Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Phantom of the Opera, Phantom of the Opera, and Phantom of the Opera

:clap::clap::clap:

I had the wonderful opportunity to sing in the concert choir at Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church (when Dr Kennedy was alive) and perform segments of this... what a thrill!

I saw the anniversary performance again and again on PBS. :clap: awesome...and they had the original stars/singers sing at the end/encore!

BUT... also Les Miserables will be showing in the theaters this December..and I won't miss it!

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't know enough of them to have a favorite, but I worked on a production of Floyd Collins earlier this year and I like our version better than the original cast recording. Someone who'd seen the original run said they'd liked ours better, too.

-Dan.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The poll says to pick your favorite musicalS but you didn't make it so we can choose more than one :( My inner theater geek wept.

From the list, I voted for Phantom. You just can't top it. It's like a religious experience lol.

Also love:

Fiddler on the Roof
Beauty & The Beast
Jekyll & Hyde (so under appreciated!!)
Into The Woods
The Music Man
ANYTHING Rodgers & Hammerstein

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HonestTruth

Jul 4, 2013
Reaganomics: TOTAL FAIL
✟9,787.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
OK, I'm boycotting this poll because you left off West Side Story and Cabaret. Of the remaining choices, PotO.

I enjoyed both but you remind me of a story I came across many years ago about West Side ~ as we all know this is a story about a neighborhood conflict between Italians & Puerto Ricans. Years ago I lived in that neighborhood where it was filmed. There were these two guys about a year older than I who watched as the movie was made: one was Italian and the other Puerto Rican. These guys laughed at the movie and what it stood for. It turned out they were the closest of friends, loved each more than brothers ever could, and married each other's little sister! In all my years I have never seen two guys who could possibly have been closer.

Unlike the movie, real life can teach us that brotherhood is a very real possibility. All it takes is an open mind and an open heart.

Upvote 0

MusicianForHim

Wishing for some cake..
Jul 30, 2013
Just a little beyond the intersection for crazy an
✟7,976.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You have caught my interest. I don't like just one musical, in fact there are so many musicals I like, that you would probably pass out after reading the list. I haven't seen that many, but I have seen the movies and they are fantastic, the only difference is the stage and humans. Well I will keep it short and simple and sweet by saying that I LOVE Beauty and the Beast, Les Miserables, Phantom of the Opera, Mary Poppins, Lion King, and others;D

Upvote 0

HonestTruth

Jul 4, 2013
Reaganomics: TOTAL FAIL
✟9,787.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Three Penny Opera

3penny_cover-600.jpg

Upvote 0