The Road to Damascus, Virginia U.S.A.
✟73,745.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
:hi: I'm shopping around for a new study or reference Bible, and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations.
So far I'm leaning towards the Dakes KJV or the Rainbow KJV.
I've also considered printing out a KJV and making my own "loose leaf" Bible.

Thank you and God bless! :)

DMW

Feb 4, 2005
Michigan
✟16,680.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Dakes is awesome. I also really like the Spirit Filled Life Study Bible. This is the one that is edited by Jack Hayford. It strongly supports pentecostal doctrines and even has Word of Faith input. Also available in New King James, my favorite. I use Dake's on my Bible program on the computer. That, along with his "God's Plan For Man" (also on the computer), are very valuable tools for me.

Reactions: Allen1901
Upvote 0

Allen1901

King's Knight
Nov 1, 2008
✟73,745.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Dakes is awesome. I also really like the Spirit Filled Life Study Bible. This is the one that is edited by Jack Hayford. It strongly supports pentecostal doctrines and even has Word of Faith input. Also available in New King James, my favorite. I use Dake's on my Bible program on the computer. That, along with his "God's Plan For Man" (also on the computer), are very valuable tools for me.

Thank you for the feedback. I'll take a look at the "Spirit filled Life" Bible.

God Bless! :)

Upvote 0

KingZzub

Blessed to Be A Blessing
Dec 23, 2005
Dagenham
Visit site
✟19,473.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
McArthur - grrrr!

I recommend everyone have a Dake's and have a read through it. You will not agree with every conclusion the man comes to (he is an old earth creationist for one) but he is thorough and always goes back to the text.

Upvote 0

bobznew

Apr 19, 2004
South Mississippi
✟16,462.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My personal D.R. (Daily Reader) is Nelson's NKJV Study Bible. Really like it a lot. I also have the Spirit Filled Life Bible in NKJV, as does my wife. It is a really good one too.

Back in "the day", I was hooked on the NIV Study Bible. But that was before someone came along and lovingly pointed out in the name of Jesus that I was reading the translation that Satan himself authored. :doh:

Upvote 0

Jedi.Kep

Jul 30, 2009
Earth
✟16,160.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
:hi: I'm shopping around for a new study or reference Bible, and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations.

Last year, I grabbed a New King James study Bible from Thomas Nelson and it has been pretty good. I like the NKJV because it keeps some of the sentence structure of the KJV, but loses the Thee's and Thou's.

I've heard good things about Dake's but I've never looked at one for myself. I've never heard of the 'Rainbow KJV'. What is that?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jedi.Kep

Jul 30, 2009
Earth
✟16,160.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My personal D.R. (Daily Reader) is Nelson's NKJV Study Bible. Really like it a lot. I also have the Spirit Filled Life Bible in NKJV, as does my wife. It is a really good one too.

Back in "the day", I was hooked on the NIV Study Bible. But that was before someone came along and lovingly pointed out in the name of Jesus that I was reading the translation that Satan himself authored. :doh:

I cut my spiritual teeth on the NIV student study bible, but then I had the same 'revelation' that you did.

NIV=Non Inspired Version.:dead:

Upvote 0

KingZzub

Blessed to Be A Blessing
Dec 23, 2005
Dagenham
Visit site
✟19,473.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
I couldn't ever have a Rainbow Bible. Essentially Jedi it is a Bible where someone has highlighted all the important stuff for you. No need to have your own highlighter, it is all done before hand. In about a zillion different colors each meaning something different - hence Rainbow Bible.

I prefer to do my own highlighting and annotating.

Upvote 0

Allen1901

King's Knight
Nov 1, 2008
✟73,745.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Just a quick update:
I bought an electronic Bible. So far I'm loving it! :)

royalbible.jpg

God Bless! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Shepherd1
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
M

MrBojangles

There is a study Bible called "Logo International Study Bible" which was published by Logos International in Plainfield NJ back in the early 70s. I bought one back then, but lost it during moving. They went out of business in the mid 70s and I searched for years to find another. I was fortunate to find two! One hardcover and one leather. It is by far the best Study Bible ever made! There are huge amounts of references, cross references, variant readings, notes, studies, etc etc...
If you can find one... I highly recommend it to anyone looking!
I have had a Dakes and a Thompson for many years and I enjoy reading them, but for pure unbiased study - Logos Internations Study Bible.

"...The editors displayed an unusual amount of care to avoid any bias or appearance of bias in their choice of readings, explicitly including the commentaries of recognized experts from streams of Biblical scholarship with which the editors personally disagreed...."

Keep you eyes open on Amazon because they have copies once in a while.

Be aware this Bible has no connection to the current Bible software that goes by a similar title.

Upvote 0