• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Which brand of christianity is the right one/The one true church?

Discussion in 'Christian Apologetics' started by drich0150, Feb 19, 2020.

1. drich0150

drich0150 Regular Member

+386
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    I have taken alot of advise and tweaked several things. got a new snowball blue mic, got into a larger clip art data base, put in an intro and a outro and underscored it with music...

Any other production or content criticisms are welcome.

if you don't watch the video please do comment. you are not as smart as you think you are and it will be immediately clear to me who has and has not watch the video.

and yes I did build the proton pack from parts I scavenged and sourced. I also sourced a proper flight suit and patches for the costume used in the video.

All to show you definitely, the one true church.

it's like 12 mins long

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Chesterton

Chesterton Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding Supporter

+17,069
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Two examples I'd recommend you duplicate: Michael Jones of Inspiring Philosophy, and Black Pigeon Speaks. They have the same production as you, i.e., voice over images, but they read strictly from a script, and I think it comes across a lot better that way. I suppose that means a bit more editing work when you make a mistake or whatnot, but the end result is more enjoyable to listen to, in my opinion.

As for the content, you probably already know I'll tell you my church is the true Church. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. JIMINZ

JIMINZ Well-Known Member

+1,852
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    Sorry to inform you, and I don't mean to be offensive, BUT mine is the true Church.

4. cloudyday2

cloudyday2 Generic Theist Supporter

+1,966
    United States
    Agnostic
    Single
    I thought it was pretty good, and I think that is an important topic. It was a big concern of mine when I was a believer.

There is a change in the audio about 1/3 of the way through. You probably are aware of it, but it seems the only blemish I noticed.

5. Tolworth John

Tolworth John Well-Known Member

+2,539
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Married
    The subject is irrelevant. So why waste your time on it.

No where in the NT are we told to follow a one set of worship rules and regulations.
    In fact Jesus goes so far as to say they don't matter, see woman at the well.

Concentrate on apologetics or evangelistic videos.

6. JIMINZ

JIMINZ Well-Known Member

+1,852
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    Where is Jesus Sermon on Apologetic s & Evangelistic Videos?

7. cvanwey

cvanwey Well-Known Member

+534
    United States
    Skeptic
    Private

Watched the first 5 minutes, but seem to get the gist.... Let's assume everything you said IS correct. This actually kind of aligns with how I view 'Christianity', in a sense...

Thus, for me, since I read the Bible, and doubt this God even exists, all the rest is mute, pointless, kaput. Game over... I do not believe this entity is likely real, for many many reasons I will not mention here.

And since I did not watch the entire video, I will ask you now...

What does God do with the ones whom even abide by God's 2nd rule (i.e.) Matthew 7:12, but don't think He is real? Because, of course, you can't love something for which you doubt exists.

If the Bible is true, and I am earnestly mistaken about this 'reality', what is the one true answer for all the unbelievers? --- eternal torment, or, we unbelievers simply vanish upon natural death, other? Does the Bible clarify explicitly?

8. Tolworth John

+2,539
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Jesus never did videos. He talked with people, which is still the most effective way of reaching people.

9. drich0150

drich0150 Regular Member

+386
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican

Well one forgiveness is based on a two way relationship with God.
    Got to have #1 before you adherence to rule 2 means anything.

here's the thing.. the last video was about prayer.
    what prayer is, and how it is not what most people think.

Real prayer what Jesus taught has one singular purpose. To prepare you to be sat before God here in this life one on one.

If you pray correctly in Jesus' name you are not asking for God to grant you wishes in exchange for good deeds. Ask for what Jesus would want you to have is asking for the Holy Spirit which means you are asking God to change who you are so that you may be able to receive God. so you can see and hear him when he speaks.

There is absolute definitive proof for God, but only on his terms. you must humble yourself beofre him and seek him out as he has instructed.

10. drich0150

drich0150 Regular Member

+386
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    my mind works like an LP record. I had to switch over to side b 1/3 of the way through.

11. drich0150

drich0150 Regular Member

+386
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    the irony...
    How do you know I do not point out the same things if not strengthen you point by citing 1/2 a dozen stronger than the woman at the well...

It is a very important topic because many do not understand the answer, and doubt their own choice in worship which keeps them from God.

Evangelist videos to which church? how do we know this church is 'the one?'

Gotta have a solid foundation before you can build your house.

12. drich0150

drich0150 Regular Member

+386
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    then why are you typing?

I'm typing because talking to people is not always possible. I do video because these are common subject I have come across in talking to people for over 20 years... I post them to youtube because these answers to common question can speak to people while I am asleep.

So talking to people is only effective under certain conditions. in every other situation a video can be shared watched when time allows and stopped and restarted.

bottom line it is just another tool in the tool box. if you only have a hammer then everyone and every situation will be treated like a nail...

13. Tolworth John

+2,539
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Why do I post?
    To share my views as everyone here does and to try to correct foolish views like ' the true church', the true church' is All Christians from every church denomination across the world.

You want to do videos, ok do them but don't waste your efforts on rubbish like the true church'.
    Deal with real issues, like how do I account for evil? The importance of beauty, how does a materialist account for the reality of immaterial logic?

14. JIMINZ

JIMINZ Well-Known Member

+1,852
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    Ok then, for clarification, where are the Teachings, Sermons, of Jesus on the Subjects of (Apologetics and or whatever your pointing to with Evangelistic (videos).

15. cvanwey

cvanwey Well-Known Member

+534
    United States
    Skeptic
    Private
    Disclaimer: You claim to know the one true path for Christianity. I'm not only going to agree with you, thus far for the most part, I'm going to ask follow up questions :)

My question was, what does God do with the ones whom genuinely do not believe Jesus was anything more than a mortal, even after years/decades of searching? Hell, eternal lack in existence, other?

I trust both you and I understand that one cannot truly love something, in the way God might want, if this human does not think this particular God exists.

Furthermore, if I were to follow the 'golden rule', in line with Jesus's proposal, it would have nothing to do with asking Jesus for forgiveness, but instead to demonstrate that I have attempted to adopt Jesus's moral compass. However, if I do not believe Jesus exists postmortem, like I do not believe in Confucius postmortem, and they both preached the same general message, for which I adopt their morals, according to Christianity, the act of morals then become irrelevant.

Without belief, you are doomed, right out of the gate. And in my estimation, God seems to deem unbelief the largest sin to commit, as it is unforgivable. And if a human cannot truly control their belief(s), why is unbelief sin, and unforgivable to boot?

None of this appears to address my inquiries.

"If the Bible is true, and I am earnestly mistaken about this 'reality', what is the one true answer for all the unbelievers? --- eternal torment, or, we unbelievers simply vanish upon natural death, other? Does the Bible clarify explicitly?"

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
  16. Tolworth John

+2,539
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Married
    You have clarified nothing, videos were not part of the Bible, but are an additional resource like picture books to help lustrate what is found in the Bible.

17. LoG

LoG Veteran Supporter

+103
    Christian
    Single
    Just a quick comment, the sound levels increase dramatically around the 6 minute mark and drop again around the 11 minute one.

As far as content goes I notice there is nothing mentioned about repentance as being the act that starts the process off. Why am I going to love God? Because He says I must? Because He loved me first? What's the sign that He does? Isn't it because He gave me the grace and power to repent of and overcome the sins that were making my life a living hell after He opened my eyes to what they were?
    First the basics and then I might have the chance of hearing from God what the right church might be for me.
    jmo.

18. drich0150

drich0150 Regular Member

+386
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    glob...
    so in your estimation how does what you say here differ from what the video says?
    like:

I think I've done 5 videos the problem of evil was number 2.
    number 1 was how to reconcile 7 literal days with all of evolution without changing either account.

the problem with doing these/giving an account of how to make the bible work in a literal sense when the RC church says... or the baptist believe... you get questions like "who is the one true church?" why should we believe you over the pope?

This video takes a fresh look at this like the problem of evil. provides a scripturally correct account AND a satisfying answer, much like this one concerning the true church.

i did not know this was a problem and for whom?

19. drich0150

drich0150 Regular Member

+386
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    the video address this.

20. drich0150

drich0150 Regular Member

+386
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    noted and addressed.
    ??? 2:45, 3:46, 4:55-5:15 all mention (4:55 being more indepth explanation) that the same atonement offered is the same in abundance when we worship with all of our hearts, mind , spirit and strength while loving our neighbors as ourself, but still get it wrong is the same atonement offered when we willfully sin.

Are you complaining I did not mention your specific religious atonement ceremony? That's kinda the point of my wording and of this video. It is not to choose a specific side but make it clear that whatever binding or free atonement process you believe in is also offered when you worship God to the best of your ability but in a "wrong way maybe according to another." What you bind here on earth will be bound in heaven and whatever you loose here on earth will be loosed in heaven. which again is why I spoke to the same process you believe atones for sin also is at work here..

Then I even took it a step further and suggested that different worship isn't a sin at all but simply how specific members of the body worship. for instance... There may never be a correct instance/ it is always a sin for the mouth to come in contact with what it may consider absolute filth. (would it ever be ok for a mouth to contact poo?/hold poo in your mouth?)

No! always wrong, never a good reason for this. however as a means of worshiping the body a hand might come in contact with filth as a matter of course/cleaning maintaining the body or even better it may come in contact with filth helping clean someone else who can not help them selves. or think of Christ washing the disgusting feet of the disciples.. you know there was raw sewage in those streets, yet as a matter of worshiping the father and showing/demonstrating the humility they themselves are required to have what would be considered a sin to one member of the body is how worship gets done by another.

So then just because it is a sin for the mouth, does not mean it is a sin for the whole body. It is upto the head to decide who has sinned and to whom sin must be forgiven, not for individual members to try and hold one another to the same standard.
    your reasoning for the love you must have for God is another subject completely and must be address far before you are to be considered to be a member of the body.

This video is about reminding us that as individual members of the body, just because we do not always worship in the same way does not mean our worship is not needed by the body to function.