St.Louis metropolitan area
✟18,662.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The singles forum always catches my eye because they seem to have so much fun and post so many random items....fellowship. The married forum is all doom and gloom...lol, hard to believe they still want to get married when they read our forum. So...what happened to fellowship? Do you think this forum could use more of it?

SmileAndAHandshake

Senior Veteran
Oct 1, 2003
✟19,199.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The singles forum always catches my eye because they seem to have so much fun and post so many random items....fellowship. The married forum is all doom and gloom...lol, hard to believe they still want to get married when they read our forum. So...what happened to fellowship? Do you think this forum could use more of it?

In my 6 years here, this has never really been a happening place (the marriage forum) -- I post in the Singles section just to have some good conversation!

People only ever wanna come here to complain :doh: I hate that.

*dances* I wanna SING :D

Upvote 0

alfrodull

Senior Veteran
Jul 13, 2007
✟11,571.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Fine. Happy now?

Pdvd_236.jpg

Upvote 0

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Great idea, B.Hopeful. I wanna dance too....

Now all we need is an interesting (and upbeat) topic I guess....anyone?

I want the aches and pains to go away. I want teenagers to be respectful like they used to be in the good old days. I want to get good value for my hard earned dollars. I want all those crooked fat cat politicians and bankers to get what they got coming to them.

Who says we don't have interesting and upbeat topics here!

Upvote 0

c1ners

Senior Contributor
Dec 12, 2005
US
✟30,977.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How about....what's your most favorite postive Christmas memory?

Edited to add: The offspring thread put a smile on my face. Now THAT was fellowship. Even the ones who didn't have children or don't want children posted pictures of their animals and everyone was okay with that. It was good. :)

Upvote 0

DZoolander

Persnickety Member
Apr 24, 2007
Far far away
✟120,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Christmas was always my favorite time of year growing up.

My folks would always invite all of the family (from our part of the country) over - and we'd have a giant dinner. I always loved the decorations, getting to see the family, eating dinner with them, and the conversations in the living room after we were done.

Mom would make the turkey and mashed potatoes (I always thought there was some big trick to making good mashed potatoes...only to discover a few years ago just how wrong I was. It's in fact one of the few dishes that is almost impossible to screw up!). Everyone else would bring something. My favorite aunt would bring this stuff called Ambrosia Salad (think cranberry sauce mixed with marshmallows, whipped cream and walnuts.)

I *loved* that stuff until one year when I got the flu around Christmas time (maybe 9 years old or so)...and errrrr...think Exorcist but with everything being pink...hahaha Ummm - never ate it again over the next 15 years of dinners.

...but yeah...good times. That's one of the things that I really miss.

Reactions: c1ners
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
B

believetheunseen

Christmas for me, means hanging upside down. My grandma's house had a hand rail in the front since she and grandpa were aging. It was installed a few feet from the ground, and being a youngster when we visited, it was the perfect height for me to sit on, and then grab hold of with my knees and hang upside down. My nephews and I (who were only a few years behind me) would hang upside for as long as we could, it was a competition.
That and getting the paper with my dad. My dad always woke up before me, but because of the Christmas excitement got me out bed bright and early, too. My grandma lived a block from a gas station, so at 5:30 Christmas morning, Dad and I put on our coats and boots and walked to the gas station in the freezing Wyoming air. On our way back the sun was usually coming up, and dad almost always bought me a hot chocolate to drink on the way back, which is a rare treat. :)

Upvote 0
L

LovesToBless

A favorite Christmas memory of mine would be making Christmas cookies with my mom. She loved to bake and that is something we did many years.

We'd make sugar cookies and cut them out in various Christmas type shapes. Then we'd "paint" them with frosting made from confectioners sugar and coloring.

Years later, I wanted to do the same with my son, and tried to make a cookie that tasted the same...and failed. It turned out my mom didn't use the standard sugar cookie recipe, which was what I was assuming. She instead used the chocolate chip cookie dough recipe (without the chips) and added additional flour to make the dough stiff enough to roll out. Once I found that out, I was able to reproduce the taste. My son and I have enjoyed that too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

renewedfaith

May 28, 2009
✟7,697.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When I first started posting here 2&3 yrs ago this place was hoping! The whole first page and sometimes half of the second page, were all from the same day. It was the same with the womens forum. I've noticed the activity on this whole site has diminished a lot since then.

Upvote 0
B

believetheunseen

I've been on and off this site for a few years, sometimes with marital questions, sometimes just to pop in.
I honestly think people just get frustrated with the mis-communications that happen around here and the anger that happens afterwards. I'm considering taking a break from the site for a while, just because I get so emotionally involved sometimes. :S

Upvote 0

Conservativation

Jun 18, 2009
✟13,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Its interesting that people see questions like "whats your favorite color" as all THAT interesting. Is it really a topic? Is it a conversation? Im just askin. I see these suggestions frequently on forums, and I must be a codger because I just dont get it.

I LOVE sitting and talking with friends, new and old, about old times, good times, favorite things...so Im not really a codger...but reading everyones recipe for wassal just doesnt do it for me.

Im sure you all are worried that I feel this way

Upvote 0