• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

which exercise do you enjoy the most?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by prosperity4all, Aug 16, 2019.

1. prosperity4all

prosperity4all Member

+62
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    which exercise do you enjoy the most?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. “Paisios”

“Paisios” Sinner Supporter

+4,324
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Triathlon - It is a great exercise that utilizes most muscle groups, enhances flexibility, trains the cardio respiratory system in both endurance and sprint; it is primarily a sport which one competes against oneself, though also against others.

I’ve found triathletes to be some of the friendliest and most supportive athletes around. As an example (no disrespect to cyclists intended, but showing the friendliness of triathletes): when I did a cycling race, a rider crashed ahead of me. Other cyclists cursed him for getting in their way, and rode around him, leaving him to be attended by the first responders in place for that event. When a similar thing happened in a triathlon I attended, multiple triathletes stopped to help until first responders arrived. I’ve also seen triathletes stop and lose their time to help others change flat tires. There is just an atmosphere of courtesy and friendliness in triathlon (at least in the non-professional levels).

3. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,605
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Bicycling, Woodway treadmill, weight lifting, in that order for summer. Treadmill, weights, Pullover machine and Nautilus ab machine for winter.

4. SkyWriting

SkyWriting The Librarian Supporter

+6,528
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Walking and cycling with my dog at heals.

5. pdudgeon

pdudgeon Traditional Catholic Supporter

+10,306
    United States
    Catholic
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    Walking and gardening.
    They both provide me with exercise while also providing me with a daily challenge; to see how much I can do, to accomplish that which is difficult, and to provide me with personal satisfaction when I achieve what I desire.

6. Shane R

Shane R Priest Supporter

+619
    United States
    Anglican
    Widowed
    Strength training: primarily weight lifting. Cycling is second. Swimming is third, probably because I've never been able to sustain great technique.

7. Lost4words

Lost4words Jesus I Trust In You Supporter

+6,623
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    Sleeping in my basket

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Monksailor

Monksailor Adopted child of God. Supporter

+579
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    For me, it is riding my bike (pedal-type, Giant Sedona w/ergonomic crank) about an hour along Lk. MI shoreline from Ludington, MI to the state park and back or sailing or playing my flute or swimming (toe injury from surgery precludes walking or running); but working on houses and cars and yards and landscaping and pools and irrigation systems seems to have taken over in the past few yrs. I do see light at the end of the tunnel though and then I will get back into a biking and sailing routine, at least. The Lord willing.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  9. bhsmte

bhsmte Newbie

+11,614
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Right now, it is the versaclimber. As an avid runner in the past, i used to think nothing was better for cardiovascular conditioning than running, but the versaclimber has it beat and without the pounding on the knees.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  10. LaBèlla

LaBèlla Well-Known Member Supporter

+7,682
    United States
    Christian
    In Relationship
    Cycling, dance, walking, and golf.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. CharismaticLady

CharismaticLady Well-Known Member Supporter

+645
    United States
    Charismatic
    Celibate
    Distance swimming with a face mask and snorkle.

12. HisGraceAbounds

HisGraceAbounds Member Supporter

+197
    United States
    Protestant
    Private
    Swimming. Low impact, and I love being able to work hard without feeling overheated. I get to work all kinds of muscles that I can't target in the gym while lifting weights.

13. Silverback

Silverback Well-Known Member

+582
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    Well, when I was a dedicated, hardcore motivator as a Corpsman with 3rd Marines in K-Bay Hawaii, it was running, then running, then running some more, then finishing the day with a run.

When I served with 1/12, it was the stair climber, I could set it for level 10/12, and climb 500 (+) floors in 30 minutes.

But I am paying for it now at 56, now I just walk.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  14. Brightmoon

Brightmoon Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.

+4,162
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Single
    US-Others
    Dance I do a very short intense ballet warm up right before I get on the bus to go to work. I know that I shouldn’t warm up so fast but so far I’ve been lucky . Im going start warming up a little slower and watching my technique a little more though at my age it doesn’t matter.

15. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy Wake me when it's soup. Supporter

+8,979
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    Brisk walking in my beautiful hilly neighborhood.

16. Mak33y

Mak33y Soar Like An Eagle

+51
    Philippines
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Pilates and HIIT

17. Brightmoon

Brightmoon Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.

+4,162
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Single
    US-Others
    Ballet even though I look like those hippo ballerinas in the original Fantasia

18. shortangel

shortangel Member

+53
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    walking 2 miles a day :) & doing Hula aerobic dancing & low impact aerobics

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. .Mikha'el.

.Mikha'el. 7x13=28 Staff Member Supervisor Supporter

+3,302
    Canada
    Messianic
    Single
    Fitness Boxing for Nintendo Switch.

I also do plank and pushups four times a week, but I can't actually say I enjoy those. :puff:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. shortangel

shortangel Member

+53
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    that's wonderful