Western Canada
✟32,861.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Are you suggesting that people like L Ron Hubbard, the Rev. Elizabeth Clare Prophet, et cetera should be stoned? Because I can’t possibly agree.
I'm not going to get into my opinion since it doesn't matter. Only the Scripture matters. And besides, that's not the topic of this thread.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,269.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Are you suggesting that people like L Ron Hubbard, the Rev. Elizabeth Clare Prophet, et cetera should be stoned? Because I can’t possibly agree.

He blended the moral law of God with the civil laws and that does not work since it would mean that to claim it is still a sin to take God's name in vain - would mean you have to still offer animal sacrifices or stone people for various offenses. So I think it goes a fair bit beyond just stoning those list above in the case of the argument he makes..

The civil laws of the OT applied to the civil government of that Theocracy and as it turns out - we no longer have that Theocracy. This is an obvious point admitted to by even the "Baptist Confession of Faith" sectn 19 and also the "Westminster Confession of Faith - section 19"

Upvote 0