Manhattan, KS
✟186,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So we of the Spirit variety love to worship and observe all things Charismatic. We believe the Holy Spirit of Yahweh is alive and active in all who adhere to our creed and enjoy a good Charismatic preacher bringing "the word". Why, from time to time, being slain in the Spirit or praying in tongues even gets the fervor even higher.

But where is the proof of "the anointing"?

We cannot possibly believe or even say with conviction that people who are "slain in the Spirit" have been Spirit baptized.

Nor can we say with any conviction praying in tongues is the mark of being Spirit Filled.

I have known many people who fell seemingly lifeless to the ground at an altar who straight way went about their life as though nothing ever happened. Only having received a slightly higher moral standing with which to look down up others from.

I have seen people who pray in the Spirit one minute and then cut others down the next. These are NOT marks of the Holy Spirit.

So what is?

LOVE

Not love for self, not love for friends. Love for your enemies.

The Spirit was given so we would be Christlike. Being Christlike means having his mind and living as he.

Jesus died for us while we were yet sinners! He was alone, even his closest friends and companions abandoned him, yet he carried on dutifully because He LOVED even those who betrayed him.

I know some will disagree and spit out the traditional Charismatic nonsense of "Praying in tongues" is the only sign, but I do not agree. Being able to love people that hurt you, despise you, mistreat you, revile you, hate you is the true mark of being full of the Spirit. Anyone can fake a tongue. Any preacher can fabricate a slaying in the Spirit. But only the Holy Spirit of God can cause a person to sacrifically love even those who the flesh longs to hate.

Until the church gets a hold on what really matters to God, the fakeness of our worship will only continue to grow.

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So we of the Spirit variety love to worship and observe all things Charismatic. We believe the Holy Spirit of Yahweh is alive and active in all who adhere to our creed and enjoy a good Charismatic preacher bringing "the word". Why, from time to time, being slain in the Spirit or praying in tongues even gets the fervor even higher.

We cannot possibly believe or even say with conviction that people who are "slain in the Spirit" have been Spirit baptized.

Nor can we say with any conviction praying in tongues is the mark of being Spirit Filled.

I have known many people who fell seemingly lifeless to the ground at an altar who straight way went about their life as though nothing ever happened. Only having received a slightly higher moral standing with which to look down up others from.

I have seen people who pray in the Spirit one minute and then cut others down the next. These are NOT marks of the Holy Spirit.

So what is?

LOVE

The Spirit was given so we would be Christlike. Being Christlike means having his mind and living as he.

Jesus died for us while we were yet sinners! He was alone, even his closest friends and companions abandoned him, yet he carried on dutifully because He LOVED even those who betrayed him.

I know some will disagree and spit out the traditional Charismatic nonsense of "Praying in tongues" is the only sign, but I do not agree. Being able to love people that hurt you, despise you, mistreat you, revile you, hate you is the true mark of being full of the Spirit. Anyone can fake a tongue. Any preacher can fabricate a slaying in the Spirit. But only the Holy Spirit of God can cause a person to sacrifically love even those who the flesh longs to hate.

Until the church gets a hold on what really matters to God, the fakeness of our worship will only continue to grow.
amen But this also brings up the question of how many people actually know what Biblical Love really is...

Oh about 11 or 12 years ago God called me to full time study of Biblical Love...about a year or two ago I asked my husband if when we started this project if he had any idea just how big a topic Biblical Love was. His answer was the same as mine...we understood with our minds that we couldn't grasp it but in our hearts we simply had no idea. After this long of full time study of Biblical Love, there is no hint of slowing down...I have slowed down, much study is wearisome...but the topic is still going strong.

• Agree
Reactions: ByTheSpirit
Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

So what is?

LOVE

Dang, which Pentecostal church have you been to? lol

More serious note, i think all the charisma, fakeness, and lack of spirit-fill goodness and anointing and all the other terminologies we can think of is because we trained ourselves so well to rely on presenting the appearance of love, romanticizing what love should look like if it was to look like God's love,convincing others that i have the Holy Spirit, instead of actually understanding what God said love is, what God said worship is, what God said sacrifice is, and taking the knowledge and understanding of the Word and applying it, and letting the Holy Spirit work in us.

We are good at lying to others, but we are really good at lying to ourselves.

Anyone can fake love as well, its not hard to fake love your enemies.And there are plenty of unbelieving people who have done acts that are towards loving their enemies. The true mark would be obedience to God. The fruit of it would be that God gets glory. Obedience through being hearers and doers of the Word, and alot of times one or the other is dulled out, its either we do and fake hearing, or we hear and fake doing. And then we pick and choose what should be faked and what should be revealed. and we pick and choose what others should be faking, and what others should be revealing, and it goes on and on.Not every act of God's love looks and sounds pretty, but its of truth and towards a good end. But if we don't know or are open to knowing what truth is personally, things can get easily passed off as not of God.

I think until we as a body of Christ stop looking to be shiny fruits, be honest about ourselves, and actually focus on how God defines a good fruit, and be obedient to God's Word, meaning repent, turning from our ways, and seeking God, we're just going continue on as if we can see, but are actually blind.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

More serious note, i think all the charisma, fakeness, and lack of spirit-fill goodness and anointing and all the other terminologies we can think of is because we trained ourselves so well to rely on presenting the appearance of love, romanticizing what love should look like if it was to look like God's love,convincing others that i have the Holy Spirit, instead of actually understanding what God said love is, what God said worship is, what God said sacrifice is, and taking the knowledge and understanding of the Word and applying it, and letting the Holy Spirit work in us.

Anyone can fake love as well, its not hard to fake love your enemies.And there are plenty of unbelieving people who have done acts that are towards loving their enemies. The true mark would be obedience to God. The fruit of it would be that God gets glory. Obedience through being hearers and doers of the Word, and alot of times one or the other is dulled out, its either we do and fake hearing, or we hear and fake doing. Not every act of God's love looks and sounds pretty, but its of truth and towards a good end.

I think until we as a body of Christ stop looking to be shiny fruits, be honest about ourselves, and actually focus on how God defines a good fruit, and be obedient to God's Word, meaning repent, turning from our ways, and seeking God, we're just going continue on as if we can see, but are actually blind.
amen but remember "If you Love me obey My commandments." John 14:15...iow's if we show Love we will be in obedience. There is a reason scripture tells us that we will be known by our Love.

• Winner
Reactions: ByTheSpirit
Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
amen but remember "If you Love me obey My commandments." John 14:15...iow's if we show Love we will be in obedience. There is a reason scripture tells us that we will be known by our Love.

True love, God's love, is shown through obedience.We alone cannot love. But love abides in us through obedience.

Obedience can be boiled down to two things; action and heart. Sometimes the form of action is "rebuking", sometimes its in the form of "exhorting", and sometimes is it the form of "reproving". All these forms have to also be done out of a heart that operates things with great patience and careful instruction.(2 Timothy 4:2). The point of obedience is for God's glory, to let people know that God is good,to be inform that there is a God, who loves us, and wants us to not perish. Not to necessarily make God look good or pleasing.

Fathers sometimes have to rebuke,exhort, or reprove their children, but all done of a heart that is patient and gracious. Some actions make them look heartless, but in the end, a good Father will always strive to point to truth, and lead you to a good end despite how they look. That is love.

Often times I come across instances where i have the heart, and not acting in accordance to the instruction. And often times I come across acting in accordance without the right heart.So many examples of people that have done things right in the sight of man, but not of God, or make sacrifices to God but neglect to care for the people. Sometimes we focus so much on either the action or heart shown to us, and make it a suffice marker of the presence of God's love, when love is to be seen is holistic and having the Word of God be the marker.

So I guess I'm saying all that to encourage us, to not be so caught up on the actions of people, and not to be so focus on how might someone's heart be in saying things, but to encourage one another to walk in obedience, view things through the lens of obedience, this is where love lies. Not just in actions, and not just in heart. Whatever done to an enemy must be out of obedience, that is how love is truly evident.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
True love, God's love, is shown through obedience.We alone cannot love. But love abides in us through obedience.

Obedience can be boiled down to two things; action and heart. Sometimes the form of action is "rebuking", sometimes its in the form of "exhorting", and sometimes is it the form of "reproving". All these forms have to also be done out of a heart that operates things with great patience and careful instruction.(2 Timothy 4:2). The point of obedience is for God's glory, to let people know that God is good,to be inform that there is a God, who loves us, and wants us to not perish. Not to necessarily make God look good or pleasing.

Fathers sometimes have to rebuke,exhort, or reprove their children, but all done of a heart that is patient and gracious. Some actions make them look heartless, but in the end, a good Father will always strive to point to truth, and lead you to a good end despite how they look. That is love.

Often times I come across instances where i have the heart, and not acting in accordance to the instruction. And often times I come across acting in accordance without the right heart.So many examples of people that have done things right in the sight of man, but not of God, or make sacrifices to God but neglect to care for the people. Sometimes we focus so much on either the action or heart shown to us, and make it a suffice marker of the presence of God's love, when love is to be seen is holistic and having the Word of God be the marker.

So I guess I'm saying all that to encourage us, to not be so caught up on the actions of people, and not to be so focus on how might someone's heart be in saying things, but to encourage one another to walk in obedience, view things through the lens of obedience, this is where love lies. Not just in actions, and not just in heart. Whatever done to an enemy must be out of obedience, that is how love is truly evident.
All I would add to this is that the source of Love is God thus it is done in the power of the indwelling HS more than heart though you are right it must be sincere and from the heart. The core or center part of Love from which all else flows then is humility something we don't truly understand the depths of. Amen

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

The Lord Jesus indeed said: "If ye love me, keep my commandments." (John 14.15)

Reactions: razzelflabben
Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟186,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
amen But this also brings up the question of how many people actually know what Biblical Love really is...

Oh about 11 or 12 years ago God called me to full time study of Biblical Love...about a year or two ago I asked my husband if when we started this project if he had any idea just how big a topic Biblical Love was. His answer was the same as mine...we understood with our minds that we couldn't grasp it but in our hearts we simply had no idea. After this long of full time study of Biblical Love, there is no hint of slowing down...I have slowed down, much study is wearisome...but the topic is still going strong.

I have always considered biblical love as an expression of Jesus.

What did Jesus do?

He cared for all people, even outcasts.
He provided for them.
He was servant to all.
He gave his life willing for all.

Even though he didn't have to. Even though he was/is King of all things, he became a servant to all.

That to me is what biblical love is, and the true mark of being Spirit filled. Knowing that all things have been given over to me, but living as a slave and servant to all.

Paul lived this life as well as Peter and the Apostles, I would do well to do the same as God's grace flows through me. :)

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟186,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

We are good at lying to others, but we are really good at lying to ourselves.

Anyone can fake love as well, its not hard to fake love your enemies.And there are plenty of unbelieving people who have done acts that are towards loving their enemies. The true mark would be obedience to God. The fruit of it would be that God gets glory. Obedience through being hearers and doers of the Word, and alot of times one or the other is dulled out, its either we do and fake hearing, or we hear and fake doing. And then we pick and choose what should be faked and what should be revealed. and we pick and choose what others should be faking, and what others should be revealing, and it goes on and on.Not every act of God's love looks and sounds pretty, but its of truth and towards a good end. But if we don't know or are open to knowing what truth is personally, things can get easily passed off as not of God.

amen. Thank you for this!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Susan Swanger Zipf

May 1, 2017
Asheville
✟9,764.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You are right, in that what God has for us, Satan can copy.
This is where discernment comes in. There is ALWAYS a reason for being slain in the spirit.
Life will always change.
These are outward indications of an inward change. If there was no inward change, the outward change was fake.
In addition, I know a beautiful woman, who just oozes God out of every poor. She loves, and lives, as much like Jesus did as anyone I know.
She does not believe in speaking in tongues. But I promise you she has the Spirit of God in a mighty way.
I cannot believe that she is missing any boldness or power from God.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟629,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is it TRUTH you really seek? Well I was going to answer more. This says allot "I know some will disagree and spit out the traditional Charismatic nonsense ". Love? SPIT OUT? :)

Then "Being able to love people that hurt you, despise you, mistreat you, revile you, hate you is the true mark of being full of the Spirit." <----I cant' find this in the word. I can find they will know you are mine by your love one for another.

"Anyone can fake a tongue. Any preacher can fabricate a slaying in the Spirit". A.. my late mother would have to disagree with you on that lol. As for any preacher and slain in the spirit. I have no clue why this is the preachers fault. Well if I was to pray for you and YOU fall.. sorry..why is it my fault? Stand of fall.. yeah.. I dont know of ANY preacher that MAKES people fall :)

Now a preacher asks one night at church..anyone want to experience the power of God? So you go up.. sure if Gods real. The preachers back is to you. He turns.. takes one finger and juuuuust touches your forehead. You open your eyes.. a.. why are you on your back? How long were you lying there? You start to get up the POWER OF God hits your feet shoots into your chest... PRAISE GOD. Never in your life have you felt ...no words.. you cannot praise Him love Him enough.. wow.. Now all you ever want is HIM...

Before all that you use to go to this bible study where now and then they would you "would you like the Holy Spirit?". You love Jesus..born again. But you always said no. They never once pushed you. One night you say yes. You sit in this chair they read the bible on the "holy Spirit". They ask you again do you want the holy Spirit? You say yes. They pray they stop. They say ..thats it you got it. HUH? You felt nothing..nothing..nothing happen. So you get up.. you go to sit down and BAM! It just comes out. You find out years later reading the word.. that how it happen to you was EXACTLY how it happen to them.

After this you shall receive power. They 12/120 were saved after Jesus rose was taken up. All could have went on with life and still all going to heaven. Jesus told them to wait for that promise that HE asked the Father for. Now I have read heard MAN say/called "its proof". Never heard Jesus say that.

Yes yes.. heard "Satan has counter-fit this or that". And there is some truth to that but who looks at another and your 1st thought is.. its fake? Based on? How they live? I speak in tongues. No matter what happens fall or stand.. I will always be able to speak in tongues. Can be in a bar drinking with some woman that is not my wife (GOD FORBID LOL) I will still be able to talk in tongues. Some believer sees me.. duh..I am of the devil and its all fake right? For a fake..something had to be true. Satan can not create anything.

To love your enemy.. we say it as easy as we say I love Yeshua/Jesus. We will always fail.. HE is always faithful. If none are righteous..if all our righteousness is as rages..if ALL GOOD things come from God..

Stop looking at a moment in time in someones life. Know you cant see the heart...and did you see search for the GOOD in that person 1st?

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟551,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Holy Spirit is of course Love.
But in the believer, Love is the fruit of your reborn spirit. Galatians is speaking about your reborn spirit, not the Holy Spirit. The capitalization in of the word Spirit is not found in the Greek... it was added by translators to "help" you. It is not the Holy Spirit battling with the flesh... that would not be much of a battle.
It is your reborn spirit battling your flesh. Only that makes sense.
As far as evidence of the Holy Spirit baptism...
The initial evidence is faith that you have received... just as it is for salvation, healing, answered prayer, or any other blessing of God.
As someone who has been speaking in tongues for 46 years... and who prophesied before I ever spoke in tongues, I can testify that any believer can have faith and speak in tongues today... now. Any believer with sufficient faith and spiritual Word content can prophesy. It is no grand achievement on your part. It is simply a spiritual ability that we all have.... It is not the "initial evidence".. it is the natural result of being born again and crying "abba" (father).
Just believe what He said and do it!

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Our awakening is beginning. Prepare to be amazed.
Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

So what is?

LOVE

Brother, can I offer an “amen” to that?

We have so concentrated on the first half of the gospel..... forgivness.... that we have been totally blinded to our need for the second half. And what is that?

Is it not that once cleansed, made new, with the old us past away, God promises to transform us into His image from glory to glory? We have assumed that what we refer to as “progressive sanctification” simply happens if you remain a believer, go to church, avoid excessively sinful sins (wait, aren’t they all?) and over time.... decades... we eventually become less worldly, and more godly in our speech, our dress, our actions and yes, our love for others, even those who are our enemies.

But to everyone reading these words, I just ask that you take a minute and look over your own walk since the glorious day you first believed. How goes it in your own transformation? Do you find yourself still clinging to the cross for forgiveness for the same old sins that have been thorns in your side all those years? Does that not strike you as odd.... even sad?

Losten, God has more for us, much, much more. And does our God not say “Open your mouth wide and I will fill it”? Does He not encourage us by telling us “You will seek me and you will find me, whwn you seek me with your whole heart.”?

Guys, this is no small thing. If we are to be known by the love we have one for another, and the world can see plainly that we possess little more than other basically “good” people, then this is EVERYTHING.

There is a reason why this has happened, and God knew it would be this way. Praise God, He is about to open up the eyes of the hungry hearted to the truth and we will for the first time since the days of the book of Acts have men look at us and exclaim “Look how thry love one another!”

A new day is about to dawn on all those who long to walk pleasing to their savior. Hold fast, the rain is coming!

Blessings, Gids

And thank you Mike for such an awesome post.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟689,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So we of the Spirit variety
love to worship and observe all things Charismatic.
We believe the Holy Spirit of Yahweh is alive and active in all who adhere to our creed and enjoy a good Charismatic preacher bringing "the word". Why, from time to time, being slain in the Spirit or praying in tongues even gets the fervor even higher.

So what is?

LOVE

I know some will disagree
and spit out the traditional Charismatic nonsense of "Praying in tongues" is the only sign, but I do not agree. Being able to love people that hurt you, despise you, mistreat you, revile you, hate you is the true mark of being full of the Spirit. Anyone can fake a tongue. Any preacher can fabricate a slaying in the Spirit. But only the Holy Spirit of God can cause a person to sacrifically love even those who the flesh longs to hate.

Until the church gets a hold on what really matters to God,
the fakeness of our worship will only continue to grow.

The genuine nature of my worship is based on the condition of my heart and not the worship leader.

The infilling of the Spirit was accompanied by the speaking in tongues almost every time it is mentioned in the NT, but the real issue IMO is power, not tongues.

Acts 1:8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
My simple reply is - if you are not witnessing for Jesus, there is just no need for the Holy Spirit. He isn't a sugar daddy, nor is He an Entertainer.

The most powerful times in the Spirit is when a group of believers in the Lordship of Jesus Christ gather to worship Him, not worrying about who was around them, but who was in them.

I've never heard the teaching of being slain in the spirit was a sign of being baptized - that isn't scriptural at all.

We need more preachers who follow Paul's statement:

3 I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling. 4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, 5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Amen, brother. I find it exceptionally sad, and as well, exceptionally revealing that in today’s take on church, so many pastors and teachers, our leaders, show so little of the sentiment that were so deeply embedded in the lives of the apostles.

Paul said a mouthful, when he said “I desire not yours, but you.” Pastors today, with few glorious but almost unheard of exceptions, live as well or better off than those they serve. They are there to coddle their parishoners, making sure they say only good things that will not offend. No chastening, no exhortation, No correction or instruction in righteousness. No leading by example. No sacrificing in this life to insure others find the rest that remains for the people of God.

Paul worked during the day so he could provide for himself and not be found in need of assistance from those he hoped to lead deeper into Christ. Yes, the prosperity gospel is a grievous error, leading multitudes away. But the sad truth is that even our respectable, and well balanced leaders today are not leadnig at all, but simply not rocking the boat of numb sheep that have become content with religious husks. Far too many offer warmed over sermons on forgivenessm while ignoring totally the call He has on our lives to live differently from those in the world, and that we might truly walk in the understanding of who we are as new creatures, overcoming all the arrows that are daily hurled at us from the world, the flesh and the devil.

But praise God, our awakening is finally beginning. Will what we call “the church” be able to stretch enough in order to obtain and walk in the “free indeed” Jesus promised us? God has not given me that answer but in my mind, I simply have a hard time picturing it.

A lot of people has used the phrase “Come out from among her” to bolster their take on what that means. Right now, I do not have an answer, but I guarantee it is no small thing. Just as surely as the early Christians had to turn their backs on their Judaism, or were simply cast out of the synogogues, that same choice will be found in the middle of our own paths.

It is coming. The valley of decision. And what is the choice? Us, with Jesus neatly folded up in our back pocket to be pulled out every Sunday morning and when things go south, or Him in us, causing us to walk in obedience and always causing us to triumph in our battle with our old nature.

God bless you, brother. God surely has His hand on you.

Blessings,

Gideon
I have always considered biblical love as an expression of Jesus.

What did Jesus do?

He cared for all people, even outcasts.
He provided for them.
He was servant to all.
He gave his life willing for all.

Even though he didn't have to. Even though he was/is King of all things, he became a servant to all.

That to me is what biblical love is, and the true mark of being Spirit filled. Knowing that all things have been given over to me, but living as a slave and servant to all.

Paul lived this life as well as Peter and the Apostles, I would do well to do the same as God's grace flows through me. :)
brother.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟689,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Amen, brother. I find it exceptionally sad, and as well,

No, no no. There is no sadness on my end. I am held in awe almost everyday of the many ministers and believers who are actively preaching teaching and demonstrating the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

The miraculous nature of the Gospel is happening daily. All one had to do is look for it.

Reactions: StillGods
Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, no no. There is no sadness on my end. I am held in awe almost everyday of the many ministers and believers who are actively preaching teaching and demonstrating the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

The miraculous nature of the Gospel is happening daily. All one had to do is look for it.
It was said of the early believers by those in amazement “Behold how they love one another!” Others simply kept their distance, for they knew that “those who had turned the entire world upside down” knew no limits to their zeal and desire to see souls brought into a love relationship with Jesus.

In forty five years of walking after God, I have yet to hear words such as these even once. The world looks on us as nice religious people but as to loving one another as we love ourselves? As to our being moved with passion that transcends our 2.8 hours of television nightly? Sorry, we pale in comparison. That is bad enough, but far worse is the fact we cannot recognize it, or even come to the place where we can admit it.

Blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟689,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In forty five years of walking after God, I have yet to hear words such as these even once

That makes me sad. It is literally happening all over the face of the earth and you have not seen it.

Reactions: StillGods
Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That makes me sad. It is literally happening all over the face of the earth and you have not seen it.
Brother, I respect the fact you stand by what you perceive to be the truth. I do not agree but do not be sad. Change is in the wind and a very content, very lukewarm church is about to discover the how of overcoming and when they do, the world will say something new. Ready?

“Look, that which brought forth on briars and thorns has be ome again like the garden of Eden!”

Live, bones, live.

Blessings, Gideon

Upvote 0