Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The blame game for the pandemic hasn't begun in earnest yet. But I predicted that while the truth will be embarrassingly evident once all the information is collected the blame will fall on the person, group, or organization that has pockets that are deep enough to enrich those who sit in judgment, or upon those whose reputations and careers can be damaged or destroyed by that judgment. Those upon whom the most blame should fall will escape judgment.

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The blame game for the pandemic hasn't begun in earnest yet. But I predicted that while the truth will be embarrassingly evident once all the information is collected the blame will fall on the person, group, or organization that has pockets that are deep enough to enrich those who sit in judgment, or upon those whose reputations and careers can be damaged or destroyed by that judgment. Those upon whom the most blame should fall will escape judgment.

The blame should land squarely on the Chinese government.

• Agree
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The blame for the pandemic lies on the Chinese government, which for some cultural reason unfathomable outside of China (not even other Asians understand it), they won't permanently shut down the wet markets.

However, there is still blame aplenty for how various governments handled the crisis in their various nations.

I would point out that this is no different from a biological attack--except that a biological attack would be more effective. The US ought to be prepared for a deliberate biological attack, yet we find zero preparation at all.

I've always said that immunization and biological defense should be a matter of national security. This should not be a state matter. It's not impossible that a genuine biological attack might be initially disguised as an accidental infection.

In the US Navy, if the ship runs aground, it's the captain's responsibility, even if he was asleep in his bunk at the time. It's a matter of where the buck stops, and that's why the captain gets the big bucks and all the salutes.

Ultimately, the buck for the security of the nation stops at the Oval Office, regardless who is at "fault."

Upvote 0

Jay Sea

................ Ke ĉiuj vivu
Mar 28, 2020
victoria
✟26,347.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Blame does not help anyone! Which government would be prepared to stand up and say that they were prepared for the virus when it appeared in their land. My country wasn't. The UK wasn't. They even had a practice for a pandemic in about 2016 and still weren't prepared and they knew that. So he who is without sin cast the first stone.

in love
Jay

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Everyone will suffer, universally.

What I suggest is a year of Jubilee for everyone.

Upvote 0

Jay Sea

................ Ke ĉiuj vivu
Mar 28, 2020
victoria
✟26,347.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

A great idea. When this over let's welcome all into our churches, from the highways and byways and celebrate with them: sing and dance that reflects the variety of culture in our lands.

in love
Jay

• Winner
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Many will profit, many will suffer, some will be virtually unaffected.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟373,369.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You haven't explained how anyone profits from shutdown economies and illness and death.

Manufacturers and distributors of surgical and N95 masks, gloves, face shields, hand sanitizer, ventilators, and other medical equipment.

And toilet paper. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Manufacturers and distributors of surgical and N95 masks, gloves, face shields, hand sanitizer, ventilators, and other medical equipment.

And toilet paper. :oldthumbsup:

Ironically, not necessarily. Unless the government says, "We're doing this for the long term," they're not going to permanently enlarge their production capabilities to take advantage of it.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You haven't explained how anyone profits from shutdown economies and illness and death.

There are bargains to be had in the stock market, real estate, and automobile purchases. Many will get free rent for a time. Profiteers selling high demand products for high prices, etc. Manufacturers of needed PPE, ventilators, overtime workers in critical trades, including healthcare workers, government workers processing all sorts of claims, etc. The money is still flowing.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Manufacturers and distributors of surgical and N95 masks, gloves, face shields, hand sanitizer, ventilators, and other medical equipment. And toilet paper. :oldthumbsup:

Possibly. But I don't think the OP was referring to that.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are bargains to be had in the stock market, real estate, and automobile purchases. Many will get free rent for a time. Profiteers selling high demand products for high prices, etc. Manufacturers of needed PPE, ventilators, overtime workers in critical trades, including healthcare workers, government workers processing all sorts of claims, etc. The money is still flowing.

What you refer to is not money flowing from off-shore.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Possibly. But I don't think the OP was referring to that.

Actually I was. Some will profit through greed, opportunities, or simply the increased sales of their products.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually I was. Some will profit through greed, opportunities, or simply the increased sales of their products.
Those are local producers absorbing money from local peoples savings.
And working in healthcare supplies, I can tell you that the healthcare
companies are squeezed tight as well. The orders are frantic....but very small.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is no advantage to anyone, anywhere, of anyone, being out of work.

How does the rich man profit, but without toilet paper in the house?
without the local park open?
without favorite restaurants open?
with all their relatives out of work?
with ANY segment of society out of worK?

Nobody profits.
Your case is still zero.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ironically, not necessarily. Unless the government says, "We're doing this for the long term," they're not going to permanently enlarge their production capabilities to take advantage of it.

The government would do well to mandate that hospitals be fully prepared for another such event. That would extend the production runs of needed equipment of many companies. This is a wakeup call that has enormous economic implications.

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0