown source.

So are the "lined his pockets with filthy euchre" comments. Just best guess estimates.

yup

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,733.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
And this is supposed to be the smart businessman y’all elected to sort out the country’s finances?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟649,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
And this is supposed to be the smart businessman y’all elected to sort out the country’s finances?

No, it's the one that's currently pushing for 4.5 Trillion dollars in new spending (on a party-line vote) that's supposed to sort out the country’s finances. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,733.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
No, it's the one that's currently pushing for 4.5 Trillion dollars in new spending (on a party-line vote) that's supposed to sort out the country’s finances. :rolleyes:
I doubt that’s who Hislegacy was talking about.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟649,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Right. That's why I added the :rolleyes: at the end.
It's our current "president" who can relate to people who believe that the way to get out of debt is to look for a new source of credit cards each year so the new cards can be maxed out and added to the mile-high stack of already maxed out cards.

WhataboutTrump post coming in 3...2...1...

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,733.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
My original comment was about Trump. You’re the only one engaging in whataboutism here trying to shift the conversation over to Biden.

Try and keep up, please.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟649,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
My original comment was about Trump. You’re the only one engaging in whataboutism here trying to shift the conversation over to Biden.

Try and keep up, please.

If you look again at the topic title, it's about joe, not Trump.
Not every thread is about Trump, even after it's been hijacked by those who hate him.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,733.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If you look again at the topic title, it's about joe, not Trump.
Not every thread is about Trump, even after it's been hijacked by those who hate him.
I wouldn’t call Hislegacy a “Trump hater” and I’m not really sure the OP can really ‘hijack’ their own thread but hey, you seem to be the expert here.

Maybe take it up with him for bringing Trump into the conversation.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟649,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I wouldn’t call Hislegacy a “Trump hater” and I’m not really sure the OP can really ‘hijack’ their own thread but hey, you seem to be the expert here.

And don't you forget it! ;)

Maybe take it up with him for bringing Trump into the conversation.

To be fair, it was MiamiTed who he was responding to who originally brought up the "last guy".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟141,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I am reminded of the old m&m’s commercial,
Old West poker table
“These cards are marked! They’re a mess, a chocolate mess!”
Thank you.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟698,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

you are right. I was talking about Joe going on vacation while Americans are being held against there will.

day 22 of the crisis and counting.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Right. That's why I added the :rolleyes: at the end.
It's our current "president" who can relate to people who believe that the way to get out of debt is to look for a new source of credit cards each year so the new cards can be maxed out and added to the mile-high stack of already maxed out cards.

Hi @Aldebaran

Ok, here's the WhataboutTrump post. During the short 4 year tenure of the 'former guy', he added some $9T to the debt. So I'm not so sure that it's our current president only who has been piling on more debt. This from the guy who claimed he'd have the national debt paid off in 8 years:

During the 2016 presidential campaign, Republican candidate Donald Trump promised he would eliminate the nation’s debt in eight years.1 Instead, his budget estimates showed that he would actually add at least $8.3 trillion, increasing the U.S. debt to $28.5 trillion by 2025.2

However, the national debt reached that figure much sooner. When President Trump took office in January 2017, the national debt stood at $19.9 trillion. In October 2020, the national debt reached a new high of $27 trillion. That's an increase of almost 36% in less than four years.
What You Need to Know About President Trump's Impact on the National Debt

The guy just didn't do a good job at any of his initiatives except to lower taxes, which he only made permanent for corporations, which puts a lot more money in his pocket, and partially building a wall. He didn't get us a better and more affordable healthcare plan in the first 90 days as he promised. He didn't even bother to ever float an infrastructure plan, which he promised would be the best and greatest infrastructure bill that that world has ever seen. Here's a fairly exhaustive list of the claims and promises that he made while on the campaign trail...and his success at accomplishing them: https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...pporters-everything-he-didnt-deliver-most-it/

God bless,
Ted

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟698,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is September 23, 2021

Day 23 of Americans still being held against their will in Afghanistan.

34 days after Joe said we would get every American who wanted to get out even if it meant not leaving on schedule

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟698,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status