• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

whether or not the weather affects

pumanator

Veteran
Aug 1, 2005
✟10,032.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Just an obvious observation. We were in Savannah where my daughter lives and then she drove us down to Orlando. The heat and humidity during from 11 to 4 was unbelievable for a So Cal mtn boy and girl but the evenings where wonderful.

The whole time we were there both of us experienced a dramatic decrease in the amount of pain and medication needed...we both were cognizant of the fact that our joints were almost pain free but once we returned home to the mtns, which are still cool daytime and cold at night, the pain returned...no wonder older folks move to warmer digs, who am I kinding, I am older folks:D

Anyway, just an observation.

Oh, and the best sweet tea is in the south, where it came from...yum.

One day at a time

Always in a state of change.....
Apr 26, 2009
sitting in my recliner--I'm sure!
✟73,355.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well....I live in the south and I know I would never make it now if I was living in the north (where I am originally from)...but I can tell you that systems still come through that will wreck havoc on your body.
But am glad to hear that you got some relief......now as far as the sweet tea.....I don't know....I grew up on unsweetened tea so I think that it's way too sweet! I've made it and have watched them as well when they make it and the sugar content is off the charts! :D

Upvote 0

sono

Oct 18, 2010
✟7,614.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am originally from KS but have lived in several regions of the country and overseas. Here is my observation (for what its worth, lol). I have lupus, fibromyalgia and asthma.

Places where the weather changes a lot (read Kansas, OK, N. Texas -- anywhere tornados are common because it is changeable weather that causes them), I had a lot of pain.

Anywhere it rains a lot, I have pain and breathing problems (Pacific Northwest, the UK).

Anywhere where it was humid, I had breathing difficulties and a little more pain (maybe due in part to oxygen deprivation) UNLESS it was next to the ocean.

Anywhere on any ocean (California, Caribbean, Australia, the Atlantic coast of FL but not the Gulf coast of FL because the weather is variable there) I breathed better and *usually* felt somewhat better, especially if it was also warm. I think it is related to the affect of salt air.

Anywhere that it is dry, I feel much better. Dry and warm (though not hot) makes me feel the best.

I retired to Arizona but only because I couldn't afford Oceanside, CA. (-:

Upvote 0

pumanator

Veteran
Aug 1, 2005
✟10,032.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
yea, winter is here cold and wet and pain in spades. When we were in Savannah and Orlando the beginning of summer both I and the wife noticed a drastic reduction in pain as it was warm but no too and the humidity was low for there...hardly used any meds during the days which really surprised us both.

Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I do think the weather plays a part in how you feel - pain, and mood even. This summer our a/c went out, it was so hot and muggy in the house but I was in less pain that usual. So I get what you're saying. When it's cold I do experience a lot more pain.

Upvote 0

pumanator

Veteran
Aug 1, 2005
✟10,032.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Well, it's storming here...rain so far but a threat of snow. Thinking, rather than dread and hate it just, to trust Him and take it in stride...life is getting short and I going to try simply to stay warm and not let the cold get me down...I think that will take less energy ;) Not to mention how thankful I should be that I have a roof over my head where I can get warm.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pumanator

Veteran
Aug 1, 2005
✟10,032.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
It has been soooo cold here in my mtns but we did get a reprieve and some warm days are here for a little while. My daughter is in Savannah and our visit to there and Orlando was darn near pain free...used less than half the meds I allotted for the trip...maybe someday we be headin south.

Upvote 0

One day at a time

Always in a state of change.....
Apr 26, 2009
sitting in my recliner--I'm sure!
✟73,355.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I hear you on that one!! I've come to the point of where my body is falling apart and the putting back together again ---should be making me a bionic woman pretty soon!
I feel every weather system--good or bad....it just depends what part of my body that is bothering me to let me know what is coming.....rain or shine--there is something!
So the news just said more rain coming! UGH!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.