Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Amen, but we must first put on our perfect bodies, which fly up to meet Him in the air.

No, their dead bodies stay on the Earth. They resurrect in heaven where the new body awaits even Paul mentioned that long ago:

2Co 5:3 If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.
2Co 5:4 For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.

Paul writes that he desires to be clothed with the house from Heaven and says it is eternal in Heaven. That's the resurrected body and it is from heaven not from the Earth nor from an Earthly grave.

1Pe 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
1Pe 1:4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

Again, something awaits us in heaven. Is it not the new glorified body given in a heavenly resurrection?

If scripture interprets scripture then I submit:

Joh 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where will heaven be for us when we die? Revelation talks about a new Earth. We know everything will be made new, but where will heaven be?
Heaven is a planet like the earth only bigger. There is no moon so the seasons do not change. As we travel to different areas of the planet there will be different seasons. There are different cities there that people will live in. We will be able to visit each other as our mansions will be very big so we have plenty of room for people. Even people can have their own room in our mansion so they can visit anytime they want.

After the 1,000 year reign of Christ there will be a new Heaven and a New Earth. Some people believe that we are already entering into the Kingdom age. The Kingdoms of this world are to become the Kingdoms of God.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No. Christ left heaven to return to the Earth. Meeting the raptured saints is in the clouds and they follow him down to the Earth not back up to heaven.
Some people believe that pre trib He comes for His Bride. His feet do not touch the ground. Then after the Trib He returns with His Bride. Then His feet touch the ground at the Mount of Olives and there is an earthquake at that time. The entire Arab Continental plate 1500 by 1500 by 1500 miles will become the New Jerusalem.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Paul writes that he desires to be clothed with the house from Heaven and says it is eternal in Heaven. That's the resurrected body and it is from heaven not from the Earth nor from an Earthly grave.

Amen.

1Pe 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
1Pe 1:4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

Is our perfect body the only thing we inherit? Of course not. I posted Scripture confirming when it would happen. Your quoted Scripture doesn't tell us WHEN we get our perfect bodies which we will have forever in Heaven.

Again, something awaits us in heaven. Is it not the new glorified body given in a heavenly resurrection?

It's at the Rapture.
1Co 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 1Co 15:53 For this corruptible (flesh) must put on incorruption, and this mortal (flesh) must put on immortality.(perfect body)

1Th 4:16 For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up (raptured) together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can you prove this? Any scripture?
Not really, I have had some dreams and visions of Heaven but not all that much compared to people like Kat Kerr that claims to have been there quite a few times. I have been to like the reception area but I am not qualified to go any further then that. Also I have seen the bottomless pit, and I have seen the optical fiber like worm holes that we use to travel though the universe. But again two angels there told me to go back and it was not my time yet.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Amen. Then:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Yes, the living saints will be changed and then caught up to meet them (Jesus and the resurrected dead saints) in the clouds. That's why the living cannot prevent/precede the dead because the dead are already with Christ. The dead are not raptured.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Yes, the living saints will be changed and then caught up to meet them (Jesus and the resurrected dead saints) in the clouds. That's why the living cannot prevent/precede the dead because the dead are already with Christ. The dead are not raptured.

The only thing better than being present with the Lord is being raptured since many Saints have waited a long time now for their perfect bodies.

1Th 4:16 For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead [in Christ] shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Sounds to me as if the dead in Christ will join those still living and both are raptured. Amen?

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The only thing better than being present with the Lord is being raptured since many Saints have waited a long time now for their perfect bodies.

1Th 4:16 For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead [in Christ] shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Sounds to me as if the dead in Christ will join those still living and both are raptured. Amen?

No, the dead in Christ leave heaven with Christ. The only ones to be raptured are the living saints.

Jud_1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

1Th_3:13 To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.

Rev 19:14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

1Th 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
1Th 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Amen, but they fly up to meet Jesus in their perfect immortal bodies.

Nope. They are in heaven when they resurrect and they follow Christ as he descends to the clouds. That's when the living saints "fly up" and meet Christ and the heavenly saints.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Amen. Then:
It is interesting how he says that "we which are alive and remain". The literal understanding would be that there was a rapture that took place at the time the temple was destroyed and the "Jewish" people were scattered from Jerusalem. Because everything that took place then was to be a pattern or a paradigm of what is going to take place at the end of the Church age. Even though some people believe the Kingdom Age has already begun.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Need "no answer" lol... what I KNOW ...well HE said it.. He will be WITH US.. our FATHER.. if you have kids or loved one you never seen for some time.. think about even though He KNOWS us.. yet.. He like you longs SO MUCH MORE then we can think.. to HOLD talk laugh with.. He wants to hold us in his arms and NEVER let go. That love that longing we have for our kids or others. His is SO much more then that..

So.. yeah.. I dont care where... HE will be with us... HE will be the light. NO more night...pfft.. now longing to go home even more

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No. Christ left heaven to return to the Earth. Meeting the raptured saints is in the clouds and they follow him down to the Earth not back up to heaven.

Praise GOD.. meeting Christ in the air.. but part of what you said is not written. No where does it say or even hint we come right back to earth. See Christ told us ..He went back to His Fathers house to make us a home. And if He goes He will come again to get us/take us so WHERE He is we will be. He told them. WHERE I go you know and how..

Now.. no one disagrees He went BACK to His Fathers house.. WHERE I am.. a Hes not on earth. He said.. I will come GET YOU so WHERE I am.. where did He go? And I always read before and after and .. just chapter (was not chapters back then) before.. and after. Then letter after letter before and after.. I still can not find ANYWHERE .. where we do not go back to where He is. He is NOT on the earth.. He is as it is written.. seated at the right hand of the Father. So WHERE He is is WHERE we will be. When HE does come.. sets foot on the earth.. like the word says.. WE will be with Him.. Jude..comes with 10k of His saints. He then gathers the nations.. He then splits them sheep and goats.. so forth so on.

Now.. I also can not find PRE MID OR POST written. I can tell you what I personally believe.. that is NOT His word. To many of us do this.. We tell you how we believe as if THAT is WRITTEN and HIS WORD..yet it is not. Its just your own personal belief :)

Now.. ever read a old jewish wedding? Well he pays a price for her. He then goes back to his fathers house to make them a home. Shes stays behind and gets ready but does not know when he will come back. He is gone about a year.. then comes back mostly at night with some friends.. as he gets closer makes a loud noise so she knows he is coming. Gets her.. takes her back to his fathers house for about week. Now.. thats NOT the word. But... LOVE IT!

What REALLY matters is.. CHRIST is our lord..we BELIEVE in Him.. and THATS what matters.

Upvote 0