1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. We are holding our 2022 Angel Ministry Drive now. Please consider signing up, or if you have any questions about being an Angel, use our staff application form. The world needs more prayer now, and it is a great way to help other members of the forums. :) To Apply...click here

Which Way Do You Think the Supreme Court Will Rule?

Discussion in 'Current News & Events (Articles Required)' started by The Narrow Way, Jan 15, 2022.

1. The Narrow Way

The Narrow Way Master Herbalist Supporter

+1,063
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
  2. WolfGate

WolfGate Senior Member Supporter

+1,697
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    He has a really good shot of winning, but I don't think it is a foregone conclusion. The article makes it sound, by stating fans and students could see him praying from the stands, that he was the only one praying. There are a couple of factors that may work against him. One is the district contends all assistant coaches have assigned duties before and after the game and he was neglecting his duties by choosing that time to pray. Second is that he was joined by players, also gave them a talk, and that when he was not at games the players did not gather to pray on their own.

Will be interesting to see where the court comes down. A limited victory for him is possible if he doesn't win outright.

3. The Narrow Way

+1,063
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Interesting...time will tell... It doesn't surprise me that kids wouldn't gather to pray when he wasn't there....

Do they say how long he prayed? I mean, was it 30 seconds or 5 minutes?

4. WolfGate

WolfGate Senior Member Supporter

+1,697
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    During the court case, the timeline indicated it was roughly 30 seconds when he started and it was just him on the field. Stretched longer when players joined and he did his talk to them and lead a prayer.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  5. The Narrow Way

+1,063
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    I'm quite sure if he was MUSLIM, or anything else but a Christian, no one would have said a WORD. Christianity is TRULY under attack!

6. SilverBear

SilverBear Well-Known Member

+3,014
    Non-Denom
    Widowed
    The US court of appeals ruled that he was not engaging in private prayer. Instead, he was engaging in public speech of an overtly religious nature while performing his job duties. It's not that he was praying it was that he was making a spectacle of praying. They further ruled that is the school had continued to allow him to engage in this sort of display they would have been in violation of the Constitution's establishment clause.

There was also testimony from students that they felt that they were expected to join in the prayer and would suffer consequences if they did not IE they had to pray to play.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  7. bèlla

bèlla ❤️ Supporter

+16,605
    United States
    Non-Denom
    In Relationship
    If the coach had a different faith Christians would complain. You can’t have it both ways. If religion is on the table you can’t discriminate. You can’t say Christianity is acceptable while denigrating others.

If coaches are permitted to pray that applies to all belief systems. Not just Christianity.

~bella

8. The Narrow Way

+1,063
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    I really kind of doubt that if the coach was of a different faith, that Christians would complain. I've not seen much of that, have you?

9. bèlla

bèlla ❤️ Supporter

+16,605
    United States
    Non-Denom
    In Relationship
    If he was a different faith and prayed in front of them or had them join in they’d complain. They’d oppose the exposure. That goes both ways. Non Christians may feel the same.

~bella

10. FenderTL5

FenderTL5 864511320 Supporter

+5,062
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    I guess he has his reward. (Mt. 6:6)

11. Brihaha

Brihaha Well-Known Member

+1,155
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    One logical reason we don't often see much of it is likely because Hindus, Jews, Muslims or Satanists seem to respect the barriers between church and state. We see infringement with Christians often. I believe it stems from their false sense of entitlement. I don't think the coach should be fired tho. Unless he's been ordered or warned not to pray on the field. I am grateful for the separation of church and state. I wouldn't want kids subjected to the perverted fringe religions or those Satan worshippers on school property, which would happen if we allowed Christian religions. I think some Americans would like to change our first amendment as it's written now. Alas, we wouldn't be a free country if religion was mandated.

12. The Narrow Way

+1,063
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    I agree, religion should NEVER be mandated :)

13. SilverBear

SilverBear Well-Known Member

+3,014
    Non-Denom
    Widowed