Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:

Isaiah 55:6 KJV

Is there a time when He will not be found, and when is that?

At His 2nd coming, All have the opportunity to receive Him as their Savior until then.

Psalm 14

The LORD looks down from heaven on the children of man, to see if there are any who understand, who seek after God.

• Agree
Reactions: Natsumi Lam
Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party

At the time Isaiah wrote that verse (8thC BC), the presence of God was in the Holy of Holies, thus to the ancient Israelites He was to be found near to them.

Israel degenerated deeper and deeper into idolatry and far away from the Lord, so that hundreds of years later we read in Ezekiel that the Spirit of the Lord departs from the Temple.

Ezekiel10v18Then the glory of the Lord departed from over the threshold of the temple and stopped above the cherubim. 19While I watched, the cherubim spread their wings and rose from the ground, and as they went, the wheels went with them. They stopped at the entrance of the east gate of the Lord’s house, and the glory of the God of Israel was above them.

This is about the Lord departing from the national entity of Israel, not personal lives.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
So far we have two different time frames where they think God will not be found.
At His 2nd coming, All have the opportunity to receive Him as their Savior until then.

Psalm 14

The LORD looks down from heaven on the children of man, to see if there are any who understand, who seek after God.
2 John 1:4
I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father.

1 Peter 1:7
That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
So far we have two instances and time frames in which the above posters have indicated that God can not be found... Let's take into consideration this verse to see if helps us fine tune our understanding.

Hebrews 12:17
For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So far we have two different time frames where they think God will not be found.

2 John 1:4
I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father.

1 Peter 1:7
That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

Able to be found (since Adam & Eve) , and He will always be able to be found until His 2nd coming. Amen.

Upvote 0

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The psalmist also mentions to pray to God while He may be found:
Psa 32:5-6 I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. (6) For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found: surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him.

So maybe it will be harder to find Him when there are "floods of great waters"?

In the Song of Songs, she had to go searching for her Beloved a couple of times in the night -
Son 3:1-2 By night on my bed I sought him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, but I found him not. (2) I will rise now, and go about the city in the streets, and in the broad ways I will seek him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, but I found him not.

Son 5:6 I opened to my beloved; but my beloved had withdrawn himself, and was gone: my soul failed when he spake: I sought him, but I could not find him; I called him, but he gave me no answer.

Yeshua did say:
Joh 12:35-36 Then Jesus said unto them, Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth. (36) While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light. These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide himself from them.

• Agree
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Theologian [Applied Theology]
Jul 1, 2015
Whippingham, Isle of Wight, England
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Or is it that we backslide and lose contact with him, then we return to find him, rather than G_d absenting himself from his people. Matthew 7:21-23 or Hebrews 6:4-6

After all, he has said (in lots of ways) 'I will NEVER leave or forsake you'.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Or is it that we backslide and loose contact with him, then we return to find him, rather than G_d absenting himself from his people. Matthew 7:21-23 or Hebrews 6:4-6

After all he has said (in lots of ways) 'I will NEVER leave or forsake you'.
Maybe it is a warning because there does seem to be a cut off point -
Psa 18:41 They cried, but there was none to save them: even unto the LORD, but he answered them not.

Pro 1:20-33 Wisdom crieth without; she uttereth her voice in the streets: (21) She crieth in the chief place of concourse, in the openings of the gates: in the city she uttereth her words, saying, (22) How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge? (23) Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you. (24) Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded; (25) But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof: (26) I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh; (27) When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you. (28) Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me: (29) For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD: (30) They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof. (31) Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices. (32) For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them. (33) But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because they were looking for him in the wrong place as per vs 30. They didn't want to hear what he had to say about the things they were doing?
Some don't receive the love of the truth 2 Thessalonians 2:10-12

Truth can be humbling. There are things in the world, teachings in the world, that can make one really feel like they are 'all that' and then one day....

Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Some don't receive the love of the truth 2 Thessalonians 2:10-12

Truth can be humbling. There are things in the world, teachings in the world, that can make one really feel like they are 'all that' and then one day....

That's why they went into exile. G_d told them 'that he didn't tell them to offer sacrifices'. he did, but not in the way they were doing it. They left G_d out and did it all as pure routine - just like most Church services!

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate

Yes.

When everyone that is of God's election is killed according to a certain number, then there will be no more sealing, and all lines will be bold and drawn.

So, for example, if it takes you 1,260, 1290, or 1335 days of seeing people claiming to be believers of the Most High God get killed by the world to realize He might be the Real Deal, then you may be in trouble.

Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Yes.

When everyone that is of God's election is killed according to a certain number, then there will be no more sealing, and all lines will be bold and drawn.

So, for example, if it takes you 1,260, 1290, or 1335 days of seeing people claiming to be believers of the Most High God get killed by the world to realize He might be the Real Deal, then you may be in trouble.

What number?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Heber Book List

Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I would speculate in the billions (more than the sand/stars in the sky/multitude that cant be counted and such...), but I don't know.

That rather negates your response - can you point to any part of scripture?

Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
What response does it negate?

Well, if you don't know the specific number how can it be a specific number? Can you point to anything in scripture that tells you about this?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Or is it that we backslide and loose contact with him, then we return to find him, rather than G_d absenting himself from his people. Matthew 7:21-23 or Hebrews 6:4-6

After all, he has said (in lots of ways) 'I will NEVER leave or forsake you'.
Will Yahweh restore the whole House of Yisra'el ... before, during or after the thousand-year reign of Mashiach Yeshua (Zechariah 8:23).

Ezekiel 37:11-14
11 Then He said unto me: Son of man, these bones are the whole House of Yisra’el; behold, they say, Our bones are dried up, and our hope is lost; we are clean cut off.
12 Therefore prophesy, and say unto them, Thus says the Adonai YHWH: Behold, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, O My people: and I will bring you into the land of Yisra’el.
13 And you shall know that I am YHWH, when I have opened your graves and caused you to come up out of your graves, O My people.
14 And I will put My Spirit in you, and you shall live. And I will place you in your own land, and you shall know that I YHWH have spoken, and performed it, says YHWH.

When will this supernatural event will occur (Zechariah 8:23) ?

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Well, if you don't know the specific number how can it be a specific number? Can you point to anything in scripture that tells you about this?

Just because I don't know the number doesn't mean by context I know the number is finite.

And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled. Revelation 6:11-12

And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.

And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.

And they that understand among the people shall instruct many: yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days.

Now when they shall fall, they shall be holpen with a little help: but many shall cleave to them with flatteries.

And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end: because it is yet for a time appointed.
Daniel 11:31-35

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Matthew 7:21

Upvote 0