Which Apostolic Church do you belong to?

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,503,935.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Mod hat.jpg

MOD HAT ON
Folks, once again we have had a thread clean...

Please note the forum this is in, and the purpose of the thread, and try to stay on topic.

MOD HAT OFF

On topic, since I see I haven't posted here yet, I'm an Anglican in communion with Canterbury (diocese of Melbourne, Australia).

Upvote 0

gordonhooker

Franciscan tssf
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2012
Wellington Point, QLD
Visit site
✟274,602.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Roman Catholic. Anglo-Catholic for a while but I decided separation from Canterbury bothers me less than separation from Rome.

Love it - but I stuck with Anglo-Catholic because you get the best of both worlds... :)

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
  • Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

gordonhooker

Franciscan tssf
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2012
Wellington Point, QLD
Visit site
✟274,602.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
That quote seems crazily accurate.

Yep I thought so and reading these forum you see all sorts of things that make you go UMMMMMMMMWOTTHE! lol.

I also love this quote of yours...

Martin Luther King used to say, “We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the vitriolic words and actions of the bad people, but for the appalling silence of the good people.”

Upvote 0

Fascinated With God

Traditional Apostolic Methodist
Aug 30, 2012
NY
✟16,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I was raised Methodist but baptized both Catholic & Methodist. And the Wesley brothers were Anglican priests all their lives. The only reason Methodism isn't just Anglican is that Parliment passed a law after the Revolutionary War preventing Anglican priests from traveling to America. I once heard a Methodist minister say, "We are only two steps removed from Catholicism."

I grew unhappy with Methodism because they are more into ethics than theology. I only attend Catholic & Greek Orthodox services now. But my Chrismation at my Methodist confirmation was an incredibly powerful mystical experience, I'd swear I was literally glowing, for one. It was hard to top, so I haven't actually joined another denomination.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

actionsub

Sir, this is a Wendy's...
Jun 20, 2004
Belleville, IL
✟57,445.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was raised Methodist but baptized both Catholic & Methodist. And the Wesley brothers were Anglican priests all their lives. The only reason Methodism isn't just Anglican is that Parliment passed a law after the Revolutionary War preventing Anglican priests from traveling to America. I once heard a Methodist minister say, "We are only two steps removed from Catholicism."

I grew unhappy with Methodism because they are more into ethics than theology. I only attend Catholic & Greek Orthodox services now. But my Chrismation at my Methodist confirmation was an incredibly powerful mystical experience, I'd swear I was literally glowing, for one. It was hard to top, so I haven't actually joined another denomination.

I am United Methodist, though in the last couple of years I have felt drawn to something more deeply liturgical. The choices I have before me are:
ELCA
Episcopal
Ecumenical Catholic Communion (Old Catholic)

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am United Methodist, though in the last couple of years I have felt drawn to something more deeply liturgical. The choices I have before me are:
ELCA
Episcopal
Ecumenical Catholic Communion (Old Catholic)

David H. J. Ministry (Short Articles on the New Covenant)
David H J Gay Ministry

The New Covenant: Bob George

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
David H. J. Ministry (Short Articles on the New Covenant)
David H J Gay Ministry

The New Covenant: Bob George

Thank you for trying to help.

But this organization appears to be anti-sacramental and as such by definition doesn't fit under the umbrella of Traditional Theology.

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟825,375.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for trying to help.

But this organization appears to be anti-sacramental and as such by definition doesn't fit under the umbrella of Traditional Theology.
Yes, about the opposite end of the stick.

Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
And what would that be?

This isn't the place to discuss it. But many of the teachings are anti-sacramental. Some of the pastors I recognize as anti-Tradition. And I see nothing there looking to Holy Tradition as an actual authority (the whole point of Traditional Theology).

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Aspiring Catholic Christian. Still praying my husband and I all the way Home!

Would the Assyrian Church of the East also fit into this category? I'm assuming they would. Christology and Mariology aside, they are still Apostolic, Sacramental, and their hagiology would be close to the Catholic-Orthodox practice (requesting Saints' intercession, help, and prayers).

Holy Apostolic Catholic Assyrian Church of the East

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟775,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Aspiring Catholic Christian. Still praying my husband and I all the way Home!

Would the Assyrian Church of the East also fit into this category? I'm assuming they would. Christology and Mariology aside, they are still Apostolic, Sacramental, and their hagiology would be close to the Catholic-Orthodox practice (requesting Saints' intercession, help, and prayers).

Holy Apostolic Catholic Assyrian Church of the East
I know this is an OLD question, but yes, the CoTE would qualify as Apostolic by most definitions.

• Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0