Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth...

orbiter

Apr 1, 2016
Fl
✟76,075.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Peace in Christ.

If they say unto you “Behold, He is in the desert, do not go forth”.

Mat 24:26 KJV
(26) Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

The “desert” signifies the “desert” of meaningful words….a mouth speaking/preaching empty words devoid of the Word of Truth.

A desert is an empty, dry place where there is generally no water.

These are “preachers” who are like wells without water speaking words of emptiness.

There is no water to drink so-to-speak in their messages in the "desert" of a multitude of empty words.

2Pe 2:17-18 KJV
(17) These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever.

They speak with eloquent, appealing speeches….but are really not saying anything as they are just words of “vanity”….words of emptiness...in the "desert".

They are gifted speakers without the ability to truly say anything that satisfies our spiritual thirst for the Word of Truth.

(18) For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.

Anyone who goes to them to hear the word of men is really “dry” with thirst from not hearing the true and faithful Word of God.

But our Lord comes to give us His knowledge…the true Word of God. He speaks the true and faithful words of God which are like the “waters” that quench our “thirst”.

The Word of God is free of charge while the word of men demands payment from their kept- thirsty hearers. The word of men does not satisfy.

Isa 55:1-3 KJV
(1) Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.
(2) Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.
(3) Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.

He will give the water of life FREELY in the flow of the Spirit to those who “thirst” for the “true and faithful” words of God. His words are spirit and they are life.

Rev 21:5-6 KJV
(5) And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
(6) And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

Again, you won’t find the Word of Truth being preached in the “desert” of empty words.

They speak their empty words very charismatically.

They are great story tellers making their preaching sound very interesting. But at the end of their “good words and fair speeches”, one feels “thirsty” for the Word of God still. Their good words and fair speeches leave you parched and wandering in the “desert” of empty words.

The “word” you hear is the word of men who preach great, swelling, deceptive, empty words without any meaning rather than the Word of God spoken in Christ which effectually works in those who will believe in it.

1Th 2:13 KJV
(13) For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

They speak their “great swelling words” for your “admiration”…that is, for you to wonder or marvel at …in order to get paid. They are gifted speakers of empty words that mesmerizes those they deceive.

Jud 1:16 KJV
(16) These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.

They…the false prophets… speak their “wonders” in the “desert” in order for you to be deceived into thinking that they are preaching the true Jesus who they are calling the true “Christ”.

Mat 24:23-24 KJV
(23) Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
(24) For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

We must not go and be partakers with them. If we are there in their company, we must depart from them and be separate.

Eph 5:6-7
(6) Let no man deceive you with vain (EMPTY) words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
(7) Be not ye therefore partakers with them.

Christ is not there in their midst. He is not speaking through them via the Holy Spirit.

False prophets who are preaching their false Christ in their “good words and fair speeches” want you to come to the “desert” and join along with them in their deception but we must not believe them and go to them.

Mat 24:26-27
(26) Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

We will definitely know when we hear the true and faithful words in the presence of the one-and-only true Christ as the light shall shine within our very own darkened hearts when we hear Him speak.

We don’t need outward displays of “great signs” and wonderous good words and fair speeches (which only deceive the hearts of the simple). We have a very personal SIGN of the Son within us of the presence of the true Christ.

The “lightening” …that is, the “bright shining”…comes out of the “east” (Greek: anatolē ….meaning “rising, dawn”)… and shines even unto the “west”….that is, (the sun set). The “west” is the darkness of the heart where the “sun” had already set.

This “dawning” of light within the darkness of the heart is the sign of the Son of man that is the evidence of His “coming”…that is, PRESENCE (Greek: Parousia).

(27) For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming (PRESENCE) of the Son of man be.

This is the answer to the disciples who asked what the SIGN of His PRESENCE would be.

We shall know His presence (His “coming” = Parousia = presence) via the light shining within our very own hearts when the true Christ speaks to us.

Mat 24:3-5
(3) And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming (PRESENCE), and of the end of the world?

This is in contrast to the presence of false prophets who do not have this effect upon our own hearts.

They come forth with their “good words and fair speeches” to deceive us into believing that the “Jesus” that they are preaching is the true Christ (but is really the “antichrist”…the instead-of the true Christ).

(4) And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
(5) For many shall come in my name (the name of Jesus), saying, I am THE Christ; and shall deceive man
y.

They must use their gifted speaking ( the “wonders”) and their showing of outward “great signs” in order to deceive the hearts of the simple into thinking that the true Christ is being preached in their midst.

Mat 24:23-26 KJV
(23) Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
(24) For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
(25) Behold, I have told you before.

They show us “great or big signs” in the “desert” of empty words.

What is a “big sign” that we see today being performed in the midst of false prophets that is really powerful to even deceive the very elect if possible ?

Stay with me here as it will challenge most of our original thinking.

We see the “great sign” of literal, water baptism being performed in front of the eyes of many whom they are deceiving. They “bewitch” our eyes with the using of it.

It is truly a powerful sign being shown to us which trips up most people into thinking that those who are performing literal water baptism are preaching the true Christ.

Mat 24:23 KJV

There is nothing wrong with water baptism by itself even though It does nothing to save us whether we are or are not. I was also water baptized as most are.

Yet, it is an outward “sign” (of supposed inward things…behold, “He is in the inner chamber”) being misused by the false prophets in order to deceive the hearts of those into thinking that “here is the Christ” being preached by them.

Many are falling for the false prophets’ deception in their performance of this outward sign.
Many are going out to them and looking for the words of the true Christ in the “desert” of empty words where they are performing “great signs” such as literal, water baptism and deceptively saying “here is the Christ”.

As we know, John the Baptist water baptized many in the desert (and John the Baptist was the “lone voice” in the desert of many empty voices).

Many went to him but he did confess that he wasn’t the Christ.

Yet today, many go out to the “desert” to where the many false prophets are literal water baptizing and claiming that “here is the Christ” when He is not there in their preaching of empty words .

Joh 1:19-28 KJV
(19) And this is the record of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, Who art thou?

John was baptizing in the desert but confessed that he was not the Christ.

Yet, many false prophets have continued with the performance of this outward “great sign” of water baptism and are deceptively saying that “here is the Christ” when the true Christ is not in their presence.

(20) And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed, I am not the Christ.
(21) And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No.
(22) Then said they unto him, Who art thou? that we may give an answer to them that sent us. What sayest thou of thyself?
(23) He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias.
(24) And they which were sent were of the Pharisees.
(25) And they asked him, and said unto him, Why baptizest thou then, if thou be not that Christ, nor Elias, neither that prophet?
(26) John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not;
(27) He it is, who coming after me is preferred before me, whose shoe's latchet I am not worthy to unloose.
(28) These things were done in Bethabara beyond Jordan, where John was baptizing.

Literal water baptism was of the “gospel of the circumcision” preached by Peter to the first century Jews who died to the external requirements of the law. Remember that Moses could not cross over the Jordan.

The Jews heard repented and believed and were water baptized and then received the Holy Spirit.

Act 2:38 KJV
(38) Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

The “gospel of the uncircumcision” did not include water baptism as the gentiles (who did not have the Law) heard, believed and received the gift of the Spirit.

Gal 3:2-3 KJV
(2) This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Having begun in the Spirit are we not made complete by the flesh (by being, literal water baptized?)

(3) Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

What God has cleansed in the giving of the Holy Spirit, let no man call “unclean” or common by having them go and get literal water baptized..

Act 10:15 KJV
(15) And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.

Paul was upset with Peter who preached to the first gentile converts and commanded that the gentiles to “live after the manner of the Jews” did by being literal water baptized (which is the gospel of the circumcision) AFTER they had received the Holy Spirit.

Gal 2:14 KJV
(14) But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews
?

The first gentiles heard, believed and then received the gift of the Holy Spirit (without being water baptized) and yet Peter commanded them to be water baptized afterwards (maybe pressured to as there were those of the circumcision there).

Act 10:44-48 KJV
(44) While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
(45) And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
(46) For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God.
Then answered Peter,
(47) Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
(48) And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.