Which Type of Dispensational Are You and Why?

notreligus

Site Supporter
Jun 19, 2006
✟97,792.00
Faith
Non-Denom
1. Partial Dispensational, with Israel and the Church on separate but equal footing and both living under the reign of Christ for 1,000 years.
2. Partial Dispensational, with Israel and the Church as separate and unequal.
The Church’s role during the Millennium is unclear and not defined. It has been suggested that the Church will be servants to Israel. The Scriptures are not clear on this but Rabbinic teaching has been clear that Gentiles are inferior to God’s chosen people.
3. Acts Chapter Two Dispensational, with Israel on the Earth having secured her earthly blessings, while the Church will have been raptured to Heaven before the Tribulation Period begins.
4. Acts Chapter Nine Dispensational, with Israel on the Earth having secured her earthly blessings, while the Church will have been raptured to Heaven before the Tribulation Period begins.
5. Acts Chapter Thirteen Dispensational, with Israel on the Earth having secured her earthly blessings, while the Church will have been raptured to Heaven before the Tribulation Period begins.
6. Acts Chapter Twenty-Eight Dispensational, with Israel on the Earth having secured her earthly blessings, while the Church will have been raptured to Heaven before the Tribulation Period begins.
7. Progessive Dispensational.

Note that positions Three through Six are of the Full Dispensational persuasion. These positions include the belief that Israel and the Church are distinct and under separate programs with separate eternal destinies; i.e. Israel will receive earthly blessings and the Church will receive heavenly blessings.

Which one of these views do you support, and why?

If Dispensationalism is a single system of Bible interpretation, then why are there so many distinctive views within this "single" system?

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1. Partial Dispensational, with Israel and the Church on separate but equal footing and both living under the reign of Christ for 1,000 years.
2. Partial Dispensational, with Israel and the Church as separate and unequal.
The Church’s role during the Millennium is unclear and not defined. It has been suggested that the Church will be servants to Israel. The Scriptures are not clear on this but Rabbinic teaching has been clear that Gentiles are inferior to God’s chosen people.
3. Acts Chapter Two Dispensational, with Israel on the Earth having secured her earthly blessings, while the Church will have been raptured to Heaven before the Tribulation Period begins.
4. Acts Chapter Nine Dispensational, with Israel on the Earth having secured her earthly blessings, while the Church will have been raptured to Heaven before the Tribulation Period begins.
5. Acts Chapter Thirteen Dispensational, with Israel on the Earth having secured her earthly blessings, while the Church will have been raptured to Heaven before the Tribulation Period begins.
6. Acts Chapter Twenty-Eight Dispensational, with Israel on the Earth having secured her earthly blessings, while the Church will have been raptured to Heaven before the Tribulation Period begins.
7. Progessive Dispensational.

Note that positions Three through Six are of the Full Dispensational persuasion. These positions include the belief that Israel and the Church are distinct and under separate programs with separate eternal destinies; i.e. Israel will receive earthly blessings and the Church will receive heavenly blessings.

If Dispensationalism is a single system of Bible interpretation, then why are there so many distinctive views within this "single" system?
Three through six.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
These positions include the belief that Israel and the Church are distinct and under separate programs with separate eternal destinies; i.e. Israel will receive earthly blessings and the Church will receive heavenly blessings.

At one time my wife and I were part of a Church body that supported modern Dispensational Theology. It was found in the churches constitution. We loved the people there and they loved us. We still love them and continue to be a part of a Wednesday night home Bible study group, with some of the same believers.

As believers have compared the doctrine to their Bibles, it became obvious that the original "classic form" of the doctrine could not be defended based on scripture.

Therefore, the doctrine has mutated in an attempt to survive.

It could also be compared to trimming the rot off of a piece of fruit.

If the piece of fruit is already rotten to the core, trimming it will not save it. Instead it should be disposed of.

An understanding of the New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34, and found fulfilled in Hebrews 8:6-13, and specifically applied to the Church in Hebrews 12:18-24 and 2 Corinthians 3:6-8 is devastating to the Two Peoples of God doctrine.

When I could not get my Bible to match the doctrine, some people started to find something wrong with me. Otherwise, they would have to admit that what they were teaching was not scriptural.

I cannot support any New Testament doctrine based on race. Christ broke down the middle wall of separation between all races of people at the Cross. (Matthew 3:9, 1 Timothy 1:4)

He is the Seed of Abraham predicted in Genesis 12:3 and found fulfilled in Matthew 1:1 and Galatians 3:16, 29,

He is the Son who is "heir" to the land in Matthew chapter 21.

His New Covenant is "everlasting" as found in Hebrews 13:20.

Therefore, the "Church Age" does not end 7 years before the Second Coming and God is not going back to the now obsolete Sinai covenant during a future time period of 7 years.
The Old Covenant was fulfilled at the Cross. (John 19:30, Hebrews 8:13)

I cannot support any form of this doctrine, based on what is plainly written in my Bible.

However, based on the Law of Christ, I continue to love my Brothers and Sisters who promote the doctrine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Christie insb
Upvote 0

Paterfamilia

Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Illinois
✟25,679.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
God's relationship with mankind, and to individual men and women is just that - individual, based ultimately on faith and through the blood of Christ.

There is not a single instance of 100% shared experience in the entire history of mankind. So, each individual experience with and relationship to God is fundamentally unique. The blood of Christ makes the way for salvation. Faith in God personalizes it.

I can see dispensational categories being historically relevant, but not much more.

Upvote 0

FaithfulPilgrim

Eternally Seeking
Feb 8, 2015
South Carolina
✟39,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm a progressive dispensationalist as the "Two Peoples of God" teaching of traditional dispensationalism seems to run contrary to the Bible, to me. Yet, I couldn't accept post-trib or non-premillennial positions due to their failure to put emphasis of Israel..

Upvote 0

Jerry Shugart

Apr 16, 2017
San Luis Potosi
✟10,136.00
Country
Mexico
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The present "dispensation of God's grace" began at Acts 13 when Paul was the first to preach the gospel of grace. Here are three quotes from the pen of Paul where he speaks of a "dispensation" that has been committed or given to him:

"If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me toward you" (Eph. 3:2).

"Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God" (Col.1:25).

"...a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me" (1 Cor.9:17).

The "dispensation" which was committed to Paul is in regard to "God's grace", a "ministry", and a "gospel." Here Paul sums up his dispensational responsibility:

"But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God" (Acts 20: 24).

In Bibliotheca Sacra, a journal published by Dallas Theological Seminary, Roy L. Aldrich quotes these three verses (Eph.3:2; Col.1:25; 1 Cor.9:17) and then says, "These passages use the word 'dispensation' (or 'stewardship') to describe the sacred commission or trust to preach the gospel" [emphasis added] (Aldrich, "A New Look at Dispensationalism," Bibliotheca Sacra, January-March, 1963, Vol.120, Number 477, p.43).

There can be no doubt whatsoever that the event which marks the beginning of the "dispensation of grace" is the preaching of the "gospel of grace."

• Agree
Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The present "dispensation of God's grace" began at Acts 13 when Paul was the first to preach the gospel of grace. Here are three quotes from the pen of Paul where he speaks of a "dispensation" that has been committed or given to him:

"If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me toward you" (Eph. 3:2).

"Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God" (Col.1:25).

"...a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me" (1 Cor.9:17).

The "dispensation" which was committed to Paul is in regard to "God's grace", a "ministry", and a "gospel." Here Paul sums up his dispensational responsibility:

"But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God" (Acts 20: 24).

In Bibliotheca Sacra, a journal published by Dallas Theological Seminary, Roy L. Aldrich quotes these three verses (Eph.3:2; Col.1:25; 1 Cor.9:17) and then says, "These passages use the word 'dispensation' (or 'stewardship') to describe the sacred commission or trust to preach the gospel" [emphasis added] (Aldrich, "A New Look at Dispensationalism," Bibliotheca Sacra, January-March, 1963, Vol.120, Number 477, p.43).

There can be no doubt whatsoever that the event which marks the beginning of the "dispensation of grace" is the preaching of the "gospel of grace."

From the NKJV

Gentiles Hear the Good News

Act 10:34  Then Peter opened his mouth and said: "In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality. 
Act 10:35  But in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him. 
Act 10:36  The word which God sent to the children of Israel, preaching peace through Jesus Christ—He is Lord of all— 
Act 10:37  that word you know, which was proclaimed throughout all Judea, and began from Galilee after the baptism which John preached: 
Act 10:38  how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him. 
Act 10:39  And we are witnesses of all things which He did both in the land of the Jews and in Jerusalem, whom they killed by hanging on a tree. 
Act 10:40  Him God raised up on the third day, and showed Him openly, 
Act 10:41  not to all the people, but to witnesses chosen before by God, even to us who ate and drank with Him after He arose from the dead. 
Act 10:42  And He commanded us to preach to the people, and to testify that it is He who was ordained by God to be Judge of the living and the dead. 
Act 10:43  To Him all the prophets witness that, through His name, whoever believes in Him will receive remission of sins." 

The Holy Spirit Falls on the Gentiles

Act 10:44  While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all those who heard the word. 
Act 10:45  And those of the circumcision who believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles also. 
Act 10:46  For they heard them speak with tongues and magnify God. Then Peter answered, 
Act 10:47  "Can anyone forbid water, that these should not be baptized who have received the Holy Spirit just as we have?" 
Act 10:48  And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then they asked him to stay a few days. 

Upvote 0

Jerry Shugart

Apr 16, 2017
San Luis Potosi
✟10,136.00
Country
Mexico
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Cornelius heard and believed the gospel which previously been preached only to the Jews. Paul was the Apostle of the Gentiles and he was the first to preach the gospel of grace to the Gentiles and that happened at Acts 13.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Cornelius heard and believed the gospel which previously been preached only to the Jews. Paul was the Apostle of the Gentiles and he was the first to preach the gospel of grace to the Gentiles and that happened at Acts 13.

Are you saying Cornelius was not a Gentile?

Was the woman at the well in John chapter 4, a Jew?

Upvote 0

Jerry Shugart

Apr 16, 2017
San Luis Potosi
✟10,136.00
Country
Mexico
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you saying Cornelius was not a Gentile?

I am saying that the gospel which was preached to Cornelius was the same gospel which had been preached to the Jews (Acts 10:37). That is not the same gospel which Paul refers to here which he preached to the Gentiles:

"But when God, who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not consult any man, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went immediately into Arabia and later returned to Damascus" (Gal.1:15-17).​

When Paul received a gospel from the Lord Jesus on the Damascus road he immediately went to Damascus (Acts 9:6-8) and then preached to the Jews that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God (Acts 9:20-22). But when he received the gospel which he preached among the Gentiles he went immediately into Arabia. That can only mean that two different gospels were preached during the Acts period.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am saying that the gospel which was preached to Cornelius was the same gospel which had been preached to the Jews (Acts 10:37). That is not the same gospel which Paul refers to here which he preached to the Gentiles:

"But when God, who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not consult any man, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went immediately into Arabia and later returned to Damascus" (Gal.1:15-17).​

When Paul received a gospel from the Lord Jesus on the Damascus road he immediately went to Damascus (Acts 9:6-8) and then preached to the Jews that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God (Acts 9:20-22). But when he received the gospel which he preached among the Gentiles he went immediately into Arabia. That can only mean that two different gospels were preached during the Acts period.

How do you explain the following passage about another Gospel?

No Other Gospel (subtitle from the NKJV)

Gal 1:6  I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, 

Gal 1:7  which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. 

Gal 1:8  But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. 

Gal 1:9  As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed. 

Gal 1:10  For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ.

Was Peter to be condemned it he preached a different Gospel? 

Is there more than one New Covenant?

Mat 26:28  For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. 

Heb 8:6  But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.
(present tense during the first century)

Heb 8:7  For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second. 
Heb 8:8  Because finding fault with them, He says: "BEHOLD, THE DAYS ARE COMING, SAYS THE LORD, WHEN I WILL MAKE A NEW COVENANT WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH— (This uppercase text is copied from Jeremiah 31:31-34)

Heb 8:9  NOT ACCORDING TO THE COVENANT THAT I MADE WITH THEIR FATHERS IN THE DAY WHEN I TOOK THEM BY THE HAND TO LEAD THEM OUT OF THE LAND OF EGYPT; BECAUSE THEY DID NOT CONTINUE IN MY COVENANT, AND I DISREGARDED THEM, SAYS THE LORD. 
Heb 8:10  FOR THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AFTER THOSE DAYS, SAYS THE LORD: I WILL PUT MY LAWS IN THEIR MIND AND WRITE THEM ON THEIR HEARTS; AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE. 
Heb 8:11  NONE OF THEM SHALL TEACH HIS NEIGHBOR, AND NONE HIS BROTHER, SAYING, 'KNOW THE LORD,' FOR ALL SHALL KNOW ME, FROM THE LEAST OF THEM TO THE GREATEST OF THEM. 
Heb 8:12  FOR I WILL BE MERCIFUL TO THEIR UNRIGHTEOUSNESS, AND THEIR SINS AND THEIR LAWLESS DEEDS I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE." 
Heb 8:13  In that He says, "A NEW COVENANT," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away. 
(present tense during the first century)

Do you believe modern Jews will be saved in the future through the "obsolete" Old Covenant?

Below we have the New Covenant specifically applied to the Church.

Heb 12:22  But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels, 
Heb 12:23  to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect, 
Heb 12:24  to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.

2Co 3:6  who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. 
2Co 3:7  But if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away, 
(Above Paul describes the Old Covenant as a "ministry of death written on stones.")

2Co 3:8  how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious? 

Is there a difference between the ministry of the Spirit poured out on the Israelites present on the Day of Pentecost (Acts 2:36) and the ministry of the Spirit Paul is describing above in his letter to the Corinthians?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jerry Shugart

Apr 16, 2017
San Luis Potosi
✟10,136.00
Country
Mexico
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How do you explain the following passage about another Gospel?

Paul does not say that there is only one gospel. He knew that there were two gospels and he also knew that those preaching the other gospel would not be preaching that gospel to the Gentiles:

"...they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter...when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision" (Gal.2:7,9).

So there is nothing written at Galatians 1:6-8 that proves that only one gospel was preached during the Acts period.

To the Jews was preached the gospel that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. Those who believed that gospel were saved (Jn.20:30-31; 1 Jn.5:1-5).

To the Gentiles it was the word of reconciliation which was preached, the good news which is centered on the fact that the Lord Jesus died for our sins and He was made "to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him" (2 Cor.5:21).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul does not say that there is only one gospel. He knew that there were two gospels and he also knew that those preaching the other gospel would not be preaching that gospel to the Gentiles:

"...they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter...when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision" (Gal.2:7,9).

So there is nothing written at Galatians 1:6-8 that proves that only one gospel was preached during the Acts period.

To the Jews was preached the gospel that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. Those who believed that gospel were saved (Jn.20:30-31; 1 Jn.5:1-5).

To the Gentiles it was the word of reconciliation which was preached, the good news which is centered on the fact that the Lord Jesus died for our sins and He was made "to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him" (2 Cor.5:21).

How many New Covenants were fulfilled by the Blood of Christ at Calvary?

Jer_31:31  "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— (found fulfilled in Hebrews 8:6-13)

Mat_26:28  For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Mar_14:24  And He said to them, "This is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many.

Luk_22:20  Likewise He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you.

1Co_11:25  In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me."

2Co_3:6  who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Heb_8:8  Because finding fault with them, He says: "BEHOLD, THE DAYS ARE COMING, SAYS THE LORD, WHEN I WILL MAKE A NEW COVENANT WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH—(from Jeremiah chapter 31)

Heb_8:13  In that He says, "A NEW COVENANT," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(in the present tense during the first century)

Heb_9:15  And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.

Heb 12:22  But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels, 
Heb 12:23  to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect,
 Heb_12:24  to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.

NKJV

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
While I would classify myself as an Acts 2 Dispensationalist, I do not see any basic and essential difference between the various Acts chapter __ Dispensationalisms.

The core of Dispensational doctrine is believing ALL of the Bible, exactly as the Holy Spirit gave it through various human instruments. Thus, we simply believe all te ancient promises made to the nation of Israel, and to the sub-nations of Judah and Ephraim, as well as to the city of Jerusalem and to the piece of real estate occupied by the nation of Israel in ancient times. These promises are explicitly stated, in language too clear to misunderstand. And we contend that it is rank unbelief to doubt that they mean what they explicitly say.

We also believe every word of the New Testament, and we do not see even one point of disagreement between ANY New Testament passage and the promises made to this ancient nation and to their land. ALL the imagined disagreement comes from Interpreting various New testament passages to mean things they simply never explicitly say. Our detractors continually claim that such-and-such cannot actually mean what it says because such-and-such other pasage says so-and-so, and that means....

But as soon as they add, or imply, the words "and that means... ," their argument passes from the realm of scripture to the realm of interpretation.

Upvote 0

Danoh

Oct 11, 2011
✟40,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Nope, Jer - Paul had a Gentile ministry BEFORE Acts 13...

Acts 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel: 9:16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

9:28 And he was with them coming in and going out at Jerusalem. 9:29 And he spake boldly in the name of the Lord Jesus, and disputed against the Grecians: but they went about to slay him. 9:30 Which when the brethren knew, they brought him down to Caesarea, and sent him forth to Tarsus. 9:31 Then had the churches rest throughout all Judaea and Galilee and Samaria, and were edified; and walking in the fear of the Lord, and in the comfort of the Holy Ghost, were multiplied.

It says there IN ACTS 9:30 that he left for Tarsus.

Where was that? In Cilicia....

Acts 21:39 But Paul said, I am a man which am a Jew of Tarsus, a city in Cilicia, a citizen of no mean city: and, I beseech thee, suffer me to speak unto the people.

And that Acts 9 account is basically repeated by Paul in the following...

Galatians 1:18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days. 1:19 But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother. 1:20 Now the things which I write unto you, behold, before God, I lie not. 1:21 Afterwards I came into the regions of Syria and Cilicia; 1:22 And was unknown by face unto the churches of Judaea which were in Christ: 1:23 But they had heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now preacheth the faith which once he destroyed. 1:24 And they glorified God in me.

So he was in Syria and Cilicia, back in Acts 9.

Which is where Barnabas goes to find him in...

Acts 11:25 Then departed Barnabas to Tarsus, for to seek Saul:

Now note who the letter described in Acts 15 was sent to, after the dispute over whether Gentiles had to submit to Circumcision and keep the Law, was settled...

Acts 15:22 Then pleased it the apostles and elders, with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas; namely, Judas surnamed Barsabas, and Silas, chief men among the brethren: 15:23 And they wrote letters by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia:

You see that - Gentiles in Syria and Cilicia who had neither been required to submit to Circumcision, nor to keep the Law.

15:24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment: 15:25 It seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul, 15:26 Men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

And remember how that in 11:25, Barnabas had gone to that area for to seek Paul?

Apparantly, he spent some time there with Paul with said Gentiles....

15:36 And some days after Paul said unto Barnabas, Let us go again and visit our brethren in every city where we have preached the word of the LORD, and see how they do.

15:40 And Paul chose Silas, and departed, being recommended by the brethren unto the grace of God. 15:41 And he went through Syria and Cilicia, confirming the churches.

In short, Paul's and Barnabas' separation in Acts 13, had merely been a public witness they had been separated unto God for that purpose, earlier per...

Acts 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel: 9:16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

Acts 13:1 Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul. 13:2 As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them. 13:3 And when they had fasted and prayed, and laid their hands on them, they sent them away. 13:4 So they, being sent forth by the Holy Ghost, departed unto Seleucia; and from thence they sailed to Cyprus.

• Winner
Upvote 0

5thKingdom

Mar 23, 2015
✟35,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
At one time my wife and I were part of a Church body that supported modern Dispensational Theology. It was found in the churches constitution. We loved the people there and they loved us. We still love them and continue to be a part of a Wednesday night home Bible study group, with some of the same believers.

As believers have compared the doctrine to their Bibles, it became obvious that the original "classic form" of the doctrine could not be defended based on scripture.

Therefore, the doctrine has mutated in an attempt to survive.

It could also be compared to trimming the rot off of a piece of fruit.

If the piece of fruit is already rotten to the core, trimming it will not save it. Instead it should be disposed of.

An understanding of the New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34, and found fulfilled in Hebrews 8:6-13, and specifically applied to the Church in Hebrews 12:18-24 and 2 Corinthians 3:6-8 is devastating to the Two Peoples of God doctrine.

When I could not get my Bible to match the doctrine, some people started to find something wrong with me. Otherwise, they would have to admit that what they were teaching was not scriptural.

I cannot support any New Testament doctrine based on race. Christ broke down the middle wall of separation between all races of people at the Cross. (Matthew 3:9, 1 Timothy 1:4)

He is the Seed of Abraham predicted in Genesis 12:3 and found fulfilled in Matthew 1:1 and Galatians 3:16, 29,

He is the Son who is "heir" to the land in Matthew chapter 21.

His New Covenant is "everlasting" as found in Hebrews 13:20.

Therefore, the "Church Age" does not end 7 years before the Second Coming and God is not going back to the now obsolete Sinai covenant during a future time period of 7 years.
The Old Covenant was fulfilled at the Cross. (John 19:30, Hebrews 8:13)

I cannot support any form of this doctrine, based on what is plainly written in my Bible.

However, based on the Law of Christ, I continue to love my Brothers and Sisters who promote the doctrine.

How does this work....

The First "Kingdom of Heaven" on earth was the (1st) Pre-Flood Kingdom containing all the Saints
from Adam to Noah. When that kingdom was finished all living Saints were "harvested" into the
Second "Kingdom of Heaven" on earth, the (2nd) Jewish Kingdom containing all the Saints living
in national Israel [Mat 22:2]. When that Kingdom was finished all living Saints were "harvested"
into the Third "Kingdom of Heaven" on earth, the (3rd) Christian Kingdom as the Saints were
"harvested" as they followed the Lord Jesus Christ.

The Fourth "Kingdom of Heaven" begins when the "ten virgins" follow the person commonly called the Anti-Christ
into the Great Tribulation [Mat 25:1] and ends when the Lord Returns to establish the (5th) Eternal "Kingdom of Heaven"
[Mat 5 and 7 and 8 and 19]

The New Testament NAMES each of these "Kingdoms of Heaven" except the Pre-Flood Kingdom from Adam to Noah.
And history (reality) confirms this sequence.... so you have harmony of Scripture confirmed by history/reality....
how cool is that?

Upvote 0

5thKingdom

Mar 23, 2015
✟35,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God's relationship with mankind, and to individual men and women is just that - individual, based ultimately on faith and through the blood of Christ.

There is not a single instance of 100% shared experience in the entire history of mankind. So, each individual experience with and relationship to God is fundamentally unique. The blood of Christ makes the way for salvation. Faith in God personalizes it.

I can see dispensational categories being historically relevant, but not much more.

I see a significant and relevant difference between the (1st) Pre-Flood Kingdom (Adam to Noah)
and the (2nd) Jewish "Kingdom of Heaven" [Mat 22:2] and a significant difference in their Gospels.
I see a significant difference with the (3rd) Christian "Kingdom of Heaven" [Mat 13] and the Gospel
of the Christian Kingdom added "new treasure" to the Gospel of the Jewish Kingdom.

Clearly, the Gospel of the (4th) Great Tribulation "Kingdom of Heaven" [Mat 25:1] is also different
from the previous Kingdoms. And, of course, when the Lord Returns at the Seventh Trumpet,
to establish the (5th) Eternal "Kingdom of Heaven" [Mat 5 and 7 and 8 and 19] the Last Saints
will be preaching "new treasure" also. In fact, that's what Daniel 12:8-10 promises and that'is
what Matthew 24:15,33] promises.

I am not a math genius but I count five (5) separate "Kingdoms of Heaven" from a historical perspective and
from a Scriptural basis - since the New Testament NAMES four of the five "Kingdoms of Heaven" and
we can figure the (2nd) Jewish Kingdom followed the (1st) Pre-Flood Kingdom.

What am I missing?

Upvote 0