Which political party is more consistent with scriptural teaching?

Which political party is more consistent with scriptural teaching?

• The Republican Party

• The Democratic Party

Results are only viewable after voting.

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think Americas founding father's did a wonderful job spelling it out.

I will stand upon, and fight for that. Freedom.not religious rule.
If I could winner that a million times I would.

• Friendly
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
My point is that abuses happen during war, whether it’s the “good guys” or the “bad guys” who commit the atrocities. It’s the same with the Crusades. They were good, holy, and pious Christians. But mistakes were made from time to time. Ultimately, they were on the side of God.
well yeah war is not nice, but at times in this fallen world it has to be.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Being anti-abortion is not the same thing as being pro-life.

Pro-life can't mean being pro-war.
Pro-life can't mean being pro-death penalty.
Pro-life can't mean being against the poor, the immigrant, the widow, the orphan, and the least of these.
Pro-life can't mean being against God's creation.
Pro-life can't mean being pro-violence.

When the GOP decides to be more than simply anti-abortion, and actually becomes pro-life, let me know.

-CryptoLutheran
Other than the death penalty which I happen to oppose I do not know many if any people that are like that ( and my area is mostly red.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
If the Libertarian Party wishes to be pro-abortion, how is that not imposing their pro-abortion views onto society?
They are not pro-abortion pro-abortion would kill people off. Some may be pro-choice but not pro-abortion.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,748.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm a Christian first, a Republican second.
Christians aren't required to believe in or advocate theocracy before the return of Christ. When Christians choose to, they make the faith look bad.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christians aren't required to believe in or advocate theocracy before the return of Christ. When Christians choose to, they make the faith look bad.
You and I don't often agree, but we do agree about this! :oldthumbsup:
tulc(this sip of coffee is in honor of you!) :coffee:

Reactions: Sketcher
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,473,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

And that was something the Founding Fathers--with a fairly close view of the European Thirty Years War and the English Civil War--understood.

Upvote 0

Junker P Hoodwink

Nov 26, 2018
TX
✟21,898.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
And that was something the Founding Fathers--with a fairly close view of the European Thirty Years War and the English Civil War--understood.

The Thirty Years' War was much more complicated than "Catholics vs. Protestants."

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,473,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Thirty Years' War was much more complicated than "Catholics vs. Protestants."

People like Roger Williams were writing about the issues of Church entanglement with the State deriving from the Thirty Years War even before the war was fully over.

They knew more about it than either you or I, and their major "take-away" was that the Church is better off unencumbered by the State.

• Agree
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you believe the Democrats have evil within themselves, why would you vote for an evil party, then?
Wait...there's a political party that doesn't have any humans in it? Because if there are people in the party there's going to be evil in it. Comes to that even those people who say "I'm not really part of a political party, I'm just me." Hate to break it to you but guess what? There's someone with evil within that "party" also. :sorry:
tulc(thought that should be pointed out) :wave:

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you believe the Democrats have evil within themselves, why would you vote for an evil party, then?

I hate to break it to you, but the Republican Party has evil in it too. The current president is in his third marriage to his former mistress, he bragged about sexually groping women and forcing himself upon them, and he had an affair with a inappropriate content star and then paid her off to silence her. I could go on because there's a lot more moral depravity to point out in his life. But we don't have to stop at Donald Trump, we can go onto other Republicans too: Republican Sex Scandals. And then there are these articles on some Republicans caught in sex scandals involving their own mistress and abortion.

Republican Men Are Against Abortion — Until They Want Their Mistress To Get One

Rep. Tim Murphy, popular with pro-life movement, urged abortion in affair, texts suggest

Maybe it would be wise not to be so judgmental of Democrats and accuse the entire party of being evil when Republicans and the current president are just as guilty of committing sin as Democrats are.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The left wing and the right wing are part of the same bird and they are foul. The truth is, there is corruption and greed in the hearts of each one. Neither Republicans or Democrats are exempt from their personal human nature, no matter how much some conservatives fiercely insist that they are more moral than their liberal opponents. There is no 'lesser of two evils' in American politics.

The Republican Party chose Donald Trump to be their president. He is a well known and well documented habitual liar. He is also is a serial adulterer, a philander, and a predator who sexually forced himself upon multiple women. He even proudly bragged about groping those women.

The Democratic Party chose Hillary Clinton to be their presidential nominee. She is a well known and well documented habitual liar. She is still married to a serial adulterer, a philander, and a predator who sexually forced himself upon multiple women. She is also surrounded by political scandal.

Both Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton mirror the moral and political corruption of their own political party. Neither party has the moral right to complain and point an indignant finger at the other one.

Republican Christians do not have the moral right to insist that they chose the 'lesser of two evils' when they politically support and defend a philanderous adulterer like Donald Trump, who bragged about groping multiple women and who is in his third marriage to his former mistress. He bragged about watching young teenager girls getting undressed during a beauty pageant. He had an affair with a inappropriate content star and then paid her off to silence her. He's also a bully who degrades people he doesn't like.

And what's sad is how his conservative Christian supporters keep making excuses for his depraved behavior when they will turn around and self-righteously condemn any liberal who is caught doing something even remotely wrong. They have absolutely no problem casting stones at liberals and condemning them at the drop of a hat, but they insist that Trump shouldn't be judged for his sins.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

YeshuaBought

John 14:3
Jun 30, 2018
Gig Harbor
✟110,013.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The left wing and the right wing are part of the same bird and they are foul. The truth is, there is corruption and greed in the hearts of each one. Neither Republicans or Democrats are exempt from their personal human nature, no matter how much some conservatives fiercely insist that they are more moral than their liberal opponents. There is no 'lesser of two evils' in American politics.

The Republican Party chose Donald Trump to be their president. He is a well known and well documented habitual liar. He is also is a serial adulterer, a philander, and a predator who sexually forced himself upon multiple women. He even proudly bragged about groping those women.

The Democratic Party chose Hillary Clinton to be their presidential nominee. She is a well known and well documented habitual liar. She is still married to a serial adulterer, a philander, and a predator who sexually forced himself upon multiple women. She is also surrounded by political scandal.

Both Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton mirror the moral and political corruption of their own political party. Neither party has the moral right to complain and point an indignant finger at the other one.

Republican Christians do not have the moral right to insist that they chose the 'lesser of two evils' when they politically support and defend a philanderous adulterer like Donald Trump, who bragged about groping multiple women and who is in his third marriage to his former mistress. He bragged about watching young teenager girls getting undressed during a beauty pageant. He had an affair with a inappropriate content star and then paid her off to silence her. He's also a bully who degrades people he doesn't like.

And what's sad is how his conservative Christian supporters keep making excuses for his depraved behavior when they will turn around and self-righteously condemn any liberal who is caught doing something even remotely wrong. They have absolutely no problem casting stones at liberals and condemning them at the drop of a hat, but they insist that Trump shouldn't be judged for his sins.
This I agree. Youare exactly right.

• Friendly
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
both parties have good and evil people. Within any group, I do not care if it race, religion, politics or anything else in this fallen world there are going to be people that (generally) try to be good amd some people that are just downright evil.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(I have edited my post below because I realized I stepped outside the line and I want to make sure I abide within the rule of not flaming a public figure and unfortunately that rule also applies to Trump.)

Jesus would vote Republican? I don't think so. There would never be a GOP Jesus if He was an American citizen. Jesus wouldn't vote Democratic either. But what He would do is call out and expose the hypocrisy and moral corruption within each of the political parties. He would be calling them out for their sins and for their hypocrisy of pointing an indignant finger at a political opponent when they are just as guilty as everyone else is. I can think of the Sheep and the Goats parable scenario.

Other than that, I can envision Jesus calling out the Christian Right GOP for electing an immoral and politically corrupt man to be their president and then pretending that's perfectly acceptable because Donald Trump promised them that he would outlaw abortion. I seriously doubt Jesus would fall for their "lesser than two evils" ploy either or accept any of their other excuses they have used in an attempt to defend their support of him, despite him behaving in direct conflict to Christian morality.

I can also envision Jesus asking all these Christian Trump supporters why they are now being morally inconsistent in their support of Donald Trump when they continued to repeatedly condemn Bill Clinton for the same sexual sins as Donald Trump is guilty of himself. I also have no doubt that Jesus would call out Trump for his sins and corruption, but I can't envision Trump taking too kindly to that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jmldn2

Site Supporter
Nov 20, 2013
✟85,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Calling this president an "adulterous philandering habitual liar to be their president and then pretending that's perfectly acceptable" is another misconception of the left. Bill Clinton was not the only philandering president from the democrat side. But, hey, who other than the left is keeping count? Jesus would tell us to obey the leaders of the land unless they contradict the laws of God. That would include not only government leaders but as well leaders within the faith. No one on this site nor anyone in the political realm is without blemish and certainly has no right to judge the heart of another human. I have no idea how Jesus would vote, speak about the leaders of our land and personally neither does anyone else. And if we are speaking about the sins of a president, sin in the eyes of God is sin; little, big - are all sin in His eyes. Spewing forth hate, death threats, denigrating and name calling certainly would not sit well with the Good Lord either.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,840.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
If you want to know what political stance Jesus would take today, consider the political position He took during His ministry on Earth.

Oh wait... He didn't take one. Oh Well.

Upvote 0