Jun 27, 2015
✟38,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have been researching Apple and am interested in getting my first Apple device because I found out that you can have a trusted friend setup restrictions where only certain apps and websites are allowed, and so I think this is safer for responsible Internet use compared to Android. Just about as I was concluding that iPhone SE (2020 version, not the original SE) was what would be within my cost range, I made a discovery that the newer iPhones do not have any traditional earphone jack for wired earphones, but you have to connect an adapter to a lightning port. I don't like this because I have other devices such as mp3 players and an audio Bible players that do not have wireless earphone capability and want to be able to switch wired earphone easily between devices in case their is an Internet outage or connectivity problem when I am streaming Bible audio from the Bible gateway app or other Bible apps that stream it online.

Someone told me that one of the iPhone 6 versions is the one that still has the headphone jack. Since I was wanting to be cheap anyways, I may have found an excuse to be even cheaper and get iPhone 6 so I can have the headphone jack. Am I making too big of a deal about wanting the traditional headphone jack? I may want to ask if other iPhone users have still had a positive experience with using the airpods or Bluetooth headphones but also wired earphones with the adapter, and that maybe this is not as big of a deal as I am making it. Wireless earphones can be harder to replace if misplaced and my skull candy Bluetooth earphones started having distortion so may need to be replaced.

If I get an iPhone that may soon not have support from Apple updates will I experience serious technical problems with the OS or apps? At this point I don't know if I it is that important since any Apple device I get will give me access to a number of apps and I do not have that now with the flip phone I have that has no Internet access. Using a flip phone is partly because of a technical problem with Android in the past that Google was unwilling to help resolve.

I like a number of apps for listening to worship music including an app from a Christian organization that lets me listen to a prayer room I have visited in Kansas City on vacations. Someone there told me that there can be problems with one of their apps for worship music if I don't have a device that is still supported by Apple. I also like playing games of chess on the chess.com app with people around the world. I plan to use FaceTime to call my special needs family member so also need to know about that.

If I get an older iPhone I want to be sure that the restrictions setup where only approved websites or apps are allowed still works okay and is secure.

Finally I read about a process of transferring your data from Android to iPhone. If I try to use that process will that copy my apps over from Android onto iPhone? I'm not sure that will be possible since Google Play is not the same App Store that you get apps from Apple.

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have been researching Apple and am interested in getting my first Apple device because I found out that you can have a trusted friend setup restrictions where only certain apps and websites are allowed, and so I think this is safer for responsible Internet use compared to Android. Just about as I was concluding that iPhone SE (2020 version, not the original SE) was what would be within my cost range, I made a discovery that the newer iPhones do not have any traditional earphone jack for wired earphones, but you have to connect an adapter to a lightning port. I don't like this because I have other devices such as mp3 players and an audio Bible players that do not have wireless earphone capability and want to be able to switch wired earphone easily between devices in case their is an Internet outage or connectivity problem when I am streaming Bible audio from the Bible gateway app or other Bible apps that stream it online.

Someone told me that one of the iPhone 6 versions is the one that still has the headphone jack. Since I was wanting to be cheap anyways, I may have found an excuse to be even cheaper and get iPhone 6 so I can have the headphone jack. Am I making too big of a deal about wanting the traditional headphone jack? I may want to ask if other iPhone users have still had a positive experience with using the airpods or Bluetooth headphones but also wired earphones with the adapter, and that maybe this is not as big of a deal as I am making it. Wireless earphones can be harder to replace if misplaced and my skull candy Bluetooth earphones started having distortion so may need to be replaced.

If I get an iPhone that may soon not have support from Apple updates will I experience serious technical problems with the OS or apps? At this point I don't know if I it is that important since any Apple device I get will give me access to a number of apps and I do not have that now with the flip phone I have that has no Internet access. Using a flip phone is partly because of a technical problem with Android in the past that Google was unwilling to help resolve.

I like a number of apps for listening to worship music including an app from a Christian organization that lets me listen to a prayer room I have visited in Kansas City on vacations. Someone there told me that there can be problems with one of their apps for worship music if I don't have a device that is still supported by Apple. I also like playing games of chess on the chess.com app with people around the world. I plan to use FaceTime to call my special needs family member so also need to know about that.

If I get an older iPhone I want to be sure that the restrictions setup where only approved websites or apps are allowed still works okay and is secure.

Finally I read about a process of transferring your data from Android to iPhone. If I try to use that process will that copy my apps over from Android onto iPhone? I'm not sure that will be possible since Google Play is not the same App Store that you get apps from Apple.
I bought a new iPhone and kept it six years. It was only supported with updates and patches for the first five years. I read a rumor it might be hacked and traded it in for a new iPhone. My data and apps transferred from the old iPhone phone to the new. I spend $.99 a month to store more photos in iCloud as the phone has limited memory. My new phone has 5G, but I do not have 5G cellular service in my area. My WiFi has 5G, if I remember correctly. I can use WiFi instead of cellular data.

Upvote 0

Wookiee

Cool. Cool, cool, cool.
Jul 19, 2013
Australia
✟50,940.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
My new phone has 5G, but I do not have 5G cellular service in my area. My WiFi has 5G, if I remember correctly. I can use WiFi instead of cellular data.

Your WiFi would be 5 GHz, which is a different concept and application to 5G cellular.

Upvote 0

JesseBassett

Follower of the way, the truth, and the life....
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Inver Grove Heights, MN, USA
Visit site
✟422,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I have an Iphone 6s. No problems updating to the latest IOS update (15.2). It works just fine for me.

Upvote 0

elytron

Oct 5, 2008
California
✟290,567.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Some iPad Mini 6 users have reported issue with their screen. They call it the "Jelly Scroll" effect. The other current iPad models don't suffer. I wouldn't recommend the Mini 6 for that reason.

I was silly and actually ordered one anyways. Because I wanted a more compact device. Waiting for it to be delivered.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums