Which camp do you agree with?

Which camp do you agree with?

• Jesus death on the cross was sufficient to pay for our sins, but sanctification must follow

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • Jesus death on the cross was NOT sufficient, and we are saved by our good works on our behalf

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jesus death on the cross was sufficient, and we can live lawlessly and still be saved

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Jesus death on the cross was to put a brand new law in affect and we are saved it we keep it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jailer~~What must I do to be saved?

Paul~~God has raised your spirit from the dead. You need do nothing. You are already saved......You and your household.

Is this how it went?
Paul assured him that whoever believes on Jesus has everlasting life. The jailer obviously believed or he would not have asked for instructions. Same with the devout (believing) Jews at Pentecost.

Upvote 0

JohnB445

Aug 24, 2018
Illinois
✟176,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Saved by grace through faith.

And what verse says 'must?' All the verses I find say "should." Maybe we will, maybe we won't.

The Lord Jesus Christ IS the Lord of our lives. It is the height of arrogance to say, ' We must make Jesus the Lord of our lives.'

Freewill. And for a lot of us, ignorance of His Word. Most believers are taught right out of the chute to clean up their physical life, be nice, praise Jesus, a do lots of overt 'good' things. And their spiritual life is still in it's infancy........and starving.

Possibly. Because we use our own volition to advance or not.

I question more those who stress their change and their 'management' of their salvation by their change.

In the past, I fell under the influence of the Semper reformada Lordship Salvationists.

Now I come to the conclusion they are just overcomplicating everything. Its all in the grace of God, the faith and works are just intertwined. I realized this dissection of faith/works was all a strawman all along.

Of course, we will get baptized when we come to Jesus kind of thing.

Upvote 0

Gr8Grace

Mar 11, 2018
South Dakota
✟75,931.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul assured him that whoever believes on Jesus has everlasting life.
Not quite. Paul told the jailer what he MUST DO. And it goes for him and his whole household. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.

The jailer obviously believed or he would not have asked for instructions.
That's nonsense. The jailer believed on the Lord Jesus Christ and was saved and then asked Paul what he must do to be saved?

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This results in salvation only for the self-righteous. And not for those who cannot save themselves. God raises our spirit from the dead where faith is a natural reaction to hearing the gospel.
Not at all. Righteousness is a matter of the heart, not what people do or don't do. But again, people wonder if they are saved, and what I wrote can be helpful for their self-evaluation.

Upvote 0

Gr8Grace

Mar 11, 2018
South Dakota
✟75,931.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Its all in the grace of God, the faith and works are just intertwined.

When it comes to the salvation of a person. Faith and works are polar opposites.

We are saved by grace through faith( there is no merit in faith. The only merit is in the object of faith....The Lord Jesus Christ.)

I contend that most believers don't do a single ounce of biblical works. But they do a TON of trying to clean up the flesh works(worthless/useless works.)

If we have no clue about Gods plan for fellowship and how we abide in Him...........we can't produce Divine works.

Upvote 0

JohnB445

Aug 24, 2018
Illinois
✟176,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Here is an example.

I have faith that drinking water is good for me, so when I am thirsty I will drink water.

I believe when Jesus said sinning is bad, so I will repent of my sins. etc.

Faith results in actions.

But the faith is what justified them, saved them, etc.

Upvote 0

Gr8Grace

Mar 11, 2018
South Dakota
✟75,931.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here is an example.

I have faith that drinking water is good for me, so when I am thirsty I will drink water.
Everybody gets thirsty. Everybody can drink water. The merit is in the water, there is no merit in drinking it........Just like faith. The merit is in the object of our faith. There is no merit in our faith and believing in Christ.

I believe when Jesus said sinning is bad, so I will repent of my sins. etc.
That is a good choice.

Faith results in actions.
The only guaranteed action of faith in Christ is His saving us and keeping us and what He promises to do for believers.

But the faith is what justified them, saved them, etc.

The Lord Jesus Christ justifies/saves us by His Grace through our faith. Our faith has no merit.

This is why Paul told Timothy that if we become faithless, He remains faithful. We are saved by HIS Grace.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well Jesus as lord ..the only way AMEN..but "but sanctification must follow"...haha as if I can do this. There are those that will just call on His name and be saved..

It for me just comes across as it HAS to be if you want to be saved. I AM because I believe in Christ.. I am in right standing with the Father.. not free to sin blah blah blah...yet something we all do.. be holy as He is holy...

Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I am genuinely interested in the stay saved arguments. Does the bible lay out how a saved person can lose their salvation?
Yes, and we have several threads here explaining it.

There are many here who refuse to accept
God's many NT warnings about losing salvation.
These obviously must be taken into consideration,
for they are a big part of God's word.

I would suggest that you consider ...
True saving faith =
deep heart belief + strong faith + trust + obedience

There is no one word for all of this,
so the translators just use the word "believe".

Last edited:
Upvote 0