✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi all,

I was listening to some of Biden's talking points. I have to say, that for me, hearing someone speak about our problems in a calm and even monologue, not calling anybody any derogatory names, is such a delight over what we've been listening to for the last 4-5 years. I'm, of course, also counting the time that Donald Trump was on the campaign trail.

Former VP Biden talks like a man who really will appoint and listen to wise advice. His is such a calming voice in the tumultuous sea of rhetoric we've had yelling at us for the last 3+ years. No one is deemed unworthy. I can just picture him sitting down with both Republican and Democrat and being respectful to listen to all sides. Not resorting to making up school yard names like the elementary school bully who steals your lunch money and then taunts you about it. It was just such a delight to listen to that man talk.

Now, does he know everything? Surely not! But will he listen and speak respectfully of others whether he agrees with their position or not? I think so. Will he be able to re-establish the ties with our allies that have been so frayed over all this trade tariff crap? Again, I think so. Will we be able to move back into our position of being respected not for our meanness, but for our ability to help and support the hopes and dreams of other nations as we also work to gain the hopes and dreams of our own.

America has, for at least the last 80 years, been a great nation among the nations. In my opinion, Donald Trump has not made us 'great again' but has done his best to tear down all the foundations that made us great to begin with. Our willingness to help. That it's not about every other nation paying their fair share, but about the greatest nation helping out across the globe with all the other nations that desire to live in peace and security. That as a nation, it isn't the money, it's the care and concern that we show to people, God's created people that are just like each one of us, to make all of the globe a better place to live. It isn't all about America. If that's what patriotism is supposed to mean, then I readily admit that I'm no patriot.

I believe that fathers and mothers all across the globe are striving to work to provide for and support their families. Chinese people want to work for the same reasons that American people want to work and we don't need to work to deny them that, just because we have some wicked and slanted view of the world that everything in it has to revolve around the United State of America. We're just a nation on the face of the globe along with some 200 other nations. The people in everyone of those other nations share the same hopes and dreams that we do. Greatness comes in helping those less fortunate. Not rubbing their noses in their despair.

May God truly bless America and every other nation on the face of the globe with the proclamation of the gospel of His Son, Jesus. All other nation struggles are secondary to that work. I'm fairly confident that God is only interested in blessing America if America blesses God in all the work that it does as a nation in helping all the people of the earth. I am confident, that God isn't interested in some willful attempt to be a stumbling block to all the other nations.

Let's put a man in charge of our nation who can help us to achieve peace and security through diplomacy and respect. Not some crybaby who can't even use diplomacy and respect for his own people, let alone anyone else.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

A_Thinker

Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟931,284.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was listening to some of Biden's talking points. I have to say, that for me, hearing someone speak about our problems in a calm and even monologue, not calling anybody any derogatory names, is such a delight over what we've been listening to for the last 4-5 years.
He speaks as a healer.
In my opinion, Donald Trump has not made us 'great again' but has done his best to tear down all the foundations that made us great to begin with.
He has stripped away our exceptionalism ...

• Agree
Reactions: miamited
Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Former VP Biden talks like a man who really will appoint and listen to wise advice
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."
- Joe Biden

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi TCB and RLH,

Yes, and VP Biden made those comments calmly and without a lot of noise and name calling. What a delight! As far as either of those comments being considered racist, perhaps they should be. But it's a lot less racist than what we've been hearing for the last 3+ years. Race in the U.S., and across the globe for that matter, is something that will always be matter of concern and I don't discount anyone making a racist comment. If I had VP Biden's ear, I'd certainly asking him to clarify those statements.

However, just on the general attitude of what we've got presently in the leadership of our nation and what VP Biden might bring to the leadership of our nation, I'm voting Biden hands down. But let me repeat, as to this matter of a couple of possibly racist comments, that's about 20 less than we've heard over the last 3+ years.

See here: 10 times President Trump's comments have been criticized as racist

Trump Keeps Saying Racist Things. Here’s an Ever-Growing List of Examples.

Trump Condemned Racism As 'Evil.' Here Are 20 Times He Embraced It.

And if one really wants to look all the way back to the beginning of Donald Trump's racist and bigoted attitude: Donald Trump’s long history of racism, from the 1970s to 2020

So, what's it going to be? Two or Twenty? Look, I get it. Everyone is getting knocked for making thoughtless comments regarding race and if that's the basis on which you two are going to decide who to vote for, then you've got to vote for VP Biden. I know that's going to hurt, but on this specific and particular issue, Biden looks a lot less like a racist than Trump does.

That's my 2¢ worth. I mean, you guys got two sketchy comments against, well...a whole bunch more than two.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi all,

I was listening to some of Biden's talking points. I have to say, that for me, hearing someone speak about our problems in a calm and even monologue, not calling anybody any derogatory names, is such a delight over what we've been listening to for the last 4-5 years. I'm, of course, also counting the time that Donald Trump was on the campaign trail.

Former VP Biden talks like a man who really will appoint and listen to wise advice. His is such a calming voice in the tumultuous sea of rhetoric we've had yelling at us for the last 3+ years. No one is deemed unworthy. I can just picture him sitting down with both Republican and Democrat and being respectful to listen to all sides. Not resorting to making up school yard names like the elementary school bully who steals your lunch money and then taunts you about it. It was just such a delight to listen to that man talk.

Now, does he know everything? Surely not! But will he listen and speak respectfully of others whether he agrees with their position or not? I think so. Will he be able to re-establish the ties with our allies that have been so frayed over all this trade tariff crap? Again, I think so. Will we be able to move back into our position of being respected not for our meanness, but for our ability to help and support the hopes and dreams of other nations as we also work to gain the hopes and dreams of our own.

America has, for at least the last 80 years, been a great nation among the nations. In my opinion, Donald Trump has not made us 'great again' but has done his best to tear down all the foundations that made us great to begin with. Our willingness to help. That it's not about every other nation paying their fair share, but about the greatest nation helping out across the globe with all the other nations that desire to live in peace and security. That as a nation, it isn't the money, it's the care and concern that we show to people, God's created people that are just like each one of us, to make all of the globe a better place to live. It isn't all about America. If that's what patriotism is supposed to mean, then I readily admit that I'm no patriot.

I believe that fathers and mothers all across the globe are striving to work to provide for and support their families. Chinese people want to work for the same reasons that American people want to work and we don't need to work to deny them that, just because we have some wicked and slanted view of the world that everything in it has to revolve around the United State of America. We're just a nation on the face of the globe along with some 200 other nations. The people in everyone of those other nations share the same hopes and dreams that we do. Greatness comes in helping those less fortunate. Not rubbing their noses in their despair.

May God truly bless America and every other nation on the face of the globe with the proclamation of the gospel of His Son, Jesus. All other nation struggles are secondary to that work. I'm fairly confident that God is only interested in blessing America if America blesses God in all the work that it does as a nation in helping all the people of the earth. I am confident, that God isn't interested in some willful attempt to be a stumbling block to all the other nations.

Let's put a man in charge of our nation who can help us to achieve peace and security through diplomacy and respect. Not some crybaby who can't even use diplomacy and respect for his own people, let alone anyone else.

God bless,
In Christ, ted
Thank you Ted very heart felt.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi TCB,

Something to consider as we speak of gaffs.

My Church isn't based on the Bible.
Your Bible is based on my Church.

I'm not sure I'd be proclaiming that I was a part of a church not based on the Scriptures. And no, my Scriptures are not based on your church.

My Scriptures are based on the word of God and His servants who were charged long before your 'church' even came to be, to write them.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I like that statement.

Hi BF,

So, you don't go to a fellowship where the teaching and preaching and practices are based on the Scriptures?

Just curious. I'm of the baptist fellowship and we generally try to always ensure that our teaching and practices are based on the Scriptures. However, the church, those who are called out for God through the proclamation and their belief in the Son of God, is all based on the Scriptures. Without the Scriptures, there is no church because no one would know the truth and the way to become a part of Jesus' church.

You don't agree with that, though?

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Broken Fence

God with us!
Supporter
May 1, 2020
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi BF,

So, you don't go to a fellowship where the teaching and preaching and practices are based on the Scriptures?

Just curious. I'm of the baptist fellowship and we generally try to always ensure that our teaching and practices are based on the Scriptures. However, the church, those who are called out for God through the proclamation and their belief in the Son of God, is all based on the Scriptures. Without the Scriptures, there is no church because no one would know the truth and the way to become a part of Jesus' church.

You don't agree with that, though?

God bless,
In Christ, ted
I like the statement cause believers are the church. Not a building or denomination. The Bible was written by God's church, The Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi all,

God bless,
In Christ, ted
Biden will be perfect in one respect, he will do whatever he is told to do.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟931,284.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As opposed to having any idea of what to do without being told let alone have any ideas of his own.
We've just had an example of being governed by someone who thinks his ideas are BEST about everything ...

"We do have a plan and we think it's gonna be handled very well, we've already handled it very well.

"We have it totally under control. It's one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It's going to be just fine."

"China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!"

"And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done,"

"It's going to disappear. One day it's like a miracle, it will disappear,"

"And we've done a great job. And I've gotten to know these professionals. They're incredible. And everything is under control. I mean, they're very, very cool. They've done it, and they've done it well. Everything is really under control."

"Anybody that wants a test can get a test. ... The tests are all perfect, like the letter was perfect, the transcription was perfect, right?"

"I would love to have the country opened up and just raring to go by Easter," the president said of easing social distancing guidelines in parts of the country."

"I think Easter Sunday — you'll have packed churches all over our country."

"The better you do, the faster this whole nightmare will end. Therefore, we will be extending our guidelines to April 30th to slow the spread. ... We can expect that, by June 1st, we will be well on our way to recovery. We think, by June 1st, a lot of great things will be happening."

"This could be a hell of a bad two weeks. This is gonna be a very bad two — or maybe even three — weeks," the president said. "This is going to be three weeks like we haven't seen before."

"But it's not the flu. It's vicious. When you send a friend to the hospital and you call up to find out, how is he doing, it happened to me. Where he goes to the hospital, he says goodbye, sort of a tough guy, little older, little heavier than he'd like to be, frankly. And you call up the next day, 'how's he doing?' And he's in a coma? This is not the flu."

"I said it was going away - and it is going away."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We've just had an example of being governed by someone who thinks his ideas are BEST about everything ...

"We do have a plan and we think it's gonna be handled very well, we've already handled it very well.

"We have it totally under control. It's one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It's going to be just fine."

"China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!"

"And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done,"

"It's going to disappear. One day it's like a miracle, it will disappear,"

"And we've done a great job. And I've gotten to know these professionals. They're incredible. And everything is under control. I mean, they're very, very cool. They've done it, and they've done it well. Everything is really under control."

"Anybody that wants a test can get a test. ... The tests are all perfect, like the letter was perfect, the transcription was perfect, right?"

"I would love to have the country opened up and just raring to go by Easter," the president said of easing social distancing guidelines in parts of the country."

"I think Easter Sunday — you'll have packed churches all over our country."

"The better you do, the faster this whole nightmare will end. Therefore, we will be extending our guidelines to April 30th to slow the spread. ... We can expect that, by June 1st, we will be well on our way to recovery. We think, by June 1st, a lot of great things will be happening."

"This could be a hell of a bad two weeks. This is gonna be a very bad two — or maybe even three — weeks," the president said. "This is going to be three weeks like we haven't seen before."

"But it's not the flu. It's vicious. When you send a friend to the hospital and you call up to find out, how is he doing, it happened to me. Where he goes to the hospital, he says goodbye, sort of a tough guy, little older, little heavier than he'd like to be, frankly. And you call up the next day, 'how's he doing?' And he's in a coma? This is not the flu."

"I said it was going away - and it is going away."
I would rather fly with a hot shot pilot who runs off at the mouth than someone who needs someone else to tell him how to get the thing back on the ground.

Reactions: Arc F1
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟931,284.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would rather fly with a hot shot pilot who runs off at the mouth than someone who needs someone else to tell him how to get the thing back on the ground.
I'd rather fly with someone who heeds air traffic control.

P.S. Trump isn't a hot shot at anything ...

• Agree
Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Biden will be perfect in one respect, he will do whatever he is told to do.

Hi DC,

Well, I think that when you surround yourself with knowledgeable and bright people who have more knowledge on a substantive issue than you do yourself, doing what they tell you to do might be a good thing. Certainly we'd likely be in a better place today as regards the virus if President Trump had done what he was told to do in attacking it and protecting our people.

I'm also not clear on what evidence you might be basing your claim that VP Biden is some kind of 'yes man' to the people or business concerns, etc. Can you give some examples where Biden has proven to not follow his own mind on some issue? Since the ultimate employer of the President of the United States is the people, wouldn't we want someone who does what we tell them to do, if it's considered by most to be in the best interests of all? I mean, do we really support someone who has constantly and regularly been counseled and encouraged to not tweet out his every thought to the nation, to refuse to pay heed to such counsel?

I just think there are times that we'd like to have someone who does what he is told to do. So, I'm not sure that your complaint is necessarily a bad thing.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi
I like the statement cause believers are the church. Not a building or denomination. The Bible was written by God's church, The Holy Spirit.

Hi BF,

While I agree with you that the 'church' is not a building or denomination, I don't see the connection to that point in his statement. He says that his church is not based on the bible. How does that bring into play any idea about the church not being a building or denomination? If in fact, we use yours and my definition of the 'church', then it's all based on the bible. There wouldn't be any 'church' today, as defined as those people who have trusted in the testimony and offering of Jesus for our salvation, if we didn't have the bible and our practices and beliefs were not based on the bible. Do you really believe that some 2,000 years after Jesus' visitation to us that any of us would have even the slightest idea of 'salvation', 'faith', 'obedience', without the word of God, the Scriptures, to have remained constant and available to mankind through all of this time? That whatever we would have was based solely on some word of mouth testimony that had no written form to keep things on track as we crossed these last 2,000 years. Do you not believe that it is through the work of the Holy Spirit that the Scriptures have been preserved and maintained upon the earth since our Lord left us?

I would contend that if you were to ask any christian believer if their fellowship was based on the Scriptures, every one of them would answer, 'yes'. Every one of them would answer that the whole reason that their pastor gets up before them for 30 minutes or so every Sunday or Saturday is to expound on how we can apply the teachings of the Scriptures in our lives to be faithful to our God.

I honestly don't see how any part of the statement addresses this idea that the 'church' is the people and not some building or denomination. Are you sure that you aren't just reading that into the statement? I'm willing to listen though, could you explain how you discern that a church that is not based on the bible, is a good church? A faithful church?

God bless ,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Supporter
May 1, 2020
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi

Hi BF,

While I agree with you that the 'church' is not a building or denomination, I don't see the connection to that point in his statement. He says that his church is not based on the bible. How does that bring into play any idea about the church not being a building or denomination? If in fact, we use yours and my definition of the 'church', then it's all based on the bible. There wouldn't be any 'church' today, as defined as those people who have trusted in the testimony and offering of Jesus for our salvation, if we didn't have the bible and our practices and beliefs were not based on the bible. Do you really believe that some 2,000 years after Jesus' visitation to us that any of us would have even the slightest idea of 'salvation', 'faith', 'obedience', without the word of God, the Scriptures, to have remained constant and available to mankind through all of this time? That whatever we would have was based solely on some word of mouth testimony that had no written form to keep things on track as we crossed these last 2,000 years. Do you not believe that it is through the work of the Holy Spirit that the Scriptures have been preserved and maintained upon the earth since our Lord left us?

I would contend that if you were to ask any christian believer if their fellowship was based on the Scriptures, every one of them would answer, 'yes'. Every one of them would answer that the whole reason that their pastor gets up before them for 30 minutes or so every Sunday or Saturday is to expound on how we can apply the teachings of the Scriptures in our lives to be faithful to our God.

I honestly don't see how any part of the statement addresses this idea that the 'church' is the people and not some building or denomination. Are you sure that you aren't just reading that into the statement? I'm willing to listen though, could you explain how you discern that a church that is not based on the bible, is a good church? A faithful church?

God bless ,
In Christ, ted
I agree most churches are based on bible. Some say they are but do not show that. I misunderstood what the statement said I was reading to much into the statement.

Upvote 0