Which Baptisms is a Part of Your Salvation?

Which Baptisms is a Part of Your Salvation?

• Fire Baptism

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other Baptism (Please explain).

• All Baptisms Save and They are Needed.

• Other (Please explain).

• Total voters

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Of course it says likeness, who among us is actually able to go back in time and "drink of the cup" which He did. Or get on a literal cross today, thanks be to Him we aren't asked to do that, but only be baptised.
In Him

But you do not understand WHY it says LIKENESS in relation to Romans 6. Let's look at it again.

"For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:" (Romans 6:5).

You want it to mean EXACTNESS because you think baptism is for salvation as a part of Christ's death. But this verse here says that we are planted in the LIKENESS of his death by baptism.

"Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin." (Romans 6:6).

We are crucified with Him by our belief in Christ.

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." (Galatians 2:20).

16 "Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law." (Galatians 2:16).​

This is in reference to Works Alone Salvationism and or going back to the Torah and it is not in reference to the necessity of Works of Faith that is the next step or stage in the salvation process after being saved by God's grace through faith (or a belief) in Christ for salvation.

But we still need to have our body of sin to be destroyed every day whereby we will not serve sin according to Romans 6:6. What this means is that we have to resist temptation and choose this day every day in who we will serve as a part of our faith in Christ. We have to be faithful, too. So yes, we should be baptized. It is a part of the faith. Every Christian will seek to want to do that. But it is not for salvation. Others were saved without baptism. Even babies who die today by abortion are saved by Christ's sacrifice and not by water baptism. The Old Covenant was about ordinances (that pointed us to Christ), but the New Covenant is about a higher or perfect form of love.

14 "Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it." (Colossians 2:14-15).

The point here is that it is saying that baptism is a picture or symbol of salvation in Romans 6:5.

Anyways, we have all gotten off topic of this discussion. Myself included. The topic of this thread is the Sinner's Prayer and not baptism for salvation. If want to talk about baptism in relation to salvation, check out this thread here (I recently created).

Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Only the following about being baptized into the church by the precious Holy Spirit:

1 Corinthians 12:
12 For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ.
13 For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body — whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free — and have all been made to drink into one Spirit.
14 For in fact the body is not one member but many.

Upvote 0