United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi everyone

Today I’m having anxiety,and it’s over a fear I’ve committed apostasy,but this is different than that of falling away into atheism,I’m afraid I’ve committed heretical apostasy.

What I mean by this is I for about a year and a half accepted the “Lordship salvation view” and it hasn’t brought me comfort or assurance,not also to mention I’ve been raised in a “Free grace” theological family.And when I first really started being devoted to God and Jesus is till had sin prevalent in my life, but now I have a lot of anxiety wether I’m saved,an apostate,or a Christian at all.

I cry and cry at the thought of living without Jesus.He is my life,he’s done so much for me,but then I go to worry that “what if Jesus hasn’t been in my life?,what if I’m just deceived?!”

Im afraid that by accepting Lordship salvation theology for a bit,I’m a heretic.I’m even more scared because of intrusive thoughts I face that sound like I have a rebellious atheist personality which doesn’t worry but scare and panic me.

My question is,Which view is right?

Lordship salvation or Free grace

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone

Today I’m having anxiety,and it’s over a fear I’ve committed apostasy,but this is different than that of falling away into atheism,I’m afraid I’ve committed heretical apostasy.

What I mean by this is I for about a year and a half accepted the “Lordship salvation view” and it hasn’t brought me comfort or assurance,not also to mention I’ve been raised in a “Free grace” theological family.And when I first really started being devoted to God and Jesus is till had sin prevalent in my life, but now I have a lot of anxiety wether I’m saved,an apostate,or a Christian at all.

I cry and cry at the thought of living without Jesus.He is my life,he’s done so much for me,but then I go to worry that “what if Jesus hasn’t been in my life?,what if I’m just deceived?!”

Im afraid that by accepting Lordship salvation theology for a bit,I’m a heretic.I’m even more scared because of intrusive thoughts I face that sound like I have a rebellious atheist personality which doesn’t worry but scare and panic me.

I belive there is a third option as both of these have theological distortions. Believe in Jesus Christ of Nazareth and receive His Holy Spirit. This is the WAY.
Blessings

• Agree
Reactions: Blaise N
Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I don't know what is meant by Lordship salvation, but I have struggled with similar problems. I also have anxiety and intrusive thoughts. I take medication and it helps.

When I'm struggling through issues like this, I try to remind myself of my mental health challenges and that is likely the source of the doubts, questions, and fears. I go back to the Scriptures that convinced me of the truth that I have believed during times of better mental health. I also do as you have done ad reach out to other Christians online and in person.

I believe in God's grace and cling to the idea that he isn't going to condemn me and he understands that my mental state isn't always what it should be.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone

Whatever view is correct isn’t the bigger issue. Those are things we can discuss and debate. The important thing is to repent of your sins and believe in the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ for the forgiveness of your sins.

Hammster
Stanch Calvinist

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What does your pastor have to say about it?

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
m afraid that by accepting Lordship salvation theology for a bit,I’m a heretic.I’m even more scared because of intrusive thoughts I face that sound like I have a rebellious atheist personality which doesn’t worry but scare and panic me.

All theology is fallible mans attempt at explaining God from mans limited understanding.

As far as God is concerned you are one of his children and are greatly loved and valued as a co heir with Jesus.

So if your theology is not 110% correct, God knows the intent of your heart and soul.

Keep concentrating on what is Good about God and your salvation, keep praising and thanking him for the increadible grace and love that caused him to save you.

Remember you didn't choose God/Jesus, he chose and saved you.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
D Martyn Lloyd-Jones said, "There is no such person as a good Christian. We are all vile people who are saved by the grace of God."

Charles Spurgeon said, "I am just a poor sinner and nothing at all, but Jesus Christ is my all in all."

The Apostle Paul said, "There is nothing good in me, that is in my flesh."

The hymn writer said, "Nothing in my hands I bring, but simply to the Cross I cling."

When we come to the point where we accept that there is nothing in us that would commend us to God or have any merit with Him, then we know that Jesus is the only One who has the words of eternal life, and we cling to Him as our only hope of salvation.

Paul said, "We are saved by the grace of God, through faith [in Christ] and not of ourselves, but it is the gift of God; not of works lest any should boast."

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone

Grace is always free-but that never meant a free ride to heaven in spite of what we do. We now have the grace to be who we were created to be, by virtue of union with God, entered into via faith. If we believe in, hope in, and love Him, we'll live like it.

• Agree
Reactions: Blaise N
Upvote 0

Gabriel05

Feb 1, 2022
West Texas
✟7,833.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone

Hi everyone

Hi Blaise. I was saved at the age of 24 Lordship Salvation wasn’t even around then John McAurther was unhappy with the commitment of those in his Church. He took a sabbatical and came back with a different Gospel about 1986. His new Gospel mixed the errors of Hyper Calvinism, Galatianism and Holiness movement of the 1800,s We had always had fringe Church’s that taught this Salvation by Works. But suddenly it became main stream

A few years after I was saved I got into the same error as you. The more I learned about the nature of Gods holiness the The more I realized I in no way could live up to it The 10 commandments are a shadow of true Holiness. Jesus gave just a few examples of True Holiness in his sermon on the Mount After hearing this the Apostles ask Jesus Who could possibly be saved then?

The answer of course is no one can be saved based on their Holiness. The Apostle Paul said his own Holiness is like filthy rags before God. He is crushed by his sinfulness in Romans 7. In Romans 8 he comes out triumphant Thanks be to Christ Jesus there is now no longer any condemnation for those who have are in Christ Jesus

We are saved by putting our faith in Jesus for our Salvation. Giving up on our own works to save ourself. God gives grace to the humble but resists the proud The Religious righteous Pharisees was rejected by God Trusting in his own Holiness The Tax collector was so ashamed of himself he couldn’t even lift his eyes toward Heaven. Instead he beat his breast and said be merciful to me a sinner. He went away justified in the site of God

Horrible thoughts even deprived thoughts and bad actins. We still have the Sin Nature Flesh and Satan is constantly putting bad thoughts in our mind. Fear, worry bad thought. Those are from our enemy. Recognize where the thoughts are coming from cast them down when they enter the mind and think on Holy Things

The issue where does Lordship Salvation vs Grace by faith come in. We are saved by Faith through Grace. We either believe God accept his promise of Salvation through the sacrifice of his Son or we don’t. Those who believe are instantly indwelled by the Holy Spirit. Our comforter Counselor and promise of salvation. Those who don’t are not saved

So yes if you put your Faith in Jesus for Salvation you are saved eternally. We have nothing to give to God Our vows promises and commitment are worthless All you did was get into error with lordship salvation. It’s not uncommon for a Christian who wants to do better. You lived through all the fear, anxiety and confusion that comes with it. It will take time to get past the errors. Took me almost 2 years. Gradually renewing our mind daily. Then you will be prepared to minister to those living in the same nightmare you are trying to get out of

Conversely Lordship Salvation will not save It’s another Gospel. Which is no Gospel at all. Bartering committing making vows to live a Holy life in exchange for salvation Another Gospel that will not save. We are saved by putting our faith in Christ not by committing ourself or reformation. Which is at the Heart of every false religion

Hope this helped some

Upvote 0