Which political party is more consistent with scriptural teaching?

Which political party is more consistent with scriptural teaching?

• The Republican Party

• The Democratic Party

Results are only viewable after voting.

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟448,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think the poll could have been better with a "neither one" option. :wave:
tulc(never very comfortable with just two options with questions like this) ;)

Seeing as how that is the correct answer, yep.

Upvote 0

jmldn2

Site Supporter
Nov 20, 2013
✟85,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
NOT BY MANY -- NOT BY MANY
Actually by no one I know.

Who really said that?
One person?
Who?

M-Bob

No matter what was said against/about Obama, nothing is equal to what has been said about Trump, his wife, his family and his supporters. The left can claim all they want. There have been those on the left showing Trump with his head severed, some have called (albeit subtly) on the left for his demise, outright threats have been made on his person. Now that is monstrous and should be prosecuted.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No matter what was said against/about Obama, nothing is equal to what has been said about Trump, his wife, his family and his supporters. The left can claim all they want. There have been those on the left showing Trump with his head severed, some have called (albeit subtly) on the left for his demise, outright threats have been made on his person. Now that is monstrous and should be prosecuted.

Despite a spate of White House security breaches and other attention-grabbing stunts, there has been no change in the number of threats to directed at President Trump during his first five months in office as compared to his predecessor Barack Obama, according to the Secret Service.

On average, agents have been pursuing six to eight threat reports each day, the new Secret Service Director Randolph "Tex" Alles told reporters Thursday.

That number that has remained relatively consistent for the past decade, regardless of the officeholder, the retired Marine Corps major general said in his first briefing since his appointment by Trump in April.

Secret Service: Trump faces same number of threats as Obama

Upvote 0

jmldn2

Site Supporter
Nov 20, 2013
✟85,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married

Have you been watching the lame stream media? Have you seen comments on social media? Have you heard words from Hollywood? If the secret service doesn't call any of such mantra as threatening, doesn't mean they aren't. It is disgraceful for any president as leader of the free world to have such hatred and vitriol spewed forth towards him, his family, his followers.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you been watching the lame stream media? Have you seen comments on social media? Have you heard words from Hollywood? If the secret service doesn't call any of such mantra as threatening, doesn't mean they aren't. It is disgraceful for any president as leader of the free world to have such hatred and vitriol spewed forth towards him, his family, his followers.

Have you not been reading the examples already posted in this thread of what had been said about Obama?

Upvote 0

jmldn2

Site Supporter
Nov 20, 2013
✟85,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Have you not been reading the examples already posted in this thread of what had been said about Obama?

Did you read both of my posts? I said Obama had bad things said about him. I also said that no president should have such things said about them. That still does not prove your point that Trump hasn't been treated any worse. No president, including Obama, has been treated like Trump. NO media has EVER treated a president like they have Trump. Hollywood has NEVER treated anyone like they have Trump.

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Did you read both of my posts? I said Obama had bad things said about him. I also said that no president should have such things said about them. That still does not prove your point that Trump hasn't been treated any worse. No president, including Obama, has been treated like Trump. NO media has EVER treated a president like they have Trump. Hollywood has NEVER treated anyone like they have Trump.

"Although we live in a democracy, cult behavior manifests itself in our unwillingness to question the judgment of our leaders, our tendency to devalue outsiders and to avoid dissent."
- Lucy Patrick 1990

Trump supporters take on more of the characteristics of a "political cult" rather than informed citizens whose opinions are based on a critical examination of the facts!

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

And Trump has never had Congressmen stand up in the chamber, interrupting a speech to call him a liar to his face. He's never had elected officials accosting him in public to berate him and shake their fingers within inches of his face.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(snip) NO media has EVER treated a president like they have Trump. (snip)
oh I don't know:
mar2015_m03_lincolnreputation.jpg
or this:
Lessons of Abraham Lincoln's war with the press: Commentary
In 1862 the Chicago Times deemed President Abraham Lincoln an "irresolute, vacillating imbecile." To the Charleston Mercury he was "the Orang-Outang at the White House."

The New York Herald considered James Polk "ridiculous, contemptible and forlorn" — and Polk was the candidate whom the Herald endorsed.
tulc(is just sayn') :sorry:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
No matter what was said against/about Obama, nothing is equal to what has been said about Trump, his wife, his family and his supporters. The left can claim all they want.

Well now that is true. Their treatment is entirely unequal. Trump spent about 5 years on an idiotic, racist conspiracy theory bullying Obama. It was disgraceful of Trump but his base, oh they just loved it. I lived near folks who bought up every word of it. Trump put Obama's young children, his wife, at risk. Obama did not treat Trump equally whatsoever, he gave him far more respect than earned. Donald J Trump has earned the contempt he has received.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well now that is true. Their treatment is entirely unequal. Trump spent about 5 years on an idiotic, racist conspiracy theory bullying Obama. It was disgraceful of Trump but his base, oh they just loved it. I lived near folks who bought up every word of it. Trump put Obama's young children, his wife, at risk. Obama did not treat Trump equally whatsoever, he gave him far more respect than earned. Donald J Trump has earned the contempt he has received.

We shouldn't forget how Trump use to rip Obama and criticize him for his golfing habits. But as it turns out Trump has been golfing more in the two years he's been president than Obama in the eight years he was the president. I seem to remember how Trump said he wouldn't have time to golf.

Trump's Golf Count

President Trump's visits to the golf course outpace Barack Obama's

The 27 times Donald Trump tweeted about Barack Obama playing golf too much

• Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
No matter what was said against/about Obama, nothing is equal to what has been said about Trump, his wife, his family and his supporters.

Obviously, there were people who said equally evil things against both presidents. But neither Obama nor any of his appointees said anything remotely as bad about Trump as Trump said about Obama. Yes, he finally admitted that his birther claims were lies. But he didn't apologize for it.

There have been those on the right showing Obama as an ape, as being lynched, and so on. Some have on the right have called for his murder and outright threats have been made on his person. One particularly prominent Trump supporter called Obama a "subhuman mongrel" Trump himself repeatedly suggested that Hillary Clinton should be assassinated. Now that is monstrous and should be prosecuted.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Just like the poll shows Republicans by a mile. More of them (higher %) believe in and read the bible.

M-Bob

I remember Jesus getting into a few verbal disputes with people who "believe in and read the bible". He didn't much care about how religious they tried to make themselves looked. You tithe your dill and cumin? Rad, but what about your neighbor?

The Son of Man came eating and drinking and they called Him a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of sinners and tax collectors. Perhaps His followers should try acting like Him instead of like the people He declared children of the devil.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Son of Man came eating and drinking and they called Him a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of sinners and tax collectors. Perhaps His followers should try acting like Him instead of like the people He declared children of the devil.

-CryptoLutheran

Self-examination
M-Bob

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Not to mention blowing a hole through the "Trump has it worse!" narrative in this thread.

Trump is notoriously whiny and prone to claim he's being persecuted. In spite of Obama being hit with worse slurs and name-calling, Trump continues to play the victim card.

• Agree
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0