Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Inflation showed continued signs of cooling off in February but remained stubbornly high and well above the Federal Reserve's 2% target in the year's second month, according to the latest data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics released Tuesday morning.

The Consumer Price Index (CPI) revealed headline inflation rose 0.4% over last month and 6% over the prior year in February, a slowdown from January's 0.5% month-over-month increase and 6.4% annual gain. Both measures were in-line with economist expectations, according to data from Bloomberg.

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟831,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Tax increases are deflationary.
You're actually defending tax increases? Yes, let's add to the burden of families who are already struggling with inflation and high gas prices and can barely afford to pay their bills.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,077,055.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Do you know many families earning $400,000 a year who are "struggling with inflation and high gas prices and can barely afford to pay their bills?"
I don't. So since Biden only plans on asking $400K earners to give back a percentage of the Trump giveaways of 2017, you are talking about a situation that doesn't exist.

You may be surprised to learn that the president who increased the national debt by the highest percentage was Ronald Reagan, who increased the federal deficit by 186%. (So much for what tax cuts do for the deficit.) Next was the next big tax cutter, George W. Bush--101%.

The deficit went up by 32% under Trump--in four years he accomplished to in four years what it took Bill Clinton eight to do...

And, of course, Biden has been more fiscally prudent than his predecessor.

It bears repeating:

You don't give tax cuts to the rich when you can't pay your bills.
You don't give tax cuts to the rich when you can't pay your bills.

Shame on every member of Congress who voted for the deficit expanding Trump tax cuts.

You're actually defending tax increases? Yes, let's add to the burden of families who are already struggling with inflation and high gas prices and can barely afford to pay their bills.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You're actually defending tax increases?

A plain reading of what I wrote would show you that I merely explained a phenomenon without taking a position on it.

Though, I would defend some tax hikes.

Yes, let's add to the burden of families who are already struggling with inflation and high gas prices and can barely afford to pay their bills.

Oh, which of Biden’s proposed tax hikes would do that? Here’s a list of them:

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,249,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
not when they are accompanied by additional spending which is exactly what Biden is trying to do.

That doesn't make sense. The only way inflation would happen is if more money enters the money supply. If taxes cover increased spending, then there won't be inflation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That doesn't make sense. The only way inflation would happen is if more money enters the money supply. If taxes cover increased spending, then there won't be inflation.
Oh do you believe that it is a one to one ration?

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,077,055.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Many of the tax "increases" are merely reversals of tax reductions which never should have been granted in 2017, which gave us trillion dollar deficits without discernible benefit.

Stock buybacks artificially bolster stock prices rather than provide for R and D or fair wages for employees.

Cutting the child poverty rate in half is a good use of millionaire taxes. They don't like them? I'm reminded of Scrooge.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Many of the tax "increases" are merely reversals of tax reductions which never should have been granted in 2017, which gave us trillion dollar deficits without discernible benefit.
ngl, I would personally love it if the sunset/rollback of the 2017 law brought back the deduction for unreimbursed employee expenses. I'm still amazed that nobody has made a thing about that given how many people are working from home now.

Reactions: scraparcs
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Stock buybacks artificially bolster stock prices rather than provide for R and D or fair wages for employees.

Cutting the child poverty rate in half is a good use of millionaire taxes. They don't like them? I'm reminded of Scrooge.
Have you forgotten that Trump gave us one of the best economies in history? AND Biden gave us the highest inflation in 40 years.

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟261,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Have you forgotten that Trump gave us one of the best economies in history? AND Biden gave us the highest inflation in 40 years.

I remember Trump throwing a hussy fit when he lost and his supporters doing a putsch to try to stop the peaceful transfer of power. That was a direct threat to our country. I value this country and the freedoms it provides more than gold and silver. Maybe some people are willing to live under a dictatorship for a little fatter wallet but I’m not.

• Wow
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I remember Trump maintaining a bunch of economic trends that been going on for years under Obama. Then covid and its ensuing economic fallout happened, under Trump, with a good chunk of the recovery happening under Biden.

Do you remember something different?

Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟301,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Biden administration and the angry mobs during the summer of 2020 are a much bigger threat to our country than that group of angry protesters on January 6. It just blows my mind how certain people are so quick to buy into the leftist narrative and fail to see the big picture. The economy was thriving under Trump and under Biden, we now have record high inflation, but certain people still don't care. Biden can lead America into another great depression and anti-American thugs can burn America to the ground yet these folks will still support Biden and give these criminals a free pass. So sad and pathetic! The Biden administration regime and the elitists who pull their strings are not done with America yet and I think we know what this is all leading up to. As Samuel L Jackson said in the movie Jurassic Park, "hold on to your butts!"

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: rocknanchor
Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟261,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
The Biden administration and the angry mobs during the summer of 2020 are a much bigger threat to our country than that group of angry protesters on January 6. It just blows my mind how certain people are so quick to buy into the leftist narrative and fail to see the big picture. The economy was thriving under Trump and under Biden, we now have record high inflation, but certain people still don't care. Biden can lead America into another great depression and anti-American thugs can burn America to the ground yet these folks will still support Biden and give these criminals a free pass. So sad and pathetic! The Biden administration regime and the elitists who pull their strings are not done with America yet and I think we know what this is all leading up to. As Samuel L Jackson said in the movie Jurassic Park, "hold on to your butts!"

A putsch that isn’t appropriately punished is a dress rehearsal. The second and third in line for the presidency had to flee for their lives after the president fired up the crowd and then sat back and watched the putsch from his office. If we don’t send a strong punishment to everyone involved, a putsch will happen again, and again, until they are appropriately punished or succeed.

If you want to live in a nation where you are promised a strong economy and in turn the government is chosen for you, the Chinese Communist Party has a deal for you. Here in America, we value freedom even if it has a cost.

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟301,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A putsch that isn’t appropriately punished is a dress rehearsal. The second and third in line for the presidency had to flee for their lives after the president fired up the crowd and then sat back and watched the putsch from his office. If we don’t send a strong punishment to everyone involved, a putsch will happen again, and again, until they are appropriately punished or succeed.

If you want to live in a nation where you are promised a strong economy and in turn the government is chosen for you, the Chinese Communist Party has a deal for you. Here in America, we value freedom even if it has a cost.
The Biden administration is more in line with the Chinese Communist Party than the Republican Party, although the Republican Party does have some RINOS. If you want to live in a nation with high inflation, a high crime rate, increasing lawlessness, homelessness, sexual perversion and a wide open border (and you call that freedom?) then keep voting Democrat. This goes beyond logic, reason and common sense. This is a spiritual battle for the souls of men and the heart and soul of America.

• Winner
Reactions: rocknanchor
Upvote 0