Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Our spirit returns to God who gave it when our bodies return to dust.

That is the breath of life
Job_33:4The S
pirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life.

Joh 11:23 Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.
Joh 11:24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.
Joh 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
Joh 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
Joh 11:27 She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world,

Martha didn't say--"Lord, Lazarus is in heaven with the Father, leave him there to be happy." she didn't say he might b in hell, hurry and do something to end his suffering. She acknowledged he would rise again at the resurrection day. Jesus said he was sleeping. At the coming of Jesus, we get our reward, not at death.

Rev_22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
The decision as to whom is saved or lost will have been determined when Jesus comes. For he comes for the saved. The lost are left dead for those 1000 years. Then they face their reward. There is no 2nd chance. We make our decision here on this earth.

2Co_6:2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Salvation comes to those turn to God, are baptized, then keep the commandments and do the will of the Father:

(New Testament | John 3:5)

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

(New Testament | 2 Peter 2:20 - 22)

20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

(New Testament | Galatians 1:3 - 11)

3 Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ,
4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:
5 To whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.
11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

We are saved by the Triune God.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
That is the breath of life
Job_33:4The S
pirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life.

Joh 11:23 Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.
Joh 11:24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.
Joh 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
Joh 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
Joh 11:27 She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world,

Martha didn't say--"Lord, Lazarus is in heaven with the Father, leave him there to be happy." she didn't say he might b in hell, hurry and do something to end his suffering. She acknowledged he would rise again at the resurrection day. Jesus said he was sleeping. At the coming of Jesus, we get our reward, not at death.

Rev_22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
The decision as to whom is saved or lost will have been determined when Jesus comes. For he comes for the saved. The lost are left dead for those 1000 years. Then they face their reward. There is no 2nd chance. We make our decision here on this earth.

2Co_6:2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)
(New Testament | Luke 23:43)

43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

(New Testament | 2 Corinthians 12:2 - 4)

2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.
3 And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;)
4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

(New Testament | Revelation 2:7 - 8)

7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.
8 And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
(New Testament | Luke 23:43)

43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

(New Testament | 2 Corinthians 12:2 - 4)

2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.
3 And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;)
4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

(New Testament | Revelation 2:7 - 8)

7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.
8 And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;

And??? What is it you think this means??

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
He will be with Jesus in the spirit world after he dies.

Sorry--it says that 14 years ago he met a fellow Christian that had had a vision. (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth) what do you think this means--in the body or out of it?---if the man had died----he would not have been able to relate this story. Certainly Paul would have known if the man was dead or not. That man said he was caught up---went to the 3rd heaven, which is the realm where God and the angels dwell----Paul just doesn't know if the man had actually gone there or it was a heavenly vision that he had seen or a dream. Says nothing about anyone having died, gone to heaven and came back down to tell about it. The people that Jesus and the disciples raised from the dead--even those from the old testament---not a single solitary one ever said a word about the experience of death. Lazarus didn't say anything, neither did the little girl. Neither did those in the OT that were raised from the dead. We are, as Jesus said several times---sleeping.

Neither did I see anything when I went into respiratory arrest over a year ago after surgery. I have one recollection--a dream of having been in a room full of water, and I was in a heavy net, unable to tear open to get out--I couldn't breathe---I believe that was when I went into reparatory failure. All of a sudden I gave up fighting, and I said, "whatever you want Lord, whatever you want--dead or alive, whatever you want."---All of a sudden I felt an incredible sense of utter and complete peace, as I had never experienced before. It felt like I was in the arms of God---and I could breathe, and I fell asleep---everything went black. I believe that was when I died. They brought me back. I was in a coma for 2 months, on a ventilator. When I woke up, I had to learn how to do everything, even had to learn how to sit up in bed.
Years ago I had several dreams of being in heaven. I can't say that they were actually dreams from God, a vision, or just a dream. As Paul said--God knoweth. But they were beautiful. The colors intense. I like thinking about them.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Sorry--it says that 14 years ago he met a fellow Christian that had had a vision. (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth) what do you think this means--in the body or out of it?---if the man had died----he would not have been able to relate this story. Certainly Paul would have known if the man was dead or not. That man said he was caught up---went to the 3rd heaven, which is the realm where God and the angels dwell----Paul just doesn't know if the man had actually gone there or it was a heavenly vision that he had seen or a dream. Says nothing about anyone having died, gone to heaven and came back down to tell about it. The people that Jesus and the disciples raised from the dead--even those from the old testament---not a single solitary one ever said a word about the experience of death. Lazarus didn't say anything, neither did the little girl. Neither did those in the OT that were raised from the dead. We are, as Jesus said several times---sleeping.

Neither did I see anything when I went into respiratory arrest over a year ago after surgery. I have one recollection--a dream of having been in a room full of water, and I was in a heavy net, unable to tear open to get out--I couldn't breathe---I believe that was when I went into reparatory failure. All of a sudden I gave up fighting, and I said, "whatever you want Lord, whatever you want--dead or alive, whatever you want."---All of a sudden I felt an incredible sense of utter and complete peace, as I had never experienced before. It felt like I was in the arms of God---and I could breathe, and I fell asleep---everything went black. I believe that was when I died. They brought me back. I was in a coma for 2 months, on a ventilator. When I woke up, I had to learn how to do everything, even had to learn how to sit up in bed.
Years ago I had several dreams of being in heaven. I can't say that they were actually dreams from God, a vision, or just a dream. As Paul said--God knoweth. But they were beautiful. The colors intense. I like thinking about them.
Having read over 50 books about people who have had a near death experiences, i know that the spirit can return to the body once it has left. Sometimes it is not that person's time to die. I have also talked to people that have had a NDE. Many of them have talked about the amazing colors they encountered during their NDE.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Having read over 50 books about people who have had a near death experiences, i know that the spirit can return to the body once it has left. Sometimes it is not that person's time to die. I have also talked to people that have had a NDE. Many of them have talked about the amazing colors they encountered during their NDE.

Yes, so have I---Ask a Hindu--they encounter their gods--ask a Buddhists--they experience their NDE according to their believes. Ask any other person from any religion, they will experience their NDE according to their believes. Do you believe the Hindu is right? They have many gods--not a one of these other religions experiences a NDE according to Christian believes---only Christians do that.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Yes, so have I---Ask a Hindu--they encounter their gods--ask a Buddhists--they experience their NDE according to their believes. Ask any other person from any religion, they will experience their NDE according to their believes. Do you believe the Hindu is right? They have many gods--not a one of these other religions experiences a NDE according to Christian believes---only Christians do that.
Peoples beliefs don't change when they die because they have their agency and can believe whatever they want to believe. That being said they don't sleep but are totally aware of what is going on around them. The body sleeps, but not the spirit:

(New Testament | Mark 14:38)

38 Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. The spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is weak.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Peoples beliefs don't change when they die because they have their agency and can believe whatever they want to believe. That being said they don't sleep but are totally aware of what is going on around them. The body sleeps, but not the spirit:

(New Testament | Mark 14:38)

38 Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. The spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is weak.

That verse has nothing to do with this. It is a fact, backed up by many people all over the world who have given their NDE. What they come back relaying, depends solely on what their religious believes are. A Hindu has never come back relating that he had seen the Christian God and heaven, but the Hindu gods. They relate whatever their believes of the after life are. They have not come back saying they've seen the Christian hell either. This is something you can look up.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
That verse has nothing to do with this. It is a fact, backed up by many people all over the world who have given their NDE. What they come back relaying, depends solely on what their religious believes are. A Hindu has never come back relating that he had seen the Christian God and heaven, but the Hindu gods. They relate whatever their believes of the after life are. They have not come back saying they've seen the Christian hell either. This is something you can look up.
They all came back knowing that they died and were still alive.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
They all came back knowing that they died and were still alive.

Of course. So what? That is not the point. Is their version correct? Are there Hindu gods?
Christians say everyone goes to heaven or hell---God or Satan, if the NDE are real, wouldn't all of us be going to either heaven or hell? The NDE can be replicated---with oxygen deprivation. Not to the point of death, just to the point of passing out. Pilots and deep sea divers have had them without dying. There have been atheists with NDE---they saw nothing. This was the 2nd time for me. I had the first one 40 years ago. Again, after surgery---I saw nothing. Back then I wanted nothing to do with God.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
That is true and as far as I know it is the only NDE in the Bible.

Yes---And the bible dies not say that---It says he knew a man --if it had been him, why not say so, that would have settled the question and certainly been a testimony, no reason to hide it. Death was never mentioned, people claim out of body experiences without death. Paul certainly wasn't vague or shy about any of his other visions and dreams.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Of course. So what? That is not the point. Is their version correct? Are there Hindu gods?
Christians say everyone goes to heaven or hell---God or Satan, if the NDE are real, wouldn't all of us be going to either heaven or hell? The NDE can be replicated---with oxygen deprivation. Not to the point of death, just to the point of passing out. Pilots and deep sea divers have had them without dying. There have been atheists with NDE---they saw nothing. This was the 2nd time for me. I had the first one 40 years ago. Again, after surgery---I saw nothing. Back then I wanted nothing to do with God.
Howard Storm was atheist:
https://www.near-death.com/experiences/notable/howard-storm.html

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Not really---He had heard the truth and believed it, ust did nt want to follow. Are you of the opinion that all the Hindu NDE are the real thing---their gods are truth, all those others--the Buddhists and heir views, they are the way too? Are their NDE truth also???
I believe that all Hindu NDEs are real. Hindus see God too and may call Him Yamapatna because to them that is His name. Their experience is similar to that of a Christian. They tend to understand the NDE in there own terms but some people do change their beliefs after they return. Some people do see hell:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.