Which political party is more consistent with scriptural teaching?

Which political party is more consistent with scriptural teaching?

• The Republican Party

• The Democratic Party

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you want to know what political stance Jesus would take today, consider the political position He took during His ministry on Earth.

Oh wait... He didn't take one. Oh Well.

That reasoning came to my mind while I was initially writing my now edited post above. If I remember correctly, some of His followers tried to force His hand in political issues, but He didn't allow it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,651.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thatreasoning came to my mind while I was initially writing my now edited post above. If I remember correctly, some of His followers tried to force His hand in political issues, but He didn't allow it.

See my post #69

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
If you believe the Democrats have evil within themselves, why would you vote for an evil party, then?
"How could a great and almighty God not ensure that they (Confederates) achieved their worthy objective? So firmly were they convinced of a divine sanction for slavery, so resolved were they that God would endorse those in a struggle for civil liberty, that for the men of 1861, the war took on elements of a crusade."
- General Lee's Army pp. 38

Just as Southerners during the Civil War were firmly convinced that God was a Confederate, today's conservatives now believe that HE is a "registered Republican!"

One of the paradoxes of history is that often the "less religious" of any 2 sides of a conflict, is destined to assume the "moral high ground!"

• Winner
Reactions: The Barbarian
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What is your opinion on the subject? Make sure to explain your views.

Just like the poll shows Republicans by a mile. More of them (higher %) believe in and read the bible.

M-Bob

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: jmldn2
Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Station-12-Artist.jpg

Just like the poll shows Republicans by a mile. More of them (higher %) believe in and read the bible.

M-Bob
The chief priests and Pharisees that demanded Jesus' crucifixion read from the Torah faithfully every day, but failed to understand its meaning - it was the "thief on the cross" who was promised eternity in Paradise!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What is your opinion on the subject? Make sure to explain your views.
Neither would be a pretty solid answer but both have their merits. They also have their faults and your not going to get Biblical Christianity from either. I think the Democrat party is better aligned with certain Biblical principles but the GOP taking on a stand on abortion and same sex marriage in encouraging as well. I believe in activism, Democrats have always embraced activism and reform, unfortunately they have a taste for liberalism which makes me mildly nauseous. Were Jesus alive today I doubt seriously he would be running for office and certainly wouldn't be some kind of activist or lobbyist. He would have no interest in running for office any more then he was willing to be made king by unbelievers.

• Agree
Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
One of the paradoxes of history is that often the "less religious" of any 2 sides of a conflict, is destined to assume the "moral high ground!"

Today's winner. Tryants don't see religion as a problem; they see it as potentially useful.

Reactions: Pioneer3mm
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reading through some of the threads about Trump, his supporters, his party, I have to check to be sure I'm on a Christian site.
Well...I've always found that a place named "Christian Forums" tends to attract a lot of Christians and since this particular part of Christian Forums is designated as christians only I'm not sure why you'd have to check to see if that's where you are? :wave:

Of course, all of those posts stay within the guidelines of the site.
Pretty sure that's all that's required in most sites, and, as an added bonus? We have some really amazing mods on CF! :clap:
tulc(hears it's easier herding cats then modding here on CF) :sorry:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reading through some of the threads about Trump, his supporters, his party, I have to check to be sure I'm on a Christian site. Of course, all of those posts stay within the guidelines of the site.

I thought exactly the same thing for roughly eight years on this site, but it wasn't about Trump.

Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I guess since you all have began personally insulting others you've lost the argument you were hoping to make?

Because seriously, that's why people start insulting.

Im a trump supporter by the way, and while I'm not perfect my faith in Christ is not in doubt...

Got anything you feel like saying to my face?

Upvote 0

jmldn2

Site Supporter
Nov 20, 2013
✟85,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I guess since you all have began personally insulting others you've lost the argument you were hoping to make?

Because seriously, that's why people start insulting.

Im a trump supporter by the way, and while I'm not perfect my faith in Christ is not in doubt...

Got anything you feel like saying to my face?

I'm a Trump supporter as well. I have no problem with people not supporting him but I do not understand on a Christian site the "strong" insults towards him and his supporters. I'm not a perfect Christian either. My faith is not in doubt. I as well believe whenever people start out with insults instead of disagreement, then yes the conversation is soured. On a Christian site it should not be about arguing but discussing and at some point in time agreeing to disagree.

• Friendly
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

jmldn2

Site Supporter
Nov 20, 2013
✟85,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I thought exactly the same thing for roughly eight years on this site, but it wasn't about Trump.

Yes Obama had some nasty things said about him but I will venture to say nothing like this current president and his family and his followers.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm a Trump supporter as well. I have no problem with people not supporting him but I do not understand on a Christian site the "strong" insults towards him and his supporters. I'm not a perfect Christian either. My faith is not in doubt. I as well believe whenever people start out with insults instead of disagreement, then yes the conversation is soured. On a Christian site it should not be about arguing but discussing and at some point in time agreeing to disagree.

Well, it's been the Evangelical Trump supporters versus the entire left and half the republican party (aka the Christian right) since the day Trump threw his hat into the ring.

We've been called non-Christian, hateful, racists, misogynistic (even I have been called this on this very site and I'm a woman) and the list just goes on and it doesn't matter what website, whether it be devout atheist or Christian because no one can figure out why we desperately wanted to preserve constitutional rights for the next generation and cared more about voting for a man of his word than a man of empty promises.

The vitriol is deep and haa been since the beginning and while its a beautiful thought to remind people how Christianity is supposed to work if people really cared about the things they claimed then Ben Carson would have won the primary.. instead he couldn't survive two or three states because a "good Christian of stellar character" isnt what anyone wanted.

They want to gather round them politicians who "support" their own pet "isms" and tear the country apart in the process with us being the new "heathens" and "outcasts" of society facing our stakes.

Good luck to you in your quest... I had misunderstood your initial comment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jmldn2

Site Supporter
Nov 20, 2013
✟85,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Well, it's been the Evangelical Trump supporters versus the entire left and half the republican party (aka the Christian right) since the day Trump threw his hat into the ring.

We've been called non-Christian, hateful, racists, misogynistic (even I have been called this on this very site and I'm a woman) and the list just goes on and it doesn't matter what website, whether it be devout atheist or Christian because no one can figure out why we desperately wanted to preserve constitutional rights for the next generation and cared more about voting for a man of his word than a man of empty promises.

The vitriol is deep and haa been since the beginning and while its a beautiful thought to remind people how Christianity is supposed to work if people really cared about the things they claimed then Ben Carson would have won the primary.. instead he couldn't survive two or three states because a "good Christian of stellar character" isnt what anyone wanted.

They want to gather round them politicians who "support" their own pet "isms" and tear the country apart in the process with us being the new "heathens" and "outcasts" of society facing our stakes.

Good luck to you in your quest... I had misunderstood your initial comment.

No problem. Trying to perceive what people are saying through text is oftentimes difficult. As for Ben Carson, he truly is a devout Christian, a superior example of the "American dream." He was actually my fave in the beginning. But I have to admit that having a business man at this point has made sense in the light of economics. I believe the fact that Trump won proves that most or many Americans were tired of the usual politicians and their empty promises. Thus, an outsider was elected.

• Agree
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes Obama had some nasty things said about him but I will venture to say nothing like this current president and his family and his followers.
No you're right about that, the things said about President Obama, his family and his supporters were a lot worse then the things being said about President Trump, his family and his supporters. And? It went on for the entirety of his 8 years in office. President Trumps supporters have had 2 years of it and they already are complaining about how "he's being treated!!". I might also point out? President Obama is still one of the people President Trump supporters really seem to be more interested in talking about. No sooner does someone start a thread about the latest thing President Trump has done and that thread is suddenly filled with President Trump supporters who don't want to talk about President Trump, they want to talk about President Obama instead. Or Sec Clinton or even President Clinton, anyone except President Trump. :wave:
tulc(is drinking coffee and watching the dumpster fire burn) :)

Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

Junker P Hoodwink

Nov 26, 2018
TX
✟21,898.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Today's winner. Tryants don't see religion as a problem; they see it as potentially useful.

18 voters have said that the GOP is more consistent with scriptural teaching, but only 6 voters selected the Democratic Party. Are you prepared to go out on a limb and argue against majority opinion?

Reactions: jmldn2
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
18 voters have said that the GOP is more consistent with scriptural teaching, but only 6 voters selected the Democratic Party. Are you prepared to go out on a limb and argue against majority opinion?
Wait...was the question "what does the majority of other people think?" because that would have made a difference. :wave:
tulc(is just curious) :sorry:

Upvote 0

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟448,645.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not going to read the whole thread, but neither. And expecting that He would align with either political party is spiritually naïve at best. Expecting a political party to align itself with Christ is politically naïve at best.

Upvote 0