Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
If I implied I have a greater measure of the Lord than you I do apologize. My understanding of our faith is infantile. There is much I don't know. What I do know is I am grateful to be blessed enough to receive the real presence when I go to Mass. I'ts why I became Catholic and it brings me much joy. It'snot to Lord over you and if I have I apologize.

Waste of time.

St. Nicholas would have slapped him as a heretic by now.

Upvote 0

Rahmemhotep

Feb 19, 2016
Pennsylvania
✟8,960.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I saw the end of the OP coming not long after I started reading it. I said to myself, "There's only two ways this could, go," which in reality there were many other ways it could've gone, but this is as I had thought, "it's either going to say the entire body of Christ is the Church or it's going to say Catholics." Well, here we are.

Brothers and sisters, let's calm down. Fighting Catholics is not our mission, our mission is to reach unbelievers with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Persuading Catholics is good (since most are not truly submitted to the Lord), but if one does not heed you, why do you bother to continue? Pride? Not a good reason, y'all. You could be destroying your witness as a loving follower of Jesus Christ.

Think about why you want to tell the truth to a blinded Catholic. Do you want to reach these people because you love them as Christ loves them? Or is it because you hate them for being just as blinded as you were before the veil was lifted from your eyes?

Speak the truth in love, saints, and may the Lord Jesus Christ be magnified in you all.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I saw the end of the OP coming not long after I started reading it. I said to myself, "There's only two ways this could, go," which in reality there were many other ways it could've gone, but this is as I had thought, "it's either going to say the entire body of Christ is the Church or it's going to say Catholics." Well, here we are.

Brothers and sisters, let's calm down. Fighting Catholics is not our mission, our mission is to reach unbelievers with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Persuading Catholics is good (since most are not truly submitted to the Lord), but if one does not heed you, why do you bother to continue? Pride? Not a good reason, y'all. You could be destroying your witness as a loving follower of Jesus Christ.

Think about why you want to tell the truth to a blinded Catholic. Do you want to reach these people because you love them as Christ loves them? Or is it because you hate them for being just as blinded as you were before the veil was lifted from your eyes?

Speak the truth in love, saints, and may the Lord Jesus Christ be magnified in you all.

I agree.

Upvote 0

Light of the East

I'm Just a Singer in an OCA Choir
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

The problem is that a great number of folks who are not Catholic do not believe that to be Catholic is to be Christian.

Upvote 0

PapaZoom

Nov 3, 2013
car
✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
The Eucharist is the very Body and Blood of Christ.

Baptism washes away sins.

The Church is to be run by bishops.

Confession to a priest for forgiveness of sins.

None of those are true. Just show where. The Eucharist represents the body and blood. Baptism is symbolic and has no power to remove sins. Bishops do lead the Church which is different from "running" it as it's not a business. And there is ZERO instructions to seek a priest for forgiveness. That's a total made up thing of RC and has ZERO support from Apostles teaching.

Reactions: civilwarbuff
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PapaZoom

Nov 3, 2013
car
✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
John 6, Matthew 26: 26.

Now show me how good you are at explaining away the literal meaning of the word "is."

That in no way teaches the concept of Transubstantiation. You have to make it up from the text and the reasoning is weak.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟733,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Jesus said that. It was symbolic. It in no way teaches transubstantiation. Again, where did an Apostle teach explicitly the concept of transubstantiation?
It was taught in the Catholic Church passed down from one Apostle to the next to the next until it reaches us today. Catholics have Scrpiture AND Sacred Tradition which is oral tradition that was passed down through the ages. Protestants are "Sola Scriptura" or Scripture only. They miss some things.

Upvote 0

PapaZoom

Nov 3, 2013
car
✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
It was taught in the Catholic Church passed down from one Apostle to the next to the next until it reaches us today. Catholics have Scrpiture AND Sacred Tradition which is oral tradition that was passed down through the ages. Protestants are "Sola Scriptura" or Scripture only. They miss some things.

Where in the Bible was this taught? Specifically where did the first Apostles teach this??

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟733,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Where in the Bible was this taught? Specifically where did the first Apostles teach this??
The first Apostles taught their followers this in the church in Rome and in Greece. Both churches believe in the real presence in the holy communion

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟828,231.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
The Eucharist is the very Body and Blood of Christ.

Baptism washes away sins.

The Church is to be run by bishops.

Confession to a priest for forgiveness of sins.

You are correct, on all points (our Bishops are called "Presidents")

Jesus said that. It was symbolic. It in no way teaches transubstantiation. Again, where did an Apostle teach explicitly the concept of transubstantiation?

All Christ said is "this is"; and you are correct, the Apostles did not teach Transubstantiation; but they did teach the real presence of the very body and blood of our Lord.

None of those are true. Just show where. The Eucharist represents the body and blood. Baptism is symbolic and has no power to remove sins. Bishops do lead the Church which is different from "running" it as it's not a business. And there is ZERO instructions to seek a priest for forgiveness. That's a total made up thing of RC and has ZERO support from Apostles teaching.

"Baptism now saves you" "given for your for the forgiveness of sins" "whosoever sins you forgive, they are forgiven"; Sorry PapaZoom, it is your position that has little or no Biblical support; most of which are recent innovations that happened after the Lutheran and Anglican reformations.

Upvote 0

Light of the East

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Wow! I give that one a 9.75! Nice.

Now.....what part of "is" do you not get?

Upvote 0

Light of the East

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

You really should study your Bible more carefully.

Mat 26:26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.

Not "represents." Not "is to remind you of my body."

What part of "is" do you not get? And here I thought you took the Bible seriously.

1Ti 3:1 This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.

What Bible are you using? Apparently they cut some verses out of your edition.

Jhn 20:23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them;and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

Why does Jesus give these men the power to forgive sins, which power and authority belongs to God alone, unless they are acting in His place and representing Him? Since you are demanding Bible answers, I will demand one from you. Where does it say in the Bible "the Levitical priesthood is now over?"

I'll be waiting.....

Upvote 0