Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Albion, here is how you know the truth of which is the True Church, and it is by reading about the lives and writings of the early Church Fathers. Many Protestant who converted to Catholicism has read the lives of the early Catholic Church, why? because the proof is in the pudding
Those Fathers who came in the first several centuries certainly did not recognize any of today's denominations because they didn't yet exist, so what you said here is simply not true. :)

Many churchess claim to be the One True Church, but only one can be correct! Albion, the question you should be asking yourself, is a very important one, and that, is why does not the Anglican church state that there the one true church???
The Anglican churches consider the true church to be the assembly of all true believers of whatever denomination. These are known to God, not to us. Anglicans do not consider any particular denomination to be the one and only church, that's correct. I refer you to the above post by Strong In Him who explained the principle better than I'm doing here.

Documentation is everything! Albion, I'm sure you won't buy a Home without getting the proper documentation, that you now own it, right?
Indeed, documentation matters, and that is why no one should simply buy into the claims of any of the various denominations that claim to be the only true church. The documentation doesn't substantiate those claims.

Upvote 0

amadeois

Aug 5, 2016
US
✟16,764.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you are thinking about the churches of today you better look at what Jesus said to the church of Laodicea that represents the churches of today.

He is not happy with this church because this church is lukewarm and Jesus will speu it out of his mouth.

Also Jesus told the church of today to buy 3 things from Him.

The only church He praised was the church in Philadelphia.

Read all about in the book of Revelation.

Everybody believes they are the true church and they'll be very surprised at the end.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,188.00
Faith
Non-Denom
If you are thinking about the churches of today you better look at what Jesus said to the church of Laodicea that represents the churches of today.

He is not happy with this church because this church is lukewarm and Jesus will speu it out of his mouth.

Also Jesus told the church of today to buy 3 things from Him.

The only church He praised was the church in Philadelphia.

Read all about in the book of Revelation.

Everybody believes they are the true church and they'll be very surprised at the end.

Well, many professing Christians do believe they are members of the True Church (their denomination) but there are many of us who do not, such as Albion and myself except in the sense that every believer in Jesus Christ is a member of His church which is made of all believers irrespective of denominational affiliation.

Upvote 0

PanDeVida

Feb 21, 2007
✟42,102.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Those Fathers who came in the first several centuries certainly did not recognize any of today's denominations because they didn't yet exist, so what you said here is simply not true. :)

Albion, the reason why the early Church Fathers did not recognize any of todays denominations, is not only because they did not exists, is that fact they should of never existed. One church other than the First Church, is one to many. :)

The Anglican churches consider the true church to be the assembly of all true believers of whatever denomination. These are known to God, not to us. Anglicans do not consider any particular denomination to be the one and only church, that's correct. I refer you to the above post by Strong In Him who explained the principle better than I'm doing here.

True, the church consist of a body of believers in the Lord, However, there is a Church Hierarchy that governs the body of these Christian Faithful, and it is the Church founded on Rock.

Indeed, documentation matters, and that is why no one should simply buy into the claims of any of the various denominations that claim to be the only true church. The documentation doesn't substantiate those claims.[/QUOTE]

Oh how wrong you are, These Catholic documents matter. It shows us where we belong as a Christian. 1 John 4:1 Test the Spirit! Catholic Documentation is of the Holy Spirits, because it has His Finger Print written all over it.

I'm sure your Anglican church has documentation as to when your church started, as to who the Anglican church fathers, were, etc... So you are then telling me that these documentations of the Anglican Church does not matter? If you say it does not matter then are you saying, that you are not a true Anglican? However, if you say that it does matter, then note: why do you choose your Anglican documentation, over the Catholic Documentation that has been here centuries before yours, by the guidance of the Holy Spirit?

Albion, when one wants to look up their ancestry, as to where they came from, as to who they really are, etc... what does one do? Do they start looking for past written documentation? YES! I'm sure if you did your research you would find these documents and perhaps if you search way back, you will come to the point that your ancestors where Catholic, that is they were Christians. Come on Home, because Documents proves EVERYTHING!

God Bless

Upvote 0

amadeois

Aug 5, 2016
US
✟16,764.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
@PanDeVida

You probably are Hispanic and Catholic and believe totally in your church, the Roman Catholic Church.

You need to read Revelation 18 and understand what church is Jesus mentioning to John.

That church that is dressed in purple and scarlet, gold, precious pearls, fine linen and it's government is located on a city called Babylon.

Read the alert on Revelation 18:4 to get out of it so you would not go through the plagues that are coming to that church.

To see this you need to buy from Jesus the eyesalve, refined gold in the fire and fine linen.

If you and others understand what I repeated from the WORD, you'll understand Jesus message and you will take action not to suffer the consequences of what is coming.

Heed Jesus' words and have eternal life, if not

SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES
IT IS YOUR DECISION.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I'm sure your Anglican church has documentation as to when your church started, as to who the Anglican church fathers, were, etc... So you are then telling me that these documentations of the Anglican Church does not matter?
I think you may have misunderstood me. I said that documentation DOES matter. It matters enough that we need the documentation before buying into any of the self-satisfying claims (made by any of the denominations that do it) that say "My church is the one and only one that Jesus had in mind, not yours."

Reactions: Berean777
Upvote 0

Berean777

Servant of Christ Jesus. Stellar Son.
Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think you may have misunderstood me. I said that documentation DOES matter. It matters enough that we need the documentation before buying into any of the self-satisfying claims (made by any of the denominations that do it) that say "My church is the one and only one that Jesus had in mind, not yours."

A claim is as good as an opinion and it does not speak as evidence, therefore a person ought not place their faith on popular opinion. Sola Scripture should be taken as evidence in all walks of the Christian faith as it does speak with authority and it is first witness evidence.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Scripture should be taken as evidence in all walks of the Christian faith as it does speak with authority and it is first witness evidence.
From SCRIPTURE,
where did JESUS say to go [and join?] where people could hear the truth and be saved from their sin?

• Agree
Reactions: Berean777
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KawaiiChristianGal

Oct 3, 2016
At home
✟880.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
The "Church" is those who serve Jesus Christ. Every denomination claims or has claimed at one time or another that they have the true Church, truth is they are all wrong the only way is through Jesus.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Nonsense. You have no idea of covenant structure and Suzerainty covenants. Suzerainty covenants are kingship political covenants in which the Great King, or Suzerain, offers a political alliance to a lesser king or smaller kingdom. This pattern is the pattern which is how the Kingdom of God is set up.

Scripture states that believers are to be "kings and priests" unto God. Is this just so much flowery language, or is it real? If it is real, then how does this fit the Suzerainty covenant pattern?

Very simple. Christ is the Great Suzerain as God in the Flesh. Each believer makes covenant with Him and vows fealty to Him as Lord and Ruler. Christ's Kingdom extends throughout the created universe. I am not sure how it is going to work, but with the universe being incredibly and inconceivably larger than we can imagine, perhaps each believer will have his own kingdom over which he rules in subjection to Christ as the Great Suzerain. That's just a thought and possibility.

As for the authority, that authority on earth was given to the Church. The words "Roman Catholic Church" were coined by Anglican rebels to describe (with considerable malice) the Church. Rome is just where the headship of the earthly Church was established.

And yes, since Christ rules over a KINGDOM and NOT A DEMOCRACY, then it is entirely appropriate that the Holy Father's rule is a kingship rule. Your thinking has been poisoned by Western democratic thinking, which is anti-Christian.

The kingdom of God is unlike any kingdom on earth, it even reverses the authority structure that is observed by the nations of the earth to this day regardless of government type. The structure of the Catholic church is arguably Romanist, as the pope, cardinal, priest structure is just like the political structure of the Roman government, the complete opposite of what Jesus taught about greatness in the kingdom of God.

Mark 10
42 Jesus called them together and said, “You know that those who are regarded as rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them. 43 Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, 44 and whoever wants to be first must be slave of all.

Matthew 20
25 Jesus called them together and said, “You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them. 26 Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, 27 and whoever wants to be first must be your slave.

Therefore, if the RCC and officials in the RCC begin from the position of demanding acknowledgement of their greatness, I demand satisfaction - let's see some of that superior service so that I might acknowledge them as "great"

Instead of asserting verbally that you are the best, assert with your actions that you are the best, start acting like Jesus and become a slave to all. Therefore, since the RCC is not my slave, they're no greater than me because I'm not their slave either.

Last edited:
Upvote 0