New Mexico, USA
✟7,754.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
:p Alright I had to ask, if you were given the chance to conduct (in a way) one Sunday Morning (or Evening!) Service, which songs (hymms) would put into the service? Mind you there is a theme. Your theme for that Sunday is suffering pain (and knowing that God is there). I know I'm random but hey. I ask myself this every sunday to different themes... so give it a try!!! (WARNING: may add other themes about God later on in thread :angel::clap::hug::thumbsup: )

B

bbbbbbb

Good question. Because my church has a distinct Sunday morning service for communuion in which we are free to select hymns, I often think of similar things, although in a more limited range. We have a particular hymnal full of hymns appropriate for worship and remembrance. Frequently there are themes, so I see our mutual effort at worship as being a team effort in which we can pass the ball and keep a theme going, either with scripture, prayer, or hymns. We also use the Psalter (the book of Psalms set to music.

Given your particular theme, I would choose the following:

Psalm 22 (in its entirety)
The Lamb of God to Slaughter Led
He Was Wounded (from Isaiah 53)
When I Survey the Wondrous Cross
We Sing the Praise of Him Who Died
O Lord, When We Thy Path Retrace
Extended Upon the Accursed Tree

Those are just seven that spring to mind. I am sure other have lots more. Thanks for starting a new thread.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.