Which passages in particular in Revelation do Amils use to support all of the following?

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A) and bound him a thousand years(Revelation 20:2)

B) and after that he must be loosed a little season(Revelation 20:3)

C) which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands(Revelation 20:4)

D) and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years(Revelation 20:4)

It only stands to reason that if Amils are correct that all of these events precede the 2nd coming, there should be other Scriptures in Revelation involving each of these things.

1) Which passage/s in Revelation do Amils use to show when A) begins?

2) Which passage/s in Revelation do Amils use to show when B) begins?

3) Which passage/s in Revelation do Amils use to show when C) is occurring during?

4) Which passage/s in Revelation do Amils use to show when D) is occurring during?

The reason for this thread is because all of the above has not been entirely clear to me, Amil's position on these things and how Revelation supports what they are concluding.

As to the OP here, I'm not interested as to where Amils find support for some or all of these things outside of Revelation, since most of that is already clear to me for the most part, so that's not what I'm inquiring about in the OP. I'm only interested as to where in Revelation in particular that they find supports all of the above.

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
It depends upon how you read the entire book of Revelation. I don't think Revelation ought to be read chronologically. Revelation contains seven distinct sections that each describe the inter-advent period and each culminates with the return of Jesus. So Jesus' return is described in Revelation a total of seven times. If you understand Revelation to be iterative, impressionistic, and apocalyptic, then it is not at all difficult to see why the 1000 years would be a symbolic amount of time.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It depends upon how you read the entire book of Revelation. I don't think Revelation ought to be read chronologically. Revelation contains seven distinct sections that each describe the inter-advent period and each culminates with the return of Jesus. So Jesus' return is described in Revelation a total of seven times. If you understand Revelation to be iterative, impressionistic, and apocalyptic, then it is not at all difficult to see why the 1000 years would be a symbolic amount of time.

I don't disagree that Revelation is not chronological throughout. Why would that matter, in relation to what I asked in the OP? For example, if saints are reigning a thousand years right now, both on earth and in heaven, which passages in particular in Revelation would be involving when they are reigning during the thousand years while still alive on earth? Which passages in particular in Revelation would be involving when saints are experiencing satan's little season after the thousand years?

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I don't disagree that Revelation is not chronological throughout. Why would that matter, in relation to what I asked in the OP? For example, if saints are reigning a thousand years right now, both on earth and in heaven, which passages in particular in Revelation would be involving when they are reigning during the thousand years while still alive on earth? Which passages in particular in Revelation would be involving when saints are experiencing satan's little season after the thousand years?

If it's true that Revelation contains seven complete sections, and that each of these sections parallels the others, and that each section is about the same thing, then the 1000 year period of the saints reigning should have parallels with other parts of Revelation contained in the other six sections. That would influence how we interpret the meaning of the binding of Satan and of the 1000 year reign.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

C) which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands(Revelation 20:4)

It only stands to reason that if Amils are correct that all of these events precede the 2nd coming, there should be other Scriptures in Revelation involving each of these things.

3) Which passage/s in Revelation do Amils use to show when C) is occurring during?

4) Which passage/s in Revelation do Amils use to show when D) is occurring during?

The reason for this thread is because all of the above has not been entirely clear to me, Amil's position on these things and how Revelation supports what they are concluding.

As to the OP here, I'm not interested as to where Amils find support for some or all of these things outside of Revelation, since most of that is already clear to me for the most part, so that's not what I'm inquiring about in the OP. I'm only interested as to where in Revelation in particular that they find supports all of the above.

This Post is about parts A and B of your request.

Why does an angel come down from heaven with a key to open the bottomless pit in Revelation 9:1-2, unless it was locked previously?

Rev 9:1 Then the fifth angel sounded: And I saw a star fallen from heaven to the earth. To him was given the key to the bottomless pit.
Rev 9:2 And he opened the bottomless pit, and smoke arose out of the pit like the smoke of a great furnace. So the sun and the air were darkened because of the smoke of the pit.

In the verse below we find an angel who is already king of the angels of the bottomless pit.
Who is the king of the wicked angels?

Rev 9:11 And they had as king over them the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon, but in Greek he has the name Apollyon.

In the verse below we find angels who are "bound" being released.

Rev 9:14 saying to the sixth angel who had the trumpet, "Release the four angels who are bound at the great river Euphrates."

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟690,241.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This Post is about parts A and B of your request.

Why does an angel come down from heaven with a key to open the bottomless pit in Revelation 9:1-2, unless it was locked previously?

Rev 9:1 Then the fifth angel sounded: And I saw a star fallen from heaven to the earth. To him was given the key to the bottomless pit.
Rev 9:2 And he opened the bottomless pit, and smoke arose out of the pit like the smoke of a great furnace. So the sun and the air were darkened because of the smoke of the pit.

In the verse below we find an angel who is already king of the angels of the bottomless pit.
Who is the king of the wicked angels?

Rev 9:11 And they had as king over them the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon, but in Greek he has the name Apollyon.

In the verse below we find angels who are "bound" being released.

Rev 9:14 saying to the sixth angel who had the trumpet, "Release the four angels who are bound at the great river Euphrates."

Compare Luke 10:18 - a statement from Christ Himself, with Revelation 12:7-12

Now compare Mark 15:33, with Revelation 9:1-13, with Luke 10:18 and Revelation 12:7-12.

Satan cast out, darkness over the earth when Jesus was on the cross dying... Satan's persecution of the saints, because he knows his time is short.

Now compare the binding of Satan in Luke 10:19, with Revelation 20;

Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you”

I could continue, but it's a worthless endeavor for those who seem not to know Scripture enough to see these things.

Jesus said the Kingdom is here, right now, upon our heads, and we know this, because Satan cannot harm us. We have authority over him, because we are under the authority of the King.

Scripture says nothing about various things being linear, as a matter of fact, it shows us things can easily (and do) run concurrently.

Satan is prevented, so long as God allows. To those seeking signs, no sign will be given...

Last edited:
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

There are many New Testament Scriptures that teach that Satan and his demons were cast out, bound, defeated, incapacitated, divested of power, disarmed, brought to naught, undone, stripped and spiritually imprisoned in the abyss through Christ's sinless life, atoning death and triumphant resurrection (Matthew 12:22-29, Mark 3:11, 23-27, Luke 10:18-19, Luke 11:20-22, John 12:31-33 Colossians 2:13-15, Hebrews 2:14-15, I John 3:8, Revelation 9:1-11, Revelation 12:7-9 and Revelation 20:2).

There are various Scriptures, especially in Revelation, that teach that Satan, the beast and his demons find themselves in the abyss during the intra-Advent period through Christ’s historic victory over the kingdom of darkness. These also testify the fact that this wicked kingdom will be released from their restraint in the abyss prior to the end for a final assault upon the people of God. This is essentially the devils last throw. The fate of Satan, the beast, his demons and the wicked are carefully tied together in their agenda, activity and doom.

At the second coming we see the final downfall of the kingdom of darkness. We see the destruction of this evil confederacy that is united against God and the people of God. Satan, antichrist and their minions will all be destroyed, judged and banished to the Lake of Fire when the Lord returns.

I agree with Tree of Life above and want to expand upon some of his points. I also apologize for the length of my response, and trust you will patiently read what I am presenting. It is crucial to the whole overall debate.

Satan and his demons released from the abyss before the second coming (last trump)

Revelation 9:1-5 gives us an insight into the bottomless pit prior to the return of the Lord (the last trumpet). In fact, the scene appears at the time of the 5th trumpet (obviously before the last trump): “And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit [Gr. abussos]. And he opened the bottomless pit [Gr. abussos]; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit. And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power. And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads. And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.”

Here we have the opening of the abyss with a key just before the second coming. Obviously, the place was locked up previously so that those inside couldn’t leave. Now please consider: this is evidence that Satan and his demons are in the pit long before the second coming, and are released for a season before the end to do their final damage.

We should carefully note a few things here which many commentators seem to overlook. Firstly, this “star” descended “from heaven unto the earth.” Secondly, having settled on “the earth” the “star” exercised direct authority over the abyss. Regardless of one’s theological position, we must accept that the abyss (however we understand it) is located on earth.

Revelation 9:11 gives us more detail confirming that we are looking at the restrained kingdom of darkness: “had a king over them, which is the angel of the abyss [Gr. abussos], whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.”

In piecing the apocalyptic jigsaw together, we find that this dark spiritual dungeon currently has a king over it. This gives us insight into the fact that the abyss must be speaking of a kingdom. Moreover, that kingdom is imprisoned in its own darkness. The fact that there is a king currently ruling tells us that the abyss must contain a kingdom. The word kingdom means 'king with a domain'. Its meaning includes the territory and the people over whom the King rules and exercises sovereign authority. The term also includes the legislation and laws that administrate that kingdom. The word employed in the New Testament for 'kingdom' is the Greek word basileia denoting 'sovereignty, royal power, kingship and dominion'. A kingdom must therefore have (1) a king - a head, (2) a domain to rule over - subjects and territory, (3) a structure of administration - ethics, rules and laws which govern it.

We all know, there are only two spiritual realms in conflict on this earth - the kingdom of God and the kingdom of darkness. Whilst these two kingdoms manifest through physical individuals they are invisible empires. The kingdom being described which "the destroyer" rules over is assuredly not the kingdom of God. The elect angels are never located in the abyss but rather in heavenly splendor. Therefore, we must be speaking of the dark restrained invisible spiritual realm of the devil's kingdom.

Who is this king (or destroyer) that currently reigns over "the bottomless pit" or abyss? We know from the description given of this king that we are looking at an angel. In fact, the king is called: "the angel of the abyss." There is no doubt that Abaddon / Apollyon are referring to someone within the demonic realm. This begs an instant question, who is the king that rules over that dark realm?

Strong's Concordance gives us help, describing Apollyon (623) as "a destroyer (i.e. Satan)." Moreover, when we examine the root Greek word apollumi (Strong's 622) we find it means "to destroy fully (reflexively, to perish, or lose), literally or figuratively." The word is variously translated destroy, die, lose, mar, perish in the King James Version. There seems little doubt that Apollyon is referring to the devil. Time after time in Scripture we see Satan being described in such a destructive way. The name and characteristics of this being seem to identify him with that great enemy of the Church - the devil.

Revelation 9:1-3 shows the abyss occupied now by Satan and his minions prior to the last trumpet. It also shows Satan (Abaddon/Apollyon) there as well. Remember Abaddon/Apollyon is a king. This king is obviously head over a kingdom (that is what king's rule over) so what kingdom or domain and subjects and territory does he rule over? This is no natural king but a spiritual king. If it is a spiritual king it must either be Christ or Satan - the only two rulers over the two conflicting spiritual kingdoms. We know that Christ is not on earth since His ascent and definitely not in the abyss. There can surely be no doubt that this is Satan.

We cannot help but conclude, the angel (or star) that descends in Revelation 9:1-3 and takes immediate authority over Satan (Abaddon / Apollyon) and his angels (symbolic represented in this passage as locust/scorpion-type creatures), who in turn are presently in the abyss realm. The one major difficulty for Premils here is that this passage expressly locates Satan and his minions in the abyss prior to the coming of the Lord, as Amillennialism believes and not after that as Premillennialism mistakenly argues.

This reading also significantly shows that Satan is currently subject to the authority of another angel (star). This angel obviously is not a fellow fallen angel, as Satan is undisputed king of that realm; it must therefore be an angel from the kingdom of God. Even though Satan is presently king over the abyss, he is currently restrained in that condition. Satan is restricted to the boundaries of the abyss - which is the spiritual abode of the kingdom of darkness. There is another angel that holds the key over

Notwithstanding, this kingdom of demons that is ruled by Satan is released from the bottomless pit prior to the end in order to wreak havoc. There can be no other wicked king reigning over this kingdom than Satan. To suggest otherwise is to contradict much Scripture that shows Lucifer as the leader of the wicked band.

Revelation 10:1-3: “And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire: And he had in his hand a little book open: and he set his right foot upon the sea, and his left foot on the earth, And cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roareth: and when he had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices.”

The symbolism and authority surrounding this great heavenly angel proves beyond a doubt that it is none other than the Lord Jesus Christ and a picture of His glorious Second Coming. We will the symbolism shortly.

Revelation 10:5-7 says of the Second Advent and the concluding last trumpet, “And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer: but in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.”

There is clearly a major dilemma here for you those who take Revelation to be a literal chronological unfolding of last day events. They must surely concede, if they are going to be consistent with their view that everything after Revelation 11 (which also refers to the seventh trumpet) is in the realm of eternity and the after-life. After all Revelation 10 plainly records that with this particular event “there should be time no longer.” For those who would lightly dismiss this important narrative as anything other than a magnificent picture of the Lord Jesus Christ and His glorious second coming, they do foolishly ignore the great wealth of explicit and consistent end-time teaching on this subject and divorce the undoubted harmony of this chapter from the rest of New Testament prophetic teaching.

This is the end of the old temporal sin-cursed order and the introduction of the new eternal glorified order. Also, the undoubted finality surrounding the echo of the seventh trumpet proves beyond doubt that it is the last trump – the final trumpet sound for all mankind. “The kingdoms of this world” have finally “become the kingdoms of our lord, and of his Christ” and “he shall reign” not for 1000 years as some would have us believe but “for ever and ever.” Those who reject such evidence do so (in the main) in order to support the Preterist, Pretribulationist or Historist positions.

The mystery of iniquity (antichrist/the beast) released from the abyss before the second coming (last trump)

2 Thessalonians 2:1-4 tells us that Satan will have a time of spiritual destruction before the end, saying, “Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away or [Gr. apostasia] first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition (apoleia or ruin or destruction); Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.”

2 Thessalonians 2:7-12: For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.”

I believe that man of sin is a proliferation of unrestrained sin, rebellion and debauchery before the Lord's return. I don't see it as merely a person but as the spirit of rebellion within man. I believe Paul shows that this will infiltrate into the true Church. The flesh will come to the fore taking the place of Christ.

I believe this refers to the spirit of anti-Christ operating within the true Church in the last days – evidenced by the notable growth of false doctrine and unscriptural practices, signs and wonders. That is not to suggest that this anti-Christ spirit can possess the true believer – I don't believe so – but he can influence the believer to accept, expound and walk in error.

The "man of sin" is that natural carnal man within all of us. If we give him an inch he will usurp God every single time. The fact is, either Christ reigns on the throne in the believer or self does. There is no joint control. That man of sin is our greatest enemy in life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Wounded head of beast healed before the second coming

Revelation 13:3 declares: And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.”

Most Bible scholars of whatever persuasion identify “the beast” with “antichrist” and the “mystery of iniquity”. They believe that they all refer to the same entity. These too are the same as “that man of sin,” “the son of perdition,” and “that Wicked” one. Piecing the evidence pertaining to this wicked entity together seems to show us that the beast system is a demonic spirit/influence/empire overseeing every wicked kingdom upon earth from the beginning.

Various Scriptures show us that the beast will be released from his restraints and one of his wounded heads will be healed before the end. This tells us that he too was bruised like Satan's head through the life, death and resurrection of Christ.

Revelation 13:12 declares: “And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.”

The wound to one of the beast’s heads amazingly heals up at the end. This speaks of the recovery of a previous state. In practical terms, it is talking about the return of previous power and influence to the beast.

Remember the beast has “seven heads” referring to seven kingdoms. That can only mean that one of Satan’s defeated kingdoms is revived at the end, when the freed beast begins his final evil. The text tells us: “I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.” Obviously one kingdom that seemed dead and buried is revitalized by the beast for his end-time terror. This causes the world to wonder. Which kingdom is this? Could it be Rome under the evil influence of the Roman Church? Could it be Islam that was embodied within the Ottoman Empire? Either empire would fit the end-time picture. After all, both religious systems continue to be an enemy of the true Church throughout the globe, albeit in a restricted form.

These verses (and this teaching) belong to the 4th of 7 recaps in Revelation, and culminate with a record of the climactic return of Jesus.

Revelation 14:14-20 states, And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man (Christ), having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle. And another angel (angel 1) came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe. And he that sat on the cloud (Christ) thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped. And another angel (angel 2) came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle. And another angel (angel 3) came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe. And the angel (angel 3) thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God. And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs.”

This narrative reveals a vivid account of the harvest that accompanies the second coming at the end of this age. We see “the Son of man” appearing upon “a white cloud” with “a golden crown” upon His head and “a sharp sickle” in His hand to reap that final crop “for the harvest of the earth is ripe.” As is seen in other Scripture, it is at the second coming that the wicked are finally cast “into the great winepress of the wrath of God.” The wicked will not survive this awful concluding day of destruction. This is indeed “the harvest of the earth” of which the figurative sickle “thrust in” to in order to perfect the harvest.

Beast released from the abyss before the second coming

Revelation 17:8 declares: “The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit [Gr. abussos], and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.”

Satan and his spiritual kingdom (the beast) have been restrained since the cross, but just prior to the Lord's return that restraint will be lifted in order to let the kingdom of darkness influence men to unprecedented evil. Revelation 17:8 seems to relate to Satan's "little season," which occurs at the end of the thousand years, when Satan is released just before the second coming. It would be wrong to overlook or downplay the usage of identical states, locations and eras to describe the main players in Satan's end-time assault upon this earth.

The character of the beast is simply a reflection of Satan. He carries all the depraved ruinous traits of his master Satan. Apollyon the destroyer (the king of the released demons) empowers the beast to pour out his venom upon mankind when released from his restraint at the end, just prior to the return of Christ.

The fate of Satan and the beast are inextricably linked together. Revelation 13:2-4 makes plain that Satan is the actual source of power for the beast, saying, “And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority. And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered (thaumazo or admired and marvelled) after the beast. And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who [is] like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?”

We see a clear distinction between the beast and the devil yet equally a definite and intimate inter-dependence upon each other. The beast relies up Satan for his authority and influence.

This agrees with 2 Thessalonians 2, where the mystery of iniquity is described as “him, whose coming is after [kata or through or according to] the working’ [energeia] of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,”

Thayer says the Greek word energeia means working, energy or efficiency. In the New Testament it is only used “of superhuman power, whether of God or of the evil.”

This worldly beast that deluded the Gentiles prior to the cross has been curtailed since the powerful invasion of devil's territory by the kingdom of God. When we read that the beast "was, and is not, and yet is" we must understand this as saying, whilst the beast still exists, it is in a restrained state in a spiritual prison since the cross. Essentially, he does not possess the same power and influence among the Gentiles as he did prior to the cross. This state will only change during Satan's little season at the end when he will bring in a wave of rebellion and debauchery such as this world has never seen. The devil and his minions will be untied to have their final throw.

Revelation 11:7 corroborates (speaking during the third of seven parallel), describing the period of time in-between the testimony of the two witnesses and the coming of the Lord, "when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the abyss [Gr. abussos] shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them."

The word “ascendeth” here is in the present active particle here associating it with the conclusion of the 2 witnesses’ ministry. His release would seem to result in the death of the 2 witnesses. The pit holds the beast during the intra-Advent period, until just before the end when he is released for a short season to do his evil. This imprisonment occurs after Christ’s victory at the cross and continues to just before the end. This covers the whole period of the Gospel expanse throughout the nations. This allows the deceived nations to hear the truth and accept or reject it.

At the end of the third recapitulation in Revelation we witness the beast being released and ascending up out of the abyss for a short season at the end. This confirms the fact that the beast is kept under restraint up until the period preceding Christ's return. At that time he is given an unrestrained season in order to operate and manifest unparalleled debauchery. This undoubtedly correlates with Satan's release in Revelation 20:7-9 (at the end of the seventh and last parallel). When did the beast go to the abyss and how did he get there in the first place? It would be fair to conclude: the beast was placed under constraint in the abyss at the same time the devil was (Revelation 20:1-3). This occurred during the Lord's earthly ministry when Christ ushered in the kingdom of God. Satan and the anti-Christ system of this world were given carefully defined boundaries to operate in and were made subject to the mind and will of God.

This is further confirmation that the beast must be a spirit, not a human being. We must surely assume it is the spirit of antichrist controlling his kingdom.

Revelation 11:11-19 rewinds back to touch another occurrence before the last trumpet (the seventh or the second coming); this time regarding the 2 witnesses: “And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit [Gr. abussos] shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them. And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified. And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves. And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth. And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them. And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them. And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven. The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly. And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God, Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned. And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth. And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.”

Here is concrete evidence that the beast is released from the restraints of the deep before the second coming. The last trump, of course, is the time when “the time of the dead, that they should be judged.” When is the time for judging the dead? At the last trump which is after the thousand years.

The spiritual restraint will be taken off the beast in Satan's little season, but that is not where it starts. He has been around for a long while and will be until the one and only coming of Christ. The beast’s restraint in the bottomless pit, and his release at the end to deceive correlates with the fate of Satan in Revelation 20. Near the end of time, Satan and his influence will ascend out of its restrained state allowing the kingdom of darkness to again prosper among the nations (ethnos).

He will exercise all his former evil over the nations in such a degree that all the world will wonder after the beast.

So, if the beast is in the bottomless pit to just before the second coming, and will be released at the end for a season of damage, then it makes sense to imagine that Satan will be too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Satan released from the abyss before the second coming (last trump)

Revelation 20:7-13 correlates: “And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison (the abyss or bottomless pit), And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.”

Satan’s little season corresponds with the release of the beast / antichrist / mystery of iniquity. This is speaking of the last battle before the climactic coming of Christ. We are in the kingdom period now, it will come in all its final and eternal glory at the second coming. It says "the dead" were "judged" in both Revelation 11:15-18 and Revelation 20:11-15. How many times will the dead be judged? Once! It does not say men are appointed to die once and then two judgments. No, it says “it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment” (Hebrews 9:27).

Revelation 20:11-15, 21:1-5 tells us: “And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new.”

The second coming is all-consummating and ushers in the complete end of all things old, temporal, sinful and corrupt. His return introduces the beginning of all things new, eternal, righteous and God-glorifying. We also see the general resurrection of the dead here. This proves the Amil position. While the elect of God finally enters into eternal bless, the wicked correspondingly experience eternal torment. They are shown to be banished into everlasting punishment.

Here we see “the earth and the heaven” flee away from the very presence of Christ coming upon His throne; it is clearly His appearing that ushers in the end. The renewal of the earth is carefully tied to the renewal of fallen man; manifestly, as at the beginning so at the end. It is at this finishing stage that all the former consequences of the curse will be eternally removed from the elect through the glorification process. Moreover, this current earth will be simultaneously renewed by way of a fiery renewal.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If it's true that Revelation contains seven complete sections, and that each of these sections parallels the others, and that each section is about the same thing, then the 1000 year period of the saints reigning should have parallels with other parts of Revelation contained in the other six sections.

That would have to be the logic. So let me provide a few random examples from Revelation.

Revelation 8:7 The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.

Per Amil would this be meaning during the thousand years, or during satan's little season?

Revelation 9:15 And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men.
16 And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand: and I heard the number of them.
17 And thus I saw the horses in the vision, and them that sat on them, having breastplates of fire, and of jacinth, and brimstone: and the heads of the horses were as the heads of lions; and out of their mouths issued fire and smoke and brimstone.
18 By these three was the third part of men killed, by the fire, and by the smoke, and by the brimstone, which issued out of their mouths.
19 For their power is in their mouth, and in their tails: for their tails were like unto serpents, and had heads, and with them they do hurt.
20 And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:
21 Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.

Per Amil would this be meaning during the thousand years, or during satan's little season?

Revelation 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.
10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.
11 And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.
13 And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.

Revelation 13:5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

Revelation 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,592.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
This narrative reveals a vivid account of the harvest that accompanies the second coming at the end of this age.
I do not see Revelation 14:14-20 happening at the Return.
Your mistake is to make the Sixth Seal just a warning and not the actual event described. The mention of the 'winepress', in Revelation 19:15 is a reference back to the already happened Sixth Seal.
Proved by how Jesus merely kills all those at Armageddon by the Sword of His Word and there bodies are food for the carrion eaters. NO blood!

Shuffling the Sixth Seal is a bad mistake, it will be the next prophesied event to happen, triggered by an attack on Israel by Iran and their proxies.

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your mistake is to make the Sixth Seal just a warning and not the actual event described. The mention of the 'winepress', in Revelation 19:15 is a reference back to the already happened Sixth Seal.
Proved by how Jesus merely kills all those at Armageddon by the Sword of His Word and there bodies are food for the carrion eaters. NO blood!

Shuffling the Sixth Seal is a bad mistake, it will be the next prophesied event to happen, triggered by an attack on Israel by Iran and their proxies.

I am stating what Amils believe. The above proves the Amil narrative and rebuts Premil.

• Winner
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That would have to be the logic. So let me provide a few random examples from Revelation.

Revelation 8:7 The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.

During the thousand years. As sovereigngrace already explained, Abaddon/Apollyon is the angel of the abyss and the king of those who dwell there. It is the spiritual realm of darkness, so I believe the locusts symbolically represent fallen angels and their king is Satan. So, Satan and his angels are not loosed from the bottomless pit/abyss until the fifth trumpet while the passage you quoted describes the first trumpet.

Revelation 9:15 And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men.
16 And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand: and I heard the number of them.
17 And thus I saw the horses in the vision, and them that sat on them, having breastplates of fire, and of jacinth, and brimstone: and the heads of the horses were as the heads of lions; and out of their mouths issued fire and smoke and brimstone.
18 By these three was the third part of men killed, by the fire, and by the smoke, and by the brimstone, which issued out of their mouths.
19 For their power is in their mouth, and in their tails: for their tails were like unto serpents, and had heads, and with them they do hurt.
20 And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:
21 Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.

Satan's little season because all of Revelation 9 occurs after the fifth trumpet sounds and Satan and his angels are loosed from the bottomless pit/abyss.

Revelation 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.
10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.
11 And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.
13 And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.

Satan's little season. I believe the 1260 day witness of the two witnesses symbolically represents the witness of the church during the New Testament era. A time will come when the witness of the church will be mostly silenced and Satan will be allowed his little season (symbolically represented as 3.5 days in Revelation 11) of unrestrained deception and wickedness.

Revelation 13:5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

I think Amils probably differ on this. I personally equate the 42 months of Revelation 13:5 with the 42 months of the heathen trampling on the holy city (heavenly Jerusalem - church) in Revelation 11:2 and the 1260 day witness of the two witnesses.

It is not until the end of the 1260 days that the beast ascends from the pit and then there is 3.5 days left after that until the 7th trumpet sounds and then that is the end when Christ returns (time for the dead to be judged and saints rewarded, etc.). So, that's why I see the 3.5 days as Satan's little season and the 42 months/1260 days as symbolic for the New Testament era.

Revelation 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

That passage reminds me of this passage:

Revelation 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: 10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? 11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

So, I would equate "the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth" with the "fellowservants" of the souls John saw who had previously been "slain for the word of God". In other words, I equate the fellowservants "that should be killed as they were" during the "little season" that was mentioned in Rev 6:11 with "the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth" mentioned in Rev 14:13.

As I mentioned in the "little season" thread you created, I equate the little season of Rev 6:11 with the little season of Rev 20, so my answer here is that Rev 14:12-13 relates to Satan's little season.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When do you see it happening then? Do you not see it as being equivalent to Matthew 13:36-43 which speaks of the harvest at the end of the age? Jesus returns at the end of the age (Matt 24:3).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,592.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
When do you see it happening then? Do you not see it as being equivalent to Matthew 13:36-43 which speaks of the harvest at the end of the age? Jesus returns at the end of the age (Matt 24:3).
At the Sixth Seal. The forthcoming terrible world changer that most people gloss over or ignore.
Revelation 19: 11-21 tells us about what will happen when Jesus Returns. It is a disposal operation, that leaves only the faithful believers to go with Him into the Millennium.

But at least 10 years before the Return, the event of a similar magnitude to what happened in the days of Noah, will set the scene for all the prophesied things to happen as described in Revelation from the Lord's Day of fiery wrath, Revelation 6:12-17.
I personally equate the 42 months of Revelation 13:5 with the 42 months of the heathen trampling on the holy city (heavenly Jerusalem - church) in Revelation 11:2 and the 1260 day witness of the two witnesses.
That final period of 3 1/2 years, or 42 months, or 1260 days; IS Satan's ' season'.
Satan is allowed to conquer the holy people, Zechariah 14:1-2, Daniel 11:29-44, Revelation 13:5-8 and near the end of that time, the armies are gathered at Armageddon, Rev 16:12-14, then Jesus Returns and destroys them and chains up Satan. Zechariah 14:3-5, Daniel 11:45, Revelation 20:1-2
Satan does have another 'little season', at the end of the Millennium. Revelation 20:7-10

Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
At the Sixth Seal. The forthcoming terrible world changer that most people gloss over or ignore.
Revelation 19: 11-21 tells us about what will happen when Jesus Returns. It is a disposal operation, that leaves only the faithful believers to go with Him into the Millennium.

But at least 10 years before the Return, the event of a similar magnitude to what happened in the days of Noah, will set the scene for all the prophesied things to happen as described in Revelation from the Lord's Day of fiery wrath, Revelation 6:12-17.
How are you coming up with the idea that the sixth seal is opened 10 years before His return? And how does it relate to the flood? The flood destroyed all the unbelievers on the earth. All unbelievers will be killed at His return as well (Matt 24:35-39, 2 Peter 3:3-13).

That final period of 3 1/2 years, or 42 months, or 1260 days; IS Satan's ' season'.
Satan is allowed to conquer the holy people, Zechariah 14:1-2, Daniel 11:29-44, Revelation 13:5-8 and near the end of that time, the armies are gathered at Armageddon, Rev 16:12-14, then Jesus Returns and destroys them and chains up Satan. Zechariah 14:3-5, Daniel 11:45, Revelation 20:1-2
Satan does have another 'little season', at the end of the Millennium. Revelation 20:7-10
What in the world did he do to deserve two future little seasons? One is enough and one is all he will get.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe that man of sin is a proliferation of unrestrained sin, rebellion and debauchery before the Lord's return. I don't see it as merely a person but as the spirit of rebellion within man. I believe Paul shows that this will infiltrate into the true Church. The flesh will come to the fore taking the place of Christ.

I believe this refers to the spirit of anti-Christ operating within the true Church in the last days – evidenced by the notable growth of false doctrine and unscriptural practices, signs and wonders. That is not to suggest that this anti-Christ spirit can possess the true believer – I don't believe so – but he can influence the believer to accept, expound and walk in error.

The "man of sin" is that natural carnal man within all of us. If we give him an inch he will usurp God every single time. The fact is, either Christ reigns on the throne in the believer or self does. There is no joint control. That man of sin is our greatest enemy in life.

Let me start with this last part here. I don't think we are too far apart here. I tend to see it similar to what you do here. At this point I'm not convinced though, that this equates to the beast ascending out of the pit after the thousand years. One reason why is because Revelation 20:4 already proves that the beast has ascended out of the pit before satan is ever loosed from the pit.

As to the first portion of your post involving the 5th trumpet, I'm not asking the following in order to necessarily make this be about Premil vs Amil, I'm asking this because I'm not seeing the logic in the 5th trumpet involving satan coming out of it, even if I were an Amil I would still not be seeing the logic in it. And the following are some of the reasons why.

Revelation 9:1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.
2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.
3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.
5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.

The first thing to note is, at this point in the text this only shows locusts coming out. It mentions zero about anyone else emerging from the pit as well, keeping in mind that I'm meaning as of at this point in the text. Once these locusts come out, the text indicates---And it was commanded them that they should not hurt--but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads. How is it logical that satan would be behind that? The text says---it was commanded them---so who is it that commanded them? Maybe the following perhaps? And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

If this is who commanded them, and that this is meaning satan, why would satan be commanding someone to only hurt those that have not the seal of God in their foreheads? How can anyone that does not have the seal of God in their foreheads not be one of satan's followers? To me it makes more sense that the 5th trumpet is involving something God is doing, not something satan is doing.

Getting back to verse 4 and who is it that is commanding them, the text also indicates---that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree. Why would that be something satan is commanding someone? It seems to me then, that if the one commanding them is meaning the king of them(verse 11), this king can't be meaning satan since what they are being commanded to do or not do doesn't fit what satan would be commanding someone to do or not do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,592.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
How are you coming up with the idea that the sixth seal is opened 10 years before His return? And how does it relate to the flood?
The Seventh Seal is a time gap of about a half hour in heaven. This equates to about 20 years earth time. But it could be a short as 10 years, to fulfil all the prophesied things from the Sixth Seal until the Return.

Jesus said: As it was in the Days of Noah, so it shall be when the Son of Man comes. Matthew 24:37-39
What in the world did he do to deserve two future little seasons? One is enough and one is all he will get.
God uses Satan to test people. Revelation plainly says Satan will have world control before Jesus Returns and will again seduce many at the end of the Millennium.
Why do you make such obviously wrong comments?

Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Seventh Seal is a time gap of about a half hour in heaven. This equates to about 20 years earth time. But it could be a short as 10 years, to fulfil all the prophesied things from the Sixth Seal until the Return.
Where are you getting the idea that a half hour in heaven equates to 20 years earth time?

God uses Satan to test people. Revelation plainly says Satan will have world control before Jesus Returns and will again seduce many at the end of the Millennium.
Why do you make such obviously wrong comments?
It's obviously wrong that Satan will get 2 future times where he is allowed to wreak unrestrained havoc in the world. That makes no sense whatsoever. Why would he be allowed that?

Upvote 0