• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Which one is more culturally "relevant?"

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by authiodionitist, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Greek

2. Serbian

3. Russian

4. Romanian

5. Syrian/Arabic/Lebanese

6. Bulgarian

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. authiodionitist

authiodionitist Senior Member

+18
    Eastern Orthodox
    Engaged
    When you think of these cultures, which one "clicks" better with you?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+17,786
    Christian
    Married
    Uhmmm am I missing something here? :scratch:
    tulc(I don't see anything to compare) :sorry:

3. authiodionitist

+18
    Eastern Orthodox
    Engaged
    Oh, sorry. Comparing American culture to these ones, which one is more culturally proximate?

4. Fireinfolding

Fireinfolding ....

+3,332
    Christian
    Married
    I dont understand what the question is.

Is Amish a culture? Can we chose outside the box?

5. Tavita

Tavita beside quiet waters He restores my soul..

+207
    Christian
    AU-Liberals
    It could be we are more familiar with the Greek way of thinking. Our New Testaments are based on Greek. Is that what you're meaning?

6. authiodionitist

+18
    Eastern Orthodox
    Engaged
    *Sigh* Sometimes I doubt my ability to communicate.

Let me try again:
    As an American, which culture is most easy for you to realte to? For example, if you have a person from each of these cultures, and there is no language gap, which friend do you get along with most easily?

7. ContentInHim

ContentInHim Guest

+0
    I don't know since I don't know any people from those cultures! :p

Don't let us get to you - you're doing fine!

8. Fireinfolding

Fireinfolding ....

+3,332
    Christian
    Married
    Hey sis!!:clap:

Same here^_^

Rather then repeat what you just said I'll ditto it.

I love the Amish, can we count them?^_^

9. Melethiel

Melethiel Miserere mei, Domine Supporter

+827
    Lutheran
    Married
    I don't know. I get along fine with Greeks. I usually end up bickering with Russians (obviously). Don't know any of the others.

10. authiodionitist

+18
    Eastern Orthodox
    Engaged
    You bicker with Russians? Are you a German?

11. authiodionitist

+18
    Eastern Orthodox
    Engaged
    Thanks guys! =D

12. Melethiel

Melethiel Miserere mei, Domine Supporter

+827
    Lutheran
    Married
    *points to flag* Ukrainian.

13. pgp_protector

pgp_protector Noted strange person

+15,907
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Of that list, as to what is "relevant" (in what context ??? ) to me, I'd have to go with Russian just because I'm 1/2 Russian :)

14. Jipsah

Jipsah Blood Drinker

+2,030
    Anglican
    Married
    US-Others
    I like Koreans (big surprise there, huh?) I've liked most of the Russians that I've met. I have one pal who's Romanian, and we get on fine. Never really met any Greeks or Bulgarians. I like Canadians. I have a neighbor who's Persian and he's a pretty good old boy. Back in the day a couple of my buddies were Chinese (and they probably still are, but I haven't seen 'em in a long time) and they were cool. I even like some Yankees. <Evil Grin>

15. Jipsah

Jipsah Blood Drinker

+2,030
    Anglican
    Married
    US-Others
    There's a truly foxy Ukrainian girl who works at the bank around the corner. If only I were single, and 30 years younger, and a lot better looking......:sorry:

16. authiodionitist

+18
    Eastern Orthodox
    Engaged
    I didn't notice the flag! Sorry! Yes I know Ukrainians have that whole "national identity" thing to work out. Who wants to know who he is? If he looks in the mirror, all he'll see is a sinner! And then he'll want the Savior.

Ok, so the identity dilemma is a good thing.
    :)

17. FLANDIDLYANDERS

FLANDIDLYANDERS When I am slain may my corpse lie facing the Enemy

+261
    Other Religion
    Single
    I'm English, I only hate the French and the Scottish. Oh, and Americans. ;)

18. Apollo Celestio

Apollo Celestio Deal with it.

+1,259
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    US-Green
    You're funny.

I guess Arabics/Syrians, at least in the UAE, since they have alot of the nice stuff like we do.

19. authiodionitist

+18
    Eastern Orthodox
    Engaged
    OOOHhhh!! now we're getting somewhere. Cultural relevancy is defined by similarity of lifestyle and material amenities?

20. Strong in Him

Strong in Him I can do all things through Christ Supporter

+5,706
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    What he said - oh hang on, I'm, 1/4 Scottish. Well, just the French then. :D ;)

One of my sister-in-laws is Greek, they got married, and my nephews were baptised in a Greek orthodox church, so I guess that is the culture I know something about from the list. But then I'm not American, so you weren't asking me. :doh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.