Which political party is more consistent with scriptural teaching?

Which political party is more consistent with scriptural teaching?

• The Republican Party

• The Democratic Party

Results are only viewable after voting.

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Well said! I couldn't have said it better myself. And on that thought, I would like to share the following quote. I think this Catholic nun correctly sums up much of the right wing pro-life movement.

View attachment 246098
Even tho certain Pro-Life groups could do a better job taking care of those necessities, it doesn't make abortion less abominable.

Upvote 0

Junker P Hoodwink

Nov 26, 2018
TX
✟21,898.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Even tho certain Pro-Life groups could do a better job taking care of those necessities, it doesn't make abortion less abominable.

Abortion is a crime against humanity. Something ought to be done to address this intensive genocide, which is undoubtedly the most crucial political issue of our time.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
All I did was express my dumbfounded feelings that a Christian would support secularism. Is that a crime?
No, being a being a jerk and trolling people online is not a crime, mr hoodwink.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you really think it’s appropriate for a Christian to support godless secularism? Jesus said that he is the way, the truth, and the life; that no one comes to God but through him (John 14:6). Scripture affirms that Christianity is the one true faith, which is to say that our religion ought to be favored by governments that wish to adhere to scriptural teaching. I realize that the First Amendment says that the United States shouldn’t favor one faith over another, but so what? It’s more important that we adhere to God’s word, not the word of secular men.

No, absolutely not. The last thing America needs is for radical right wing Christians clamouring to have their preferred version of Christianity enforced into law. In all honesty, it wouldn't be much different than radical Islamic extremists trying to enact Sharia Law into this country. America does not need these Christians or any other religious people trying to subjugate and discriminate against the people who don't share the same beliefs. It would be disastrous and utter chaos if that were to ever happen in this country. A lot of American citizens would lose their civil rights and equality, including some Christians. Religious freedom is one of the fundamental ideals this country was supposedly founded upon and I don't want to see that lost because of some group of religious fanatics, Christian or not.

Upvote 0

Junker P Hoodwink

Nov 26, 2018
TX
✟21,898.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No, absolutely not. The last thing America needs is for radical right wing Christians clamouring to have their preferred version of Christianity enforced into law. In all honesty, it wouldn't be much different than radical Islamic extremists trying to enact Sharia Law into this country. America does not need these Christians or any other religious people trying to subjugate and discriminate against the people who don't share the same beliefs. It would be disastrous and utter chaos if that were to ever happen in this country. A lot of American citizens would lose their civil rights and equality, including some Christians. Religious freedom is one of the fundamental ideals this country was supposedly founded upon and I don't want to see that lost because of some group of religious fanatics, Christian or not.

Matthew 22:36-46 says that the two greatest commandments are to love God and love thy neighbor. If such commandments were the basis of US law, how would that be a radical Christian or fanatical thing? Explain.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟457,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Libertarian Party is pro-abortion. Their views are therefore inconsistent with scriptural teaching.

Proverbs 139:13, “For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb.”

Jeremiah 1:5, “Before you were in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as the prophet of nations.”

Job 31:15, “Did not he who made me in the womb make them? Did not the same one form us both within our mothers?”

Psalm 22:10, “From birth I was cast on you; from my mother’s womb you have been my God.”
No, you are incorrect. The Libertarian Party is about following your own conscience free of governmental intervention, not imposing your demands on others.

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Junker P Hoodwink

Nov 26, 2018
TX
✟21,898.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No, you are incorrect. The Libertarian Party is about following your own conscience free of governmental intervention, not imposing your demands on others.

If the Libertarian Party wishes to be pro-abortion, how is that not imposing their pro-abortion views onto society?

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,519.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 22:36-46 says that the two greatest commandments are to love God and love thy neighbor. If such commandments were the basis of US law, how would that be a radical Christian or fanatical thing? Explain.

I'll note that you're the guy who said in another thread that you considered the Spanish Inquisition the height of a holy government.

Reactions: Sketcher
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I realize that the First Amendment says that the United States shouldn’t favor one faith over another, but so what? It’s more important that we adhere to God’s word, not the word of secular men.
That's not very Republican.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,676.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Jesus disagrees with you. He said that His kingdom is not of this world. He didn't say "go out and establish My church by law." He said to go out and be fishers of souls.

If all Christians did that, we'd have that kingdom now. No matter how hard you try to establish His kingdom by laws, you will fail.

I'd have to say you're correct. Many think we need a morality revolution and if you accomplished that you'd have a Christian nation. Not so. One can achieve all the legal things they'd like but still not have touched on the real root causes of man's problem....his need to be born again and have his nature changed.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Jesus would vote Republican if he were a US citizen. The GOP is the pro-life party. What kind of savior would Christ be if he were pro-abortion?
There are very few people who are pro-abortion. Pro choice yes, but pro-abortion would kill off the human race.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The Libertarian Party is pro-abortion. Their views are therefore inconsistent with scriptural teaching.

Proverbs 139:13, “For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb.”

Jeremiah 1:5, “Before you were in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as the prophet of nations.”

Job 31:15, “Did not he who made me in the womb make them? Did not the same one form us both within our mothers?”

Psalm 22:10, “From birth I was cast on you; from my mother’s womb you have been my God.”
Actually liberations though they may lend towards either major party in general take the position that you mind your business I will mind mine and as long as you are harming other people we will get among fine.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
So you think abortion is murder, but you're opposed to demanding that others refrain from murder/abortion? How does that make sense?
because at the moment it is lawful to abort and frankly I think it would be best to make it a state issue as opposed to outlaw it all together. There are various takes on when abortion becomes murder based really on when personhood begins.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
We now have a majority conservative supreme court. I predict that abortion will be illegal within a year.
I disagree first it have to make it's way back up there ( They do not take on cases at first. Second, if they are smart they will make it a state issue as opposed to making it federally illegal.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm not advocating a "private" faith. I believe in sharing salvation with the lost. I believe in public prayer if anyone feels so led. I believe in religious freedom and liberty. I believe in the ability to go to church etc etc etc.

I don't believe we can pass religious laws demanding non Christians follow our faith. I am not confused and definitely know I live in a New Covenant United States of America and not an Old Covenant Israel.

Christ Kingdom is not of this world. HE SAID so.

That means when we pass laws, we have to look outside of individual faith for a natural law, a societal law that doesn't deprive man of his will, but that won't harm society..

If you want to know what religious rule looks like look no further than Iran. Afghanistan. Dark ages Catholicism.

My idea of right and wrong may not be yours. I have no desire to fight my way to the top of the heap to deprive others of their right to make their own choices. I think everyone should have that right to choose and won't see mine taken away either.

God gave us the right, and the mind to choose. I prefer a society where we are free to do that, as much as possible. It's called freedom. I rather like it, and if I like it for myself then I must like it for others even if they choose different things.
thank you. We can share the good news that is NOT the same as forcing others to follow our faith.

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I disagree. God must be included in civic life. If you don't agree, then what are you suggesting? That atheism should be the guiding ethos for our civilization?
no that not religion or lack thereof should be favored by the government ) Which is best when secular and that has been proven time and time again.

Upvote 0