Which day of the Week is the Bible Sabbath?

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
The reason why there are so many threads on the Sabbath vs Sunday, is because its the biggest theological "Elephant" standing in the middle of this forum!

and the sda church, with all due respect, is not as large as an elephant, it is a tiny minority obscure theological view, said with courtesy, it is true though.:) luv ya bro....:wave:

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The reason why there are so many threads on the Sabbath vs Sunday, is because its the biggest theological "Elephant" standing in the middle of this forum!

Not exactly. It's more that the resident Sabbatarians have an agenda and an axe to grind against everyone who doesn't share in their peculiar pet doctrine.

It's less an elephant in the room and more a termite with a megaphone demanding lots of unnecessary attention.

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: Frogster
Upvote 0

New_Wineskin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2004
Elizabethtown , PA , usa
✟13,854.00
Faith
Non-Denom
and the sda church, with all due respect, is not as large as an elephant, it is a tiny minority obscure theological view, said with courtesy, it is true though.:) luv ya bro....:wave:

Overall , they do have a very good point . The ones that started to push Sunday worship as a means of salvation also promote the 10 as a means of knowing if one "sinned" . How can one promote the 10 ( written in stone by the way ) but change it without being questioned ? Why promote the 10 when there is a glaring contradition ?

And , they do go specifically after those that push Sunday meetings as salvation works more than those who don't look at Sunday as important .

Upvote 0

Lion King

Veni, vidi, vici
Mar 29, 2011
Heavenly Jerusalem- Mount Zion
✟10,388.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
You underlined it yourself . The text only showed in that vacinity . No evidence of of any other place .

No evidence? Are you sure about that? Didn't the church in Corinthians meet regularly to break bread (1 Corinthians 11:17-34)?

Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another--and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:25

Upvote 0

New_Wineskin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2004
Elizabethtown , PA , usa
✟13,854.00
Faith
Non-Denom
No evidence? Are you sure about that? Didn't the church in Corinthians meet regularly to break bread (1 Corinthians 11:17-34)?
Interesting - once again we see the "truthfulness" of christians .

You stated :
I thought the Scriptures say that Christians gathered EVERYDAY to break bread?

You then *underscored* as proof that they were at the Temple daily along with breaking bread .

*Now* you give as your proof that it was done more or less *everywhere* by giving something that *may* say "regularly" as if "regularly" means "everyday" . Not only that but you decide *not* to quote the passage - only to give a reference as if I would believe you and not look it up . There is no "regularly" mentioned . And , you dismiss your own proof that they were at the Temple daily .

Upvote 0

Lion King

Veni, vidi, vici
Mar 29, 2011
✟10,388.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

You stated :

You then *underscored* as proof that they were at the Temple daily along with breaking bread .

*Now* you give as your proof that it was done more or less *everywhere* by giving something that *may* say "regularly" as if "regularly" means "everyday" . Not only that but you decide *not* to quote the passage - only to give a reference as if I would believe you and not look it up . There is no "regularly" mentioned . And , you dismiss your own proof that they were at the Temple daily .

So, how frequently did the church in Corinthians gather together for the LORD's Supper?

Upvote 0

Lion King

Veni, vidi, vici
Mar 29, 2011
✟10,388.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

You stated :

And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their food with gladness and sincerity of heart, Acts 2:46

And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ. Acts 5:42

As for Saul, he made havoc of the church, entering into every house, and dragging off men and women committed them to prison. Acts 8:3

In the book of Acts, it states that the church in Jerusalem met everyday in their homes, and this custom is said to have continued in other places as well:

Greet Priscilla and Aquila, my fellow workers in Christ Jesus, who risked their own necks for my life, to whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles. Likewise greet the church that is in their house.

Greet my beloved Epaenetus, who is the firstfruits of Achaia to Christ. Romans 16:3-5

The churches of Asia greet you. Aquila and Priscilla greet you heartily in the Lord, with the church that is in their house. 1 Corinthians 16:19

Greet the brethren who are in Laodicea, and Nymphas, and the church which is in his house. Colossians 4:15

Paul, a prisoner of Christ Jesus, and Timothy our brother,

To Philemon our beloved friend and fellow laborer, to the beloved Apphia, Archippus our fellow soldier, and to the church in your house: Philemon 1:1-2

Upvote 0

New_Wineskin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2004
Elizabethtown , PA , usa
✟13,854.00
Faith
Non-Denom
So, how frequently did the church in Corinthians gather together for the LORD's Supper?

Why should I care ? I don't see it as a work for obtaining salvation . And , there is no information as to when they started or for how often or if they stopped - no information . And , none having to do with how often it was necessary to obtain salvation . It certainly doesn't even come close to saying that it was performed "every day" by *everyone* .

*You* claimed that you had proof for it being "everyday" by "all" . Is your asking me now a confession that you lied about that ? If not , why ask me questions instead of presenting your proof ?

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Overall , they do have a very good point . The ones that started to push Sunday worship as a means of salvation also promote the 10 as a means of knowing if one "sinned" . How can one promote the 10 ( written in stone by the way ) but change it without being questioned ? Why promote the 10 when there is a glaring contradition ?

And , they do go specifically after those that push Sunday meetings as salvation works more than those who don't look at Sunday as important .
Yeah confusion reigns and religion stinks.

bugkiller

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Not exactly. It's more that the resident Sabbatarians have an agenda and an axe to grind against everyone who doesn't share in their peculiar pet doctrine.

It's less an elephant in the room and more a termite with a megaphone demanding lots of unnecessary attention.

-CryptoLutheran
:thumbsup:

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
When you assume that a "different covenant" = "different law", then of course you're going to conclude that the Ten Commandments are no longer valid.

Do remember that if "New Covenant" = "different law", then that means that the rest of the 9 commandments must be replaced with entirely new laws as well.
No what you are arguing here is morality and not the law. Not according to has nothing to do with place.
Somehow, it is convenient for you to only replace the 4th. Unless you will tell me that the 9 were abolished too? I can't imagine you going that far.
I replaced nothing, God did as He said He would.
The Tables of the Covenant have a law written "on them". The New Covenant is a covenant of the heart, where those same laws written on that Old Covenant Table is written on the tables of your heart.
No the tables of the covenant have the law written on them.
The purpose of this covenant is to instill in the mind the importance of keeping God's laws out of true love--true faith that produces fruit. The covenant has changed, not the law.
Ballywho!!!
"not according to the covenant I made with their fathers" does not = "not according to the laws", as a covenant is always a "contract", an "agreement", a "pact", a "promise" concerning the laws. The keeping of those laws was based on a NEW PROMISE (not the same kind of promise made with the Fathers).
All contracts have contents. A contract (agreement) with no contents is not a contract.

Continue to interpret that a Covenant is identical to the laws themselves, and you're going to continue running into theological shipwreck.[/quote]This make absolutely no sense and is nonsense.
The Ten Commandments were called the Covenant because there was a contract involved in keeping them.
So how can one agree to a contract with no terms? All contracts contain terms of performance.
Let's also not forget that the Tables of the Covenant were given in Exodus 20, while the blood of an Ox for the Old Covenant was not shed until Exodus 24.
So you are requiring everything to be said in the same breath. You act as though it was days before the sealing with blood. It really does not matter exactly when the sealing occurred. All that matters is that it was done.
This is why the Tables of the Covenant TRANSCEND the Old Covenant, and are "intrinsically tied to the Everlasting Covenant".
Ballywho too!!
This is Perspicaciously demonstrated in Psalms 111:7-10.
Are you campaigning for office? IOW....

bugkiller

Upvote 0

Lion King

Veni, vidi, vici
Mar 29, 2011
✟10,388.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Why should I care ? I don't see it as a work for obtaining salvation . And , there is no information as to when they started or for how often or if they stopped - no information . And , none having to do with how often it was necessary to obtain salvation . It certainly doesn't even come close to saying that it was performed "every day" by *everyone* .

Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another--and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:25

I suppose you do not believe in the regular gathering together of Christians to worship and praise the LORD as the apostles did in the old times? Am I correct?

*You* claimed that you had proof for it being "everyday" by "all" . Is your asking me now a confession that you lied about that ? If not , why ask me questions instead of presenting your proof ?

See post #47.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

-CryptoLutheran

:D good one

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

I agree....u make alotta sense.:)

Upvote 0