Which of the following actions do you support as part of a peacful protest?

Which of the following actions do you support as part of a peacful protest?

• Looting businesses

• Throwing things at police

• Burning buildings

• Assaulting people

• Attacking vehicles that do not stop

• Fire bombing churches

• Graffitti and damaging property

• None of the above.

Results are only viewable after voting.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think the 800 pound gorilla in the room is the ability to separate the peaceful protestors from rioters. So, please choose publicly what actions do you support as part of a peaceful protest.

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So we get a poll with seven versions of option “I beat my wife“ and one option of I do not.

Let me guess. After everyone has chosen the I do not beat my wife option we can discuss how bad all the rioters and looters are since we have just confirmed It by the way of this great poll.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So we get a poll with seven versions of option “I beat my wife“ and one option of I do not.

Let me guess. After everyone has chosen the I do not beat my wife option we can discuss how bad all the rioters and looters are since we have just confirmed It by the way of this great poll.

you are more than welcome to express how the rioters and looters are good if you like

Reactions: Arc F1
Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I think the 800 pound gorilla in the room is the ability to separate the peaceful protestors from rioters.
If a group of Proud Boys shows up to a MAGA rally and starts fighting with counterprotesters, do you think everyone should be rounded up, or just the people fighting?

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
the ability to separate the peaceful protestors from rioters.
On the news I saw what seemed like this >

A demonstration was quiet and peaceful. They did not require any attention from the police. Anyone who left the group to pillage would stand out like a sore thumb as not being in the demonstration. The police could leave the demonstration alone and give attention to the bad actors. The peaceful demonstrators were so well-behaved, that ones wanting to loot and riot could not blend in with the demonstrators and do what they came to do, at the same time. The bad actors would have to leave the demonstration in order to loot and riot, and police right away could keep track of those who left.

And, if you keep the six foot rule, then anyone acting up will stand out even more like a sore thumb; and everyone takes a knee, and the bad actors are shown-up because they might still be standing up trying to get attention to draw people away to rioting and looting.

And honor the police and soldiers. And have plain clothes officers among the demonstrators so they can spot anyone talking in a way intended to start rioting. And take such a one out and ID the person, and see if he or she even is from another state . . . and thus can be federally charged with interstate travel in order to incite a riot.

And there have been police demonstrating with the demonstrators. This can multi-task > the police demonstrating can help give our officers a good name, while also they are right in the group where they can readily detect any trouble makers. Even if they don't arrest them, they can ID them and do intel on who they are, in case the bad actors are with organized criminal operators for chaos or looting. And this can help the police to know who is who.

So, it looks as though a number of demonstrators are getting wise to how they can cancel out people who are trying to highjack and shanghai demonstrations.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
you are more than welcome to express how the rioters and looters are good if you like

Nobody is saying they are good.

Ticking multiple options that burning cars is bad, burning businesses is bad, molesting a minor is bad, molesting police chief is bad, molesting police officer’s dog is bad, burning police officer’s dog is bad and burning and molesting police officer’s dog afterwards is also bad.

It just looks a no brainer poll with one option.

Futile waste of time. If you have a point then make it instead of wasting everyone’s time with your illusionary “choices” to get the one and only option you want people to make as if it somehow magically proves whatever point you plan to make afterwards.

If brevity is the soul of wit then this poll is totally without it.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think the 800 pound gorilla in the room is the ability to separate the peaceful protestors from rioters. So, please choose publicly what actions do you support as part of a peaceful protest.
What is the point of this poll? No one here would check any box but “none of the above.” That’s a list of stuff that rioters do, it’s not a list of protest tactics. So what is the point?

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
On the news I saw what seemed like this >

A demonstration was quiet and peaceful. They did not require any attention from the police. Anyone who left the group to pillage would stand out like a sore thumb as not being in the demonstration. The police could leave the demonstration alone and give attention to the bad actors. The peaceful demonstrators were so well-behaved, that ones wanting to loot and riot could not blend in with the demonstrators and do what they came to do, at the same time. The bad actors would have to leave the demonstration in order to loot and riot, and police right away could keep track of those who left.

And, if you keep the six foot rule, then anyone acting up will stand out even more like a sore thumb; and everyone takes a knee, and the bad actors are shown-up because they might still be standing up trying to get attention to draw people away to rioting and looting.

And honor the police and soldiers. And have plain clothes officers among the demonstrators so they can spot anyone talking in a way intended to start rioting. And take such a one out and ID the person, and see if he or she even is from another state . . . and thus can be federally charged with interstate travel in order to incite a riot.

And there have been police demonstrating with the demonstrators. This can multi-task > the police demonstrating can help give our officers a good name, while also they are right in the group where they can readily detect any trouble makers. Even if they don't arrest them, they can ID them and do intel on who they are, in case the bad actors are with organized criminal operators for chaos or looting. And this can help the police to know who is who.

So, it looks as though a number of demonstrators are getting wise to how they can cancel out people who are trying to highjack and shanghai demonstrations.
That never lasts because police are being yelled at and told over and over they are a problem, and so the police hate the protesters. So they will eventually make a move that starts an altercation. Usually pushing the protesters back or not letting them march. I’ve watched it many, many times.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
IMO, if you're protesting police violence, then police facilities are legitimate targets. I'd prefer they not target people, but if they want to set fire to a bunch of police stations and police cars, *shrug*

• Agree
Reactions: gaara4158
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
police are being yelled at and told over and over they are a problem, and so the police hate the protesters.
So, do you agree, then, that protesters need to not yell at the police?

My definition of a peaceful protest would include not yelling at the police. And I think Romans 13 is very clear how we must not diss ones in authority.

In one case, on the news, I saw how a higher ranking officer communicated, asked them to keep the six o'clock curfew, and he took a knee and the demonstrators were encouraged by that. But I have not verified how things really worked, later. So, for all I know, you might be right to say that, later, things could have broken down. But anyone who obeyed would not be out there to get trouble.

I suppose demonstration leaders could meet with the police and work out their strategy for exactly what to do if bad actors start dissing the police and start trying to embroil the peaceful ones in things. Maybe do something like this > train the peaceful ones to do a specific action, when bad actors try to mess things up. They could form files six feet apart, and if anyone tries to push them around, they can be captured. Maybe form files, all take a knee, and then officers and soldiers can move through the files and get the ones making trouble.

If ones still invent ways to mess with that, that is not the fault of the peaceful ones or officers. Of course, evil people can find ways to mess things up. And they will likely not respect any method or negotiating. It was like that in the times of negotiating with native tribes > ones were honorable, while others could care less about keeping any treaty.

So, I suppose you can train people how to be still while officers comb out the bad actors. But you would need to put officers on notice that they must not molest anyone who is being still and on a knee, or whatever. They could comb through the files.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟329,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

My definition of a peaceful protest would include not yelling at the police. And I think Romans 13 is very clear how we must not diss ones in authority.

In one case, on the news, I saw how a higher ranking officer communicated, asked them to keep the six o'clock curfew, and he took a knee and the demonstrators were encouraged by that. But I have not verified how things really worked, later. So, for all I know, you might be right to say that, later, things could have broken down. But anyone who obeyed would not be out there to get trouble.

I suppose demonstration leaders could meet with the police and work out their strategy for exactly what to do if bad actors start dissing the police and start trying to embroil the peaceful ones in things. Maybe do something like this > train the peaceful ones to do a specific action, when bad actors try to mess things up. They could form files six feet apart, and if anyone tries to push them around, they can be captured. Maybe form files, all take a knee, and then officers and soldiers can move through the files and get the ones making trouble.

If ones still invent ways to mess with that, that is not the fault of the peaceful ones or officers. Of course, evil people can find ways to mess things up. And they will likely not respect any method or negotiating. It was like that in the times of negotiating with native tribes > ones were honorable, while others could care less about keeping any treaty.

So, I suppose you can train people how to be still while officers comb out the bad actors. But you would need to put officers on notice that they must not molest anyone who is being still and on a knee, or whatever. They could comb through the files.

So you would agree the COVID-19 protests were not peaceful? There are plenty of photos of those protesters, some even with guns, yelling at and confronting police -- not to mention their takeover of government buildings.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And that is not Biblical. Romans 13

And in case anyone goes against God's way >

"God resists the proud" (in James 4:6 and also in 1 Peter 5:5).

So, what we do needs to be with obvious respect and encouragement for our police officers who every day risk their lives to protect your mother, your child, your best friend, your soul mate. At least for this reason, honor and encourage them.

And have this feeding how you demonstrate.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I haven’t seen anyone excusing any of those options as part of a peaceful protest. Not sure what the point of the poll is supposed to be so I picked all the choices.

Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

adrianmonk

Recursive Algorithm
Jan 14, 2008
Seattle, WA
✟217,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
This is the moment it all happened : Seattle (from Reddit)

The reddit comments do contain language not permitted in these forums, but if you view the video (keep an eye on the pink umbrella), you can clearly see that the escalation was started by the Police. The police attempt to take a pink umbrella from a protester, and there is a small tug of war after which pepper spray is applied. The thread has other videos which show a closer up view of the person with the pink umbrella which backs up the peaceful protesting claim. (These videos contain foul language as well)

There are multiple videos from other cities where cops have pulled a mask from a man who is standing with his hands up peacefully protesting to spray pepper spray on his face. Another one where protesters are standing peacefully on the side of the road and police cars driving by spray the protesters down again.

So which of these Police actions do you support ?

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

No, it is their first amendment right to yell at the police, this is a form of airing their grievances with government. It is legal and to shut it down would be a sign of an authoritarian regime. I’ve yelled at police before, after seeing them commit so much abuse it’s a natural desire.

Do you believe that we should “not diss” someone simply because they are in a place of authority? That would mean that no one should have resisted the Nazis, and that Rosa Parks should have just gone to the back of the bus. Jesus resisted authority. Most of our heroes in history were involved in some kind of resistance of authority, at least mine are!

I think you’re coming from a good place here, but this is naive. First, the police often don’t want to work with the protesters. Understand, the protesters are protesting them, the police. The protesters want to take power away from the police. The police, naturally, see the protesters as a threat. The police often try to trick and entrap protesters. They “kettle” them. They beat and abuse them. As a protester, I would never trust the police to “make a plan” with them. The police have targeted, tricked, beaten and arrested leaders of the movement, and my friends. Why would we trust them?

Now let’s talk about “training” the peaceful protesters. I think you misunderstood what is happening at a protest. A “leader” or “ organizer” will propose a protest at a certain time and place on social media. That message gets spread far and wide. Thousands of people who don’t know each other show up. When would you “train” them? People on the left are anti-authoritarian, we don’t like others telling us what to do. There is just no way to get all of those people acting on some kind of coordinated strategy. But what has happened is that, since most protesters oppose the looting and rioting, and are the types to take action when they see something they think is wrong, they are quite often intervening. But they aren’t an army or an organization that gets together and plans a huge cohesive action. Most don’t know each other at all.

Again, no way to “train” people, we aren’t an army. I wish we could “put officers on notice” not to molest peaceful protesters! What a dream! Don’t you see that the cops want the protesters and the rioters to be seen as one group? They want to shut all of this down, because they are the targets of the protests. You can’t really expect the cops to be motivated to protect the rights of people who are anti-cop.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I’ve yelled at police before, after seeing them commit so much abuse it’s a natural desire.
But I would say it is right to yell only at anyone who you eyewitness to be committing abuse.

What about the police who are not abusing????

I would say part of our right way of demonstrating includes not yelling at ones who are not abusing. And it does seem there are times and places where there are demonstrations and police are not abusing.

Upvote 0

adrianmonk

Recursive Algorithm
Jan 14, 2008
Seattle, WA
✟217,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
But I would say it is right to yell only at anyone who you eyewitness to be committing abuse.

What about the police who are not abusing????

I would say part of our right way of demonstrating includes not yelling at ones who are not abusing. And it does seem there are times and places where there are demonstrations and police are not abusing.

Being triggered by people yelling and responding with pepper spray does not seem to be the temperament required to be a police officer.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you believe that we should “not diss” someone simply because they are in a place of authority?
I have talked with police, and I would be very respectful, and talk about how they are in maybe the most trusted profession there is . . . how they can be the first to reach a person in great need and be trusted alone with the person, and they can daily risk their lives to protect even evil people.

And then I might bring up the subject of domestic abuse being betrayal of trust and love. And then I might talk about how God's word says not to argue or complain, and arguing and complaining are abusive, and therefore I am not the only person who needs to get real in how God's word says to relate in His love.

"Do all things without complaining and disputing," (Philippians 2:14)

We need to all be good examples to our children, not abuse them with bad example!!

So, I might say, then, to an officer > all of us need real correction, then, not only ones of a certain group of people.

So, you use yelling as a method; I would say this might do something, but I doubt it can help a person find out how to love.

Yes, Jesus did buck authority, but He spent personal time with ones who did not know how to love.

Upvote 0